Ps3

soze

I am a FH squatter
I was listening to Radio 1 today and the tech guy said the lack of the chip means the PS3 will play 50% at lauch but that number will go up with updates.

He also said from speaking to developers it could up to 4 years like the ps2 befor we really see the best of the ps3 :)

And that there currently no plans to slow down PS2 games with more exclusives coming out on the PS2.

It was interesting listening too he said the consol is stunning the games look great and Metal Gear Solid looks like it will be mind blowing. But he thinks £425 is too much for a games machine.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Saw the trailer and ingame footage for FFXIII. I had to go to the bathroom to clear up afterwards.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I was listening to Radio 1 today and the tech guy said the lack of the chip means the PS3 will play 50% at lauch but that number will go up with updates.

He also said from speaking to developers it could up to 4 years like the ps2 befor we really see the best of the ps3 :)

And that there currently no plans to slow down PS2 games with more exclusives coming out on the PS2.

It was interesting listening too he said the consol is stunning the games look great and Metal Gear Solid looks like it will be mind blowing. But he thinks £425 is too much for a games machine.

I listened to Radio 1 today also and that guy was clueless :)

soze

I am a FH squatter
I listened to Radio 1 today also and that guy was clueless :)

Yeah he did not seem to make a point one way or the other its great its expensive the ps2 in brilliant and he completely avoided the MGS question the tosser

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Yeah he did not seem to make a point one way or the other its great its expensive the ps2 in brilliant and he completely avoided the MGS question the tosser

Make your mind up. first you are wanking over what the guy said and then change your mind cause Wij doe not agree.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Make your mind up. first you are wanking over what the guy said and then change your mind cause Wij doe not agree.

You must have a mental disease that sees praise where i do not see praise so here is what i posted

I said it was interesting. Show me where im wanking over the guy. Granted i did not say the guy on Radio 1 said this but i though he was a tool be cause he did not make his mind up. But i have never done that. So show me how that is wanking over him or go forth and multiply

Xtro

One of Freddy's beloved
I'll just steer clear until the format war sorts itself out. Most of the general public don't give a fuck anyway really.

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
Blu-ray is already well on it's way to winning the format war. Oh HD-DVD, we barely knew you.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Blu-ray is already well on it's way to winning the format war. Oh HD-DVD, we barely knew you.

Sure.

You keep telling yourself that because unless you a gadget clued up person, nobody knows what Blu-ray is however everyone knows what HD is.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Sure.

You keep telling yourself that because unless you a gadget clued up person, nobody knows what Blu-ray is however everyone knows what HD is.

Yeah and the fact that Blu Ray has 3 times the exclusive content will have no bearing on the War. Its only X Box owners who may know what a HD DVD is over a Blu Ray other wise if you have looked into HD video you would have seen both.

This link has more info :) http://www.blu-raydisc.com/Section-14064/faqs/4/Index.html

JBP|

Part of the furniture
Ooooh its like VHS v Betamax all over again isnt it.

Personally i don't care which format wins,as i intend to get a hybrid player(eventually) that will let me play both formats. (This means i win!)

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
Sure.

Mr. Fanboy shows up again to make his retardation known to all!

Look here, dickhead: http://www.eproductwars.com/dvd/

The highest ranked HD-DVD on Amazon is at #167. The top two blu-ray titles are at 8 and 66.

The 2nd best selling HD-DVD is down at #307. This puts 5 blu-ray titles ahead of HD-DVD's 2nd.

By the time you get to the 5th best selling HD-DVD, you have to look past blu-ray's top 10 to drop below that ranking. There are at least 10 blu-ray titles right now selling better than the 5th best HD-DVD.

This isn't even considering that HD-DVD is pretty much non-existant in Asia, and died before it started here in the UK. So, tell me again how HD-DVD is going to win because everyone knows what "HD" is?

nath

Fledgling Freddie
What's the point of arguing about HD-DVD vs Blu-Ray? I've heard people say it was like betamax vs VHS. People said the same about DVD-R and DVD+R. Which won there? Oh that's right, neither - everyone has dual format burners now.

It's gunna be the same with the hi def movie format, eventually they'll come out with players that simply do both.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
the lg combo player hass issues tho, cant accses spec features on hd dvd is one of em

Doomy

Fledgling Freddie
Anyone got Virtua Fighter 5 yet?

I remember getting the first 1 on Sega Saturn (after renting it out from blockbuster, the console that is) and loving it so much. Also remember finishing Jumping Jack Flash when we hired the PS but anyways.

Never played it since much. So the new one is absolutely stunning to look at and I can honestly see me pumping many an hour into it. Theres 17 characters and they are all new to me really so.

Anyways, WOW.

Embattle

FH is my second home
The Blu-ray vs HD-DVD is more akin to the slightly less old - vs + DVD fight where lots of noise was made about which was better and eventually both have survived with modern tech incorporating both into players.

The years in which the VHS vs Betamax took place meant only one could survive, added to that the technology around the time was slightly laking and the actual media was physically different in size.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
warner bros are doing the flip disc thingie, hdvd on one side blu ray on other

inactionman

Can't get enough of FH
So the BC list is up, and it's not good! The 1000 figure looks to include a lot of duplicates or foreign language versions. Plus a bunch of 1st party games either don't work, or have serious issues, along with some AAA games like GTA:SA.

Glad I canceled my preorder tbh!

FuzzyLogic

Kicking squealing Gucci little piggy
Yea I found that a little odd myself, all the PS2 Final Fantasies are listed as having issues (X and X-2 being 1/3, FFXII 2/3), haven't looked at the PS1 games yet.

Wouldn't count the BC issues as the be all and end all of being the deciding factor for not having a PS3 (for me anyhow) but after all the crowing Sony did about the 360's BC methods it's a poor show to do this themselves.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
well ms have been trying to get DMC games on the original xbox since the console came, but have succeeded with the 360. apart from gran tourismo heavenly sword and mgs4 things don't look good. sorta contemplating canceling my preorder of the ps3 atm

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
So the BC list is up, and it's not good! The 1000 figure looks to include a lot of duplicates or foreign language versions. Plus a bunch of 1st party games either don't work, or have serious issues, along with some AAA games like GTA:SA.

Glad I canceled my preorder tbh!

where is it?

also, im a little confused about this tbh, i thought they removed all backward compatibly for EU PS3's?

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
No, they removed the ps2 emotion engine and are rellying on software emulation only. Which will not be as reliable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom