Ps3

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Mass Effect looks amazing, the rest I could take or leave.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Mass Effect looks amazing, the rest I could take or leave.

I could say the same of all the remaining PS3 exclusives to be honest but that doesn't make them bad games, it just means they aren't to my taste. You are right about Mass Effect, that could be one incredible game if it delivers on it's promise. I also like the fact that it is the first episode in a trilogy that covers a galatic invasion, I am such a whore for epic sci-fi :)

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
MGS3? will be on the 360 6 months after the PS3 version comes out so again stfu.

Gran Turismo? you can have a crummy demo.

Final Fantasy? i'll give you that, the best RPG out if you like playing a series that is done to the death.

lol

MGS3 hasn't been confirmed as cross platform yet and you're already making statements about it being on the 360 after 6 months :) Since you're obviously a 360 fanboy, how do you feel about the 360 "exclusives" coming out on PC's, therefore not being quite so exclusive? Why would I buy a 360 if I can play them on the PC a year later? huh?!!!

I already told you on another thread that GTHD was a free demo, already out, and that GT5 is being made (aka not a "crummy demo"). But go on, keep using the same incorrect bullshit over and over :)

Finally, how is Final Fantasy (no pun intended) "done to the death"? Each iteration has a different story, different characters, set in a different world and time zone with different gameplay.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
FF the concept is preety much the same the story and shit is diff but down to its core its always been the same game

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Actually the game dynamics often change a fair amount between each one.

soze

I am a FH squatter
I crumbled went to a Sony Center and got a 1080p 32" tv and a ps3 on 0% for a year :)

FuzzyLogic

Kicking squealing Gucci little piggy
Interesting, I wasn't aware that 32" 1080p sets were produced, dammit if they are :(

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Forza 2? Halo 3? Mass Effect? Halo Wars? Bio-Shock? Project Gotham 4? Banjo-Kazooie #3?

So nothing that's going to tempt me away from my world of Wipeout and Gran Turismo then. Glad we got that straightened out.

soze

I am a FH squatter

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Before you buy anything from a sony center have a look at etailers selling the 1080p bravia sets. Much cheaper than Sony and you can still get them on finance with most.

Oh and if you are getting anything HD, make sure the Tv is big enough to show it off, 32" will not do it justice.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
agree dont buy from sony center even if its 0%

youll save more from shopping elsewhere, sony ccenters prolly only good for checking out tvs with your own eyes

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
So nothing that's going to tempt me away from my world of Wipeout and Gran Turismo then. Glad we got that straightened out.

No, no. You stated no exclusives till Gears of War 2, I made a rebutal and nothing more.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
God DAMNIT I want Wipeout. I seriously hope they come out with a decent clone of it on the xbox since I'm not spending all that dosh on a PS3 just to get it :\

Also ch3t - that's not true at all. I've seen some hi def content on my 19" LCD monitor and it looks fucking spangly. Granted it looks better on the projection screen at 106", not much doesn't, but high def is nice regardless.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Before you buy anything from a sony center have a look at etailers selling the 1080p bravia sets. Much cheaper than Sony and you can still get them on finance with most.

Oh and if you are getting anything HD, make sure the Tv is big enough to show it off, 32" will not do it justice.

They did not £200 off the 32 so ill see what they offer on the 40" when i go to see the boss today. But I am glad i was rushed last night so did not go for it.

Also because its in my room 32" is plenty big enough and HD content looks brilliant on it I have not had HD sice selling the XBox at Christmas but GoW still looked shit hot :)

Aada

Part of the furniture
lol

MGS3 hasn't been confirmed as cross platform yet and you're already making statements about it being on the 360 after 6 months :) Since you're obviously a 360 fanboy, how do you feel about the 360 "exclusives" coming out on PC's, therefore not being quite so exclusive? Why would I buy a 360 if I can play them on the PC a year later? huh?!!!

I already told you on another thread that GTHD was a free demo, already out, and that GT5 is being made (aka not a "crummy demo"). But go on, keep using the same incorrect bullshit over and over :)

Finally, how is Final Fantasy (no pun intended) "done to the death"? Each iteration has a different story, different characters, set in a different world and time zone with different gameplay.

I couldn't give 2 hoots about games being released for the PC as long as Sony don't get their crubby mits on them.

Final Fantasy is done to the death many gamers will agree they will never top the success of FF7. FF8-9 got boring very fast and were nothing compared to FF7 which is why i stopped buying them.

Maybe they could *GASP* make something new? not with the Final Fantasy name? but that would stop a cash cow right?

See you when MGS3 is on the 360 like someone said the game has cost an insane amount of money to make and if they want to make some kind of profit they have no choice but to cross platform it.

Have fun with the paper weight and all the ports you'll get from the 360 because as of right now thats where your games are coming from :D

Talivar

Part of the furniture
FF7 is by far the best i agree but i gotta disagree about 8+ being poor. As ppl keep mentioning each FF game is a whole diff story/setting/chars so it doesnt get stale. Saying but yea its same game mechanics in a diff coat each time also means u could say same about 80% of turn based rpgs in general. On the sony vs ms side tho i agree PS3 feels way to expensive for gamers but for ppl like me who want Blue-ray its the cheapest option. The who has best games argument is best taken another year down the line so Sony has the same ammount of time as MS has had up until now.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
They did not £200 off the 32 so ill see what they offer on the 40" when i go to see the boss today. But I am glad i was rushed last night so did not go for it.

Also because its in my room 32" is plenty big enough and HD content looks brilliant on it I have not had HD sice selling the XBox at Christmas but GoW still looked shit hot :)

You had a HD tv before? Or were you using the 360 on a monitor? the 40" bravia w2000 is £1300 at digital direct at the mo, what have sony quoted you?

Granted Nath, HD does look good even on a 19", but it looks even better when you start going above 32". SD pictures start getting crappy above 32".

inactionman

Can't get enough of FH
Yup, if I'd have known that kind of thing was happening, I'd have queued myself, kept the tv and sold the ps3 for a pittance on ebay!

Still, the reports of the launch being completely underwhelming everywhere in the world, the fact that you can apparently walk into almost any high street store and pick one up, that it's reported that sony won't be bringing large numbers of ps3's into the country for another six months and the desperation that is giving a 46" tv away with a ps3... It's not good is it?

soze

I am a FH squatter
You had a HD tv before? Or were you using the 360 on a monitor? the 40" bravia w2000 is £1300 at digital direct at the mo, what have sony quoted you?

Granted Nath, HD does look good even on a 19", but it looks even better when you start going above 32". SD pictures start getting crappy above 32".

I have a 32" Sony Bravia now the 360 looked sweet at 720p I'm half tempted to just run a PS3 on compnent on that for now at 720p. Im going to Sony at lunch.

Stimpy

Fledgling Freddie
I don't get why people bothered to queue up Sony have shipped a huge amount there really wasn't any need surely? :)

WPKenny

Resident Freddy
So Aada, are you a millionaire by now? Those 6 ps3's must be making you a tidy profit. I've seen PS3's going on ebay for hugely inflated prices. Some as high 430 quid! KERAZEE! ;)

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Comon then, one of you lot must of got the console. Give proper review of it.

inactionman

Can't get enough of FH
Bet aada's glad of the distance sales regulations! ;)

So what's happened to all the sony fanboi's? Too bust playing your ps£'s are you?

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
They can't afford them, that's what ;)

Aada

Part of the furniture
So Aada, are you a millionaire by now? Those 6 ps3's must be making you a tidy profit. I've seen PS3's going on ebay for hugely inflated prices. Some as high 430 quid! KERAZEE! ;)

Didn't sell on ebay :p highest one sold for £698 lowest £610 :)

Again thank you Sony for the holiday i bought x

What i want to know is how many people bought the console opened it all up and looked for the HDMI cable to plug into their nice new HDTV they bought and found out they needed to fork out another £20-£30 just to be able to play it how it was meant to be played :D

4/6 people that bought them off me asked if there was a HDMI cable inside the box.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
got mine, tried motor storm and its preety fun not but alotho it looks great its not a brilliant game. tried inserting god of war 2 into it to see how its like but its dont play ntsc discs it seems which is shit as a few of my ps2 games are ntsc. not got round to trying resistance fall of man yet. firgging cricket is on

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom