Ps3

inactionman

Can't get enough of FH
It's on the PS3 website.

What's odd is that (although I didn't like the game) FFVII is *not* compatible with the PS3.

FuzzyLogic

Kicking squealing Gucci little piggy
If you want to go that route best do it sharpish, there's rumours of the PS2 chip being removed from all new units globally.

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
Remember though that the PAL PS3's will have 65nm cell chips, meaning it'll run cooler and use less power, perhaps even running quieter (all the NTSC models with the EE chip are 90nm)

soze

I am a FH squatter
No, they removed the ps2 emotion engine and are rellying on software emulation only. Which will not be as reliable.

Not as reliable is wrong on the games it supposrt it gives better quality if the youtube vids of the chip are anything to go by. But it dose not support as many game as the chip. The 50% number might go up with patches.

If you do import one remember to tell the guy if he dose not give you £100 back you will inform Sony UK they have said they will go after all illegal importers you might get yourself a discount :)

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Er, the list I'm looking at says GTA:SA has no problems. GT4 has a slight issue apparently, but only if you leave it idle on the main screen (although I swear that happens on my PS2), Tekken Tag and Wipeout Fusion are fine. Don't see the problem to be honest, not all PS1 games worked on PS2, so I'm not really expecting it to be any different with PS3. In fact I thiink I'd only be pissed off if it didn't play 100% of the PS3 games tbh.

I'm still not buying one though.

FuzzyLogic

Kicking squealing Gucci little piggy
Sure you're looking at the right list Bodhi? This is what i'm faced with when I look up GTA:SA: clicky.

It's strange how the others seem to work fine, it's just that one 0o

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Remember though that the PAL PS3's will have 65nm cell chips, meaning it'll run cooler and use less power, perhaps even running quieter (all the NTSC models with the EE chip are 90nm)

No they don't, we won't be seeing 65nm CELL's in PS3 until June/July.

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
last n00b question from me for a while, but does that meen its going to be the same kind of system as in the 360? if so, that can only be a good thing, due to it being updated with new games all the time?

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Well Parappa The Rapper works so that's all the backwards compatibility I'll ever need.

inactionman

Can't get enough of FH
Remember if you want an import one for bc, you'll need the games from that region as well! Don't you love the stupid region locking of games?

inactionman

Can't get enough of FH
last n00b question from me for a while, but does that meen its going to be the same kind of system as in the 360? if so, that can only be a good thing, due to it being updated with new games all the time?

Nope sony have said in a press release that basically that's it, apart from possibly introducing AA in emulated games. As they want to focus on 'screwing more money out of you' with online stuff, and possibly Wii like VC capability (pay again for the same game you already have for your ps2!).

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
Nope sony have said in a press release that basically that's it, apart from possibly introducing AA in emulated games. As they want to focus on 'screwing more money out of you' with online stuff, and possibly Wii like VC capability (pay again for the same game you already have for your ps2!).

i dont have a wii yet, but the deal they are giving us is for some of the more retro games i thought, games like super metroid and the like

soze

I am a FH squatter

Where did you see that the stuff i read about the emulation software so far has said that it will grow to be compatable with more games via patches.

Remember if you want an import one for bc, you'll need the games from that region as well! Don't you love the stupid region locking of games?
Unless something has changed PS3 games are Region free so imports will play all games fine but you will have to buy regional Blu-Rays as there are region locked.

inactionman

Can't get enough of FH
Where did you see that the stuff i read about the emulation software so far has said that it will grow to be compatable with more games via patches.

http://www.edge-online.co.uk/archives/2007/02/sony_rethinks_p.php

Yes there may be some updates in time, but it's not a priority for them, so don't expect much!

Unless something has changed PS3 games are Region free so imports will play all games fine but you will have to buy regional Blu-Rays as there are region locked.

I'm not talking about the ps3 games, I'm talking about the ps1/ps2 games for bc. And BTW region locking of games for the ps3 is totally down to the publisher.

soze

I am a FH squatter
http://www.edge-online.co.uk/archives/2007/02/sony_rethinks_p.php

Yes there may be some updates in time, but it's not a priority for them, so don't expect much!

I'm not talking about the ps3 games, I'm talking about the ps1/ps2 games for bc. And BTW region locking of games for the ps3 is totally down to the publisher.

Ahh ok sorry misunderstood you.

That dose seems like the updates wil be a afterthough, i will have to see whats going on at GT HD time to see what way i will go US or UK.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Whats the betting the PS3 Version will be a 360 port.

Its getting harder and harder to justify £425 for Metal Gear Solid and Gran Turismo

Bodhi

Dear oh dear the rabid anti-sonyism on this forum takes the piss sometimes. "Yay Sony are going down.". They aren't really to be honest with you, DMC is hardly a great loss, considering they were fucking shit after the first one. Surprised they released it on 360 tho, considering it's all about button bashing and the buttons on the 360 are shit. And there's the root of the problem, games like DMC and GTA will remain PS3 exclusives as far as I'm concerned as I'd rather have a naked jelly wrestle with Jade Goody than touch a 360 controller, as it's the most uncomfortable bastard thing I've ever used. Makes me doubly glad Gran Turismo will never appear on 360, it would be insulting to the game to try and control it on that piece of shit.

However speaking from a business point of view exclusive deals WILL get rarer and rarer as time goes on. Games publishing is hardly the most lucrative job in the world, so most people will look to go multi-platform. Much less of a song and dance was made when Saints Row went the other way (seems a good trade to me), which is like a quarter of Xbox exclusives gone in one fell swoop, and none of the rest (Halo, PGR or Gears of War), none of which are going to entice me away from a world of KillZone, Wipeout (I can't believe this is coming to PS3. I may just ejaculate), Gran Turismo, MGS, Final Fantasy, Soul Calibur, Tekken and The Getaway now are they? With PS3 I know the games I love are going to keep coming, so £425 sounds like a good investment for me, just like £300 was for a PS2 at launch.

Stimpy

Fledgling Freddie
Whats the betting the PS3 Version will be a 360 port.

Its getting harder and harder to justify £425 for Metal Gear Solid and Gran Turismo

MGS will almost certainly be released on the 360 within 3-6months of it being released on the PS3 - it's a $25Million+ game they pretty much have to release it on both consoles.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
MGS will almost certainly be released on the 360 within 3-6months of it being released on the PS3 - it's a $25Million+ game they pretty much have to release it on both consoles.

thought sony tied the series down before mgs3 came out, which is why there has been no xbox or pc port of it unlike the first mgs1 & 2.

looks like my pre order got posted by gameplay so it should be here tomorrow. not sure if its the wisest money i spent. but meh i work hard so deserve to by me self a pressie dayafter my bday

and it seems like a couple of warez groups are release hack and exploits to run on the ps3 on 23rd as well could be intresting on homebrew side of things

Aada

Part of the furniture
Dear oh dear the rabid anti-sonyism on this forum takes the piss sometimes. "Yay Sony are going down.". They aren't really to be honest with you, DMC is hardly a great loss, considering they were fucking shit after the first one. Surprised they released it on 360 tho, considering it's all about button bashing and the buttons on the 360 are shit. And there's the root of the problem, games like DMC and GTA will remain PS3 exclusives as far as I'm concerned as I'd rather have a naked jelly wrestle with Jade Goody than touch a 360 controller, as it's the most uncomfortable bastard thing I've ever used. Makes me doubly glad Gran Turismo will never appear on 360, it would be insulting to the game to try and control it on that piece of shit.

However speaking from a business point of view exclusive deals WILL get rarer and rarer as time goes on. Games publishing is hardly the most lucrative job in the world, so most people will look to go multi-platform. Much less of a song and dance was made when Saints Row went the other way (seems a good trade to me), which is like a quarter of Xbox exclusives gone in one fell swoop, and none of the rest (Halo, PGR or Gears of War), none of which are going to entice me away from a world of KillZone, Wipeout (I can't believe this is coming to PS3. I may just ejaculate), Gran Turismo, MGS, Final Fantasy, Soul Calibur, Tekken and The Getaway now are they? With PS3 I know the games I love are going to keep coming, so £425 sounds like a good investment for me, just like £300 was for a PS2 at launch.

Killzone? hahah that game was so hyped and the reviews were so fucking average but i guess if that is the only decent shooter the PS3 has going for it then it's a AAA game right?

The Getaway? well if the last 2 games were anything to go by you sure have a great title coming your way!!!!

Read these for stunning reviews!! http://uk.gamespot.com/ps2/adventure/getaway/index.html?q=the getaway
http://uk.gamespot.com/ps2/adventure/thegetaway2/index.html?q=the getaway

Yes that's right they didn't even reach a 7 in review scores.

MGS3? will be on the 360 6 months after the PS3 version comes out so again stfu.

Gran Turismo? you can have a crummy demo.

Final Fantasy? i'll give you that, the best RPG out if you like playing a series that is done to the death.

Yep i can see the PS3 has a great lineup!

Have fun with your £425 paper weight and Resistance Fall Of Man because that is the only game worth getting for the console for the next 6 months.

I bet you have a 360 already.

Panda On Smack

Can't get enough of FH

He would sooner cut off his 'Sony Tattooed' balls than get a 360

Why argue about consoles lads when both of you are fanboys and will never turn, its a waste of time.

I dont own either as both were way too much $$$, the new 360 elite looks more tempting now though and if the PS3 drops to half its current price i would get that as well.

Stop the generic banter!

soze

I am a FH squatter
Have fun with your £425 paper weight and Resistance Fall Of Man because that is the only game worth getting for the console for the next 6 months.

Said it befor and ill say it again Gears of War was the frist Exclusive WOW game on the 360 and that was 1 year after launch so did that make 360s a paperweight?

Bodhi

Killzone? hahah that game was so hyped and the reviews were so fucking average but i guess if that is the only decent shooter the PS3 has going for it then it's a AAA game right?

The Getaway? well if the last 2 games were anything to go by you sure have a great title coming your way!!!!

Read these for stunning reviews!! http://uk.gamespot.com/ps2/adventure/getaway/index.html?q=the getaway
http://uk.gamespot.com/ps2/adventure/thegetaway2/index.html?q=the getaway

Yes that's right they didn't even reach a 7 in review scores.

MGS3? will be on the 360 6 months after the PS3 version comes out so again stfu.

Gran Turismo? you can have a crummy demo.

Final Fantasy? i'll give you that, the best RPG out if you like playing a series that is done to the death.

Yep i can see the PS3 has a great lineup!

Do I give a shit about what the reviews say?

I loved Killzone, it was like Halo but without the never ending feeling of "Hang on, I've done this level before" and a much better sense of fun. I loved The Getaway too as it was GTA with half decent missions. These are both games I've played an enjoyed, so do I care if someone who writes for a magazine doesn't like it?

GT will be more than a demo, as remember, HD was cancelled to work on GT5. Might be a while before it comes out, but hey, good things come to those who wait and all that. Also, MGS I'm not really that fussed about as I'm not a fan of stealth games. I can cope with Wipeout and Tekken instead though, two more games I love. Considering these probably won;t be out on 360, no I haven't got one.

Have fun with Gears of War though, that should do you til your next exclusive comes along (Gears of War 2 I expect....).

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Have fun with Gears of War though, that should do you til your next exclusive comes along (Gears of War 2 I expect....).

Forza 2? Halo 3? Mass Effect? Halo Wars? Bio-Shock? Project Gotham 4? Banjo-Kazooie #3?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom