Public Quests - A Complete Joke

Aada

Part of the furniture
This is a rant and a rave that i need to get off my chest so here goes :(

Today i have been leveling a new White Lion on Karak Eight Peaks, went to Nordland as the HighElf T1 zone is void of any life signs.

Upon reaching the zone i set out straight away to do the PQs, a Warband is currently doing them rolling one and rolling the next so i think great time for loot.

Boy was i wrong, i spent roughly 1.5 hours with this Warband going from PQ to PQ (did each PQ roughly 2-3 times) and i did not get 1 single peice of fucking loot i just left and i feel utterly demoralised playing this game.

Before i left i pointed out in the warband chat that i got zero loot, had a flood of responses roughly the same and that this is what ruins the game for alot of people trying to PVE instead of grind the scenarios.

They seriously need to look at the system they have in place to be honest as it is just a complete joke of a system.

I still cannot fathom why i should be awarded a bronze medal when i put as much effort into completing a public quest as anyone else there constantly mashing the buttons trying to kill the required enemies.

Mean while it seems the brightwizards all get gold/silver and they were the ones winning the damn loot every single time which to be honest isn't really their fault, it's Mythics fault in the way they designed their crummy PVE content and the way it fucks none AOE classes out of loot because they cannot hit more then 1 mob at a time.

Why not just have a dice roll system at the end of a PQ that is fair and not fucking over certain classes?

If Mythic wanna keep the players they have left they should start looking at crap like this which in it's form is total demoralising and a game breaker.

Sorry for the rant but just had to get it off my chest.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
QQ

Why dont you just wait for the 1.1 patch were you can prob do a pq on your own and get all the loot to yourself

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Must admit I don't mind the randomness of the system. If they changed it so that you could build up a bonus doing any PQ etc, I've a feeling people would abuse it to hell and back.

00dave

Artist formerly known as Ignus
surely the solution is to factor in damage taken and healing done to the contribution and do away with the random roll, or at least decrease its impact on the overall roll.

Mishy

One of Freddy's beloved
They should add a system whereby you earn "tokens" for doing PQ's which, after collecting so many, you can cash in for loot bags you might have otherwise earned. This way everyone gets something even if they dont win the loot during the PQ itself.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
surely the solution is to factor in damage taken and healing done to the contribution and do away with the random roll, or at least decrease its impact on the overall roll.

The problem that Aada is having is that the BW's/other aoe damage classes get much more contribution than his class.

Making contribution more important would make it harder for him to get any loot.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
They should add a system whereby you earn "tokens" for doing PQ's which, after collecting so many, you can cash in for loot bags you might have otherwise earned. This way everyone gets something even if they dont win the loot during the PQ itself.

It's called "influence" :) shame the loot for it sucks at the moment.

Aada

Part of the furniture
QQ

Why dont you just wait for the 1.1 patch were you can prob do a pq on your own and get all the loot to yourself

I don't want to solo the content i want to experience it with others but at the same time get a few rewards along the way.

I do want want to be punished because i am not a class with AOE.

Boggy

Fledgling Freddie
They should change the basis of contribution points radically, to take into account various class stregnths.

I don't mind that healers can always come tops, since we need to encourage people to play them, but damage should not count for as much as it does. Count the number of blows landed instead or something.

Aada

Part of the furniture
They should change the basis of contribution points radically, to take into account various class stregnths.

I don't mind that healers can always come tops, since we need to encourage people to play them, but damage should not count for as much as it does. Count the number of blows landed instead or something.

Why not get rid of contribution points altogether and just have a normal dice roll system?

It's a fair system that alot of people would like instead of the system currently in place.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
I found the PQ rewards less good than green quest rewards or world drops while levelling. Rather strange design-wise but levelling gear is only temporary anyway, I've never got excited about it in any game.

Even at endgame I'm finding lvl39 greens better than some of the PQ rewards but thats partly because the stats on items are just plain stupid. This is apparently fixed next patch and I'm told also retrospectively being applied to previous rewards.

The bottom line is I wouldn't worry too much about PQ loot.

Zede

Part of the furniture
empty PQs, Awful Scenarios

Why the fuck didnt anyone have the balls to tell Lord Jacobs the plans for his mmorpg were FUBAR.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Indeed, hence the request to be able to get loot bags instead :D

The influence reward should be as good as a green (mid) then a blue (elite) lootbag reward imo (different loot though so there's reason to get both)

atm I don't think they're anywhere near it - mainly because there's no resists on the gear.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Why not get rid of contribution points altogether and just have a normal dice roll system?

It's a fair system that alot of people would like instead of the system currently in place.

I turn up at the end and land an arrow on the boss monster... bing, roll 1st prize.

Can guarantee that'd cause at least as much anger.

Aqe

One of Freddy's beloved
When i leveled up if it was 1 group only i would win almost all PQ rolls due often only one getting contribution from healing. Damage contribution is usually divided among to many people to actually make a difference. Damage taken contribution is taken by the main tank so they often rank up very high.

Zealots with healing ground aura win over Shaman in PQs 100%. Healers doesn't always win PQs though, often if there is 4+ healers in the area the MT win, and healers is on par with the damage.

There is
100% of "Damage taken" Contribution
100% of "Damage done" Contribution
100% of "Healing done" Contribution
100% of "Numbers of abilities used" Contribution (not confirmed but seems like it)

The more people that share a specific contribution pool the less the chance you have of getting a item.

When it comes to Keep takes ATM (Changing in 1.1)
You get a random number when entering a zone that number is compared to the others attending the keep take.
Best number (high/low?) get highest contribution.
Staying in a zone where you got +500 will give you a high chance of +500 on the next keep take in that zone.

mooSe_

FH is my second home
I pretty much don't bother with PQs at all any more:
- It takes a long time to fill up the influence bar and when it is finally full the loot I get wasn't worth the effort.
- Certain classes seem to have a much higher chance of scoring high than other classes which seems unfair.
- Most PQs have no players on them most of the time (though tbh I never spend long hanging around them or trying to find parties for them so I'm sure that one could be just bad luck)

For me PVE gets very boring very quickly, and doing some PQs would be a very welcome change because I do actually enjoy them when I have a party for them; it's just the problems I talked about above that spoil them for me, and that it is quicker for leveling purposes to go scenario + solo pve than spend time finding a group for anything, which I certainly don't like.
Wow my first real whine, I feel like a proper FH member now:p

Boggy

Fledgling Freddie

I reckon there's a risk that could make things worse, or just bad in a different way. If you've spent 15 mins on a PQ and someone turns up during the last few moments to kill the boss, you'd be fairly gutted if that person got loot and you didn't.

Maybe a straight roll is the way to go, but if so perhaps it should be coupled with some kidna minimum time requirement. Like, you gotta have been there for at least 5 mins in order to get a roll.

dee777

Loyal Freddie
I don't want to solo the content i want to experience it with others but at the same time get a few rewards along the way.

I do want want to be punished because i am not a class with AOE.

There is the option of doing the PQ in a group, instead of zerging along with a warband. And you dont even have to be an AEer for that.

Mr_Grumpy

Fledgling Freddie
This is a rant and a rave that i need to get off my chest so here goes :(

Today i have been leveling a new White Lion on Karak Eight Peaks, went to Nordland as the HighElf T1 zone is void of any life signs.

Upon reaching the zone i set out straight away to do the PQs, a Warband is currently doing them rolling one and rolling the next so i think great time for loot.

Boy was i wrong, i spent roughly 1.5 hours with this Warband going from PQ to PQ (did each PQ roughly 2-3 times) and i did not get 1 single peice of fucking loot i just left and i feel utterly demoralised playing this game.

Before i left i pointed out in the warband chat that i got zero loot, had a flood of responses roughly the same and that this is what ruins the game for alot of people trying to PVE instead of grind the scenarios.

They seriously need to look at the system they have in place to be honest as it is just a complete joke of a system.

I still cannot fathom why i should be awarded a bronze medal when i put as much effort into completing a public quest as anyone else there constantly mashing the buttons trying to kill the required enemies.

Mean while it seems the brightwizards all get gold/silver and they were the ones winning the damn loot every single time which to be honest isn't really their fault, it's Mythics fault in the way they designed their crummy PVE content and the way it fucks none AOE classes out of loot because they cannot hit more then 1 mob at a time.

Why not just have a dice roll system at the end of a PQ that is fair and not fucking over certain classes?

If Mythic wanna keep the players they have left they should start looking at crap like this which in it's form is total demoralising and a game breaker.

Sorry for the rant but just had to get it off my chest.

Sorry how didnt you manage to get influence? Why didnt the npc give you the rewards? Didnt you get any exp from mob kills? Didnt you get any brass from npcs?

Or are you just qqing over not getting a bag of trash (cause tbh you level so fast bags of loot in pqs arent worth crying over)

Aada

Part of the furniture
Sorry how didnt you manage to get influence? Why didnt the npc give you the rewards? Didnt you get any exp from mob kills? Didnt you get any brass from npcs?

Or are you just qqing over not getting a bag of trash (cause tbh you level so fast bags of loot in pqs arent worth crying over)

Yeah i got the influence but no bag of trash but we actually got 3 gold bags pop up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom