Quests Quests God Damn Quests

Fuddle

Fledgling Freddie
Im new to the game like everyone else, lv13 and feel like giving up because questing is so boring.

give back the DAoC xp style, proper grps chaining mobs for 1/2 decent xp.

is it quests all the way to 40? think im going to kill myself !

Tom

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie
You can level by questing, you can level by doing PQ's, you can level in pvp scenarios, you can level in open-world rvr, you can gain xp by exploring new areas...there really is a lot to do and a LOT to see and find.

Personally im pvping all the way with the occasional quest and PQ when the mood takes me.

Vintersorg

Can't get enough of FH
It depends.
You can grind if you want, you can level through PQ's.
Hell, you can even level solely in RvR if you wish

Fuddle

Fledgling Freddie
Im obviously on an underpopulated server (Brokeback Mountains) only place i can get some pvp is in scenario and thats a 1h + plus (good exp once in there).

Rest of the time i am running around solo as a sorc R13 RR8 ;x

Himse

FH is my second home
Im obviously on an underpopulated server (Brokeback Mountains) only place i can get some pvp is in scenario and thats a 1h + plus (good exp once in there).

play a more populated server then :)

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie

I don't play your server, but imo i'd move to the empire v chaos area, scenarios there are usually reasonably regular :)

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Don't worry too much about leveling up uber fast. Make sure you are always in the queue for a scenario, do player quests (which are very fun) and the time will fly by.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Im new to the game like everyone else, lv13 and feel like giving up because questing is so boring.

I've heard that there are excellent XP groups on Dyvet.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
you tried all the racial zones ?
on the server im on, there is shit loads of people in the C/E PVP, almost none in the D/G , and a few in the E/DE

does vary a bit, but check all 3

logoth

Fledgling Freddie

Tom

and when you 40, and you dont like it already, what will you do?
most of us like quests, pqs, pvpquests etc. thats why we play this game.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH

Tom

who says you can`t do daoc style AE grinding ?

in closed beta i went with a sorc, chosen and a zealot from level 37 - 40 in like 3-4 hours staying in the same camp doing the kinda stuff we did in PoC or AC (that`s pulls from 30 - 50 mobs) with a pala, ice wiz and a cleric.

you just need to find a camp that`s big enough and that has ultra fast repop.

(not gone tell you where we did it in WaR :p)

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Patience, young Padawan. It's not a race to 40. Enjoy the massive and very cool gameworld.

mrbandersnatch

Fledgling Freddie
I have to say, this is the first game where I've actually felt the journey is more important than the destination. 6 different racial areas to level through, 6 different classes to experience it all....VERY impressive.

Vonwar

One of Freddy's beloved
I must say, i fully understand you. I'd give a heck about how to get lvl 40 just let it be over and done with. I would rather pl myself on multiple accounts in a realm i know in DaoC instad of running around in some unknown territory trying to find quest items etc. utterly boring. I agree.

This is just like starting up on a german server in daoc, when one comes from dyvet, the painfull utterly boring time leveling until you reach the goal of lvl 40.

I also like you find it, a pain in the ass and realy im giving it 3 months and then i will consider to go back to DaoC and play on a server which is populated. You just feel you start up on a new daoc like server and you do what you have been doing since 2002........... NOT funny

A lot of things are annoying, as for example no pac healer no crowd control, you can blow yourself up by doing pbaoe, totally rediculus.

Graphics are not even better than DaoC which is 6½ years old. Very dissapointing i must say.

Public quests are an ok thing other things are ok too but the pros and cons i find more cons.

Sry guys good for you that you find it splendid most of you, i wish you luck in WAR, but not all can be positive about this game.

Vonwar

One of Freddy's beloved
What the hell? Throw your pentium 3 out of the window.

Quad core, Nvidia 9800 GTX
come agian

still i think it is not that much better i mean 6½ years have passed.....

amtired

Fledgling Freddie
Hmmm, yes actually Age of Conan might work for you.
Different graphics and a very different game, while WAR certainly has a lot in common with DAOC.
In my opinion age of conan sucks though. Broken quests, boring PVE, clumsy mechanics, unnecessary combosystem and gankfest-style pvp.
But different? Sure.

Urme the Legend

Fledgling Freddie
I have to say, this is the first game where I've actually felt the journey is more important than the destination. 6 different racial areas to level through, 6 different classes to experience it all....VERY impressive.

Same here, I actually have fun when leveling now, doing pq's, quests, scenarios and sometime you just end up doing open rvr for a long time and noticed you haven't actually gained that much exp during the time but you had a lot fun :)

It's not like WoW/AoC/DAoC where you just want to grind to max level in no time.

Ezeine

Loyal Freddie
I must say, i fully understand you. I'd give a heck about how to get lvl 40 just let it be over and done with. I would rather pl myself on multiple accounts in a realm i know in DaoC instad of running around in some unknown territory trying to find quest items etc. utterly boring. I agree.

This is just like starting up on a german server in daoc, when one comes from dyvet, the painfull utterly boring time leveling until you reach the goal of lvl 40.

I also like you find it, a pain in the ass and realy im giving it 3 months and then i will consider to go back to DaoC and play on a server which is populated. You just feel you start up on a new daoc like server and you do what you have been doing since 2002........... NOT funny

A lot of things are annoying, as for example no pac healer no crowd control, you can blow yourself up by doing pbaoe, totally rediculus.

Graphics are not even better than DaoC which is 6½ years old. Very dissapointing i must say.

Public quests are an ok thing other things are ok too but the pros and cons i find more cons.

Sry guys good for you that you find it splendid most of you, i wish you luck in WAR, but not all can be positive about this game.

Can't resist:

Want some cheese with that whine?

dee777

Loyal Freddie
I've heard that there are excellent XP groups on Dyvet.

Hell no, all the good spots are camped 24/7...

But seriously, how can you complain about XPing in WAR? You get XP for just about everything. Exploring, questing, grinding, scenarioing and RvRing. Just play for fun and gain XP in the process.

Vintersorg

Can't get enough of FH
come agian

I think you installed Warhammer: Shadow of the Horned Rat instead of Warhammer Online...Check your cd's again

Ezeine

Loyal Freddie
come agian

If you want to have nice "ooh breathtaking" moments, Age of Conan is the game. It really has nice gfx. Shame about the rest of the game though.

I was actually bit sceptic about WAR graphics after playing beta but I have to say I'm satisfied. For a RvR game, the graphics are more than adequate.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
For people complaining about graphics, its not everything (humdidum Age of Conan.. but it looks extremely fluffy.. awwww)

Vintersorg

Can't get enough of FH
I remember 6 years ago, when I started DaoC;
I was at first disappointed by the graphics, but I didn't care. Because it was for the Gameplay that I was there

Of course, I grew up with a C64 so I was used to crap graphics :D

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
If you want to have nice "ooh breathtaking" moments, Age of Conan is the game. It really has nice gfx. Shame about the rest of the game though.

I was actually bit sceptic about WAR graphics after playing beta but I have to say I'm satisfied. For a RvR game, the graphics are more than adequate.

Actually, there's plenty of "ooh breathtaking" moments in WAR, too. Wait till you see Thunder Mountain or Praag (especially at night - nighttime RvR in Praag is just amazing) or High Pass Cemetary or Reikwald Fortress or...well, let's just say there's just loads of very cool places.

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
I think you installed Warhammer: Shadow of the Horned Rat instead of Warhammer Online...Check your cd's again

Nice :)

This game is the most flexible in game experience of any I have seen yet. Get bored questing?

Click the scenario button - it ports you to the scenario and you can PvP for a bit.

Scenario over?

It puts you back exactly where you where (usually on top of a mob) and you can get on with it.

Go to the frontline, PvP. Get bored with the zerg. Leave by the back entrance to the war camp, avoid your PvP flag turning on and then go look for a few one v's ones or small group action in the oppositions PvE zone (be careful not to run into their camps though).

You have to love the flexibility....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom