Prydwen down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yshynsin

Fledgling Freddie
Xalin said:
Update:

Well my secret Xalin hope hasn't materialised. No server today so no clustering tomorrow.

I really doubt that if we get the server back up and running tomorrow we will also cluster right away.

To the regular Prydwen players: We feel your pain we really do but you're going to have to be a bit more patient. Try some other server. Make an all Thane group on Camlann and Mjolnir the heck out of all the level 50's... or something!

Thanks for the updates Xalin.

Lets see what tommorow brings :)

Krakatau

Fledgling Freddie
Tilda said:
I think some people need to get a bit of perspective.

Daoc is a game.
This the first time the server has been down overnight, EVER.
In over 3 years of solid daoc, this the first time, its ever been down overnight, ever.

Surley that shows the seriousness of the problem goa are trying to handle.
I really wish you "omfg servers down QQ" whiners would go play camlann.
Or atleast realise, that its a rare even, once in 3 years.

<3 Xalin

Tilda
2 nights and counting...

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Xalin said:
Make an all Thane group on Camlann and Mjolnir the heck out of all the level 50's... or something!

Haha.

Is that Xalin accepting the fact that thanes ARE gimps? :p

Equador

Fledgling Freddie
Trystam said:
A worthy post ( but a bit too long to copy ;) )
(Trystam)

Trystam! Long time no hear friend! Get back online once the server's up, we need paladins like you!

Equador

Fledgling Freddie
Esselinithia said:
Can GOA remove the flash anim from the web page now? It is annoying with the tower collapse sound when you have to refresh the page for possible updated news.

Stop pressing refresh every 5 seconds then :p

Brite said:
thurg groups fucking rock, but they get boreing after a while but playing anything on camlann gets boreing, too many people with ages struggling to break double figures or IQs stuggling to break double figures aswell

true thurg grps do rock :p remember when we went to camlann for a piss about ^^ prolly seen it in aolns video ^^ megadave etc was me(bloodomen)/aoln/cozak/orenthal/ cant remember rest :( think it was dallas/naffets some others ^^ such fun seeing a zerg of pets kill everything in view heh :drink:

Tilda said:

Daoc is a game.
In over 3 years of solid daoc, this the first time, its ever been down overnight, ever.

<3 Xalin

Tilda

true it is just a game :) i myself am playing dungeon siege 2 (great game) while i wait for prydwen to get back up.... i've not read the whole thread mainly because i'm tired as its 3:37am (so forgive spelling mistakes etc i'll look today to see what i got wrong) ;) so i may or may not have missed this... if i havent here goes :) i hope they give us the days back we missed A.K.A heh :/ i aint blaming them or nothing they're probably everything in there power to fix it... BUT! its server side and thus none player fault - Sorry if this has alrdy been brought forward i really cba to read the whole thread as i'm going to jump into my lovely hot bed with my gf and goto sleep ;) nn

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
Didn't even notice untill today that the server was down :p it's been too damn sunny here, couldn't resist staying outside, so I don't mind :D hopefully it's nice and sunny again tomorrow :)

And to the Gamemasters, thumbs up to you. You're getting a load of whines of some people here and you still don't lose your cool. Respectfull :cheers:

and remember, if all else fails... (lowlevel) format and reinstall windows always does the trick for me :p

Ixoth

One of Freddy's beloved
GrisomWarshadow said:
true it is just a game :) i myself am playing dungeon siege 2 (great game) while i wait for prydwen to get back up.... i've not read the whole thread mainly because i'm tired as its 3:37am (so forgive spelling mistakes etc i'll look today to see what i got wrong) ;) so i may or may not have missed this... if i havent here goes :) i hope they give us the days back we missed A.K.A heh :/ i aint blaming them or nothing they're probably everything in there power to fix it... BUT! its server side and thus none player fault - Sorry if this has alrdy been brought forward i really cba to read the whole thread as i'm going to jump into my lovely hot bed with my gf and goto sleep ;) nn

I am playing DS 2 as well - currently in Act 2. And to whiners: less whine, and show more respect to the teams & GMs, who are trying to solve the problem(s) of the Prydwen server.

Ixoth

One of Freddy's beloved
Septina said:
i THINK that Xalins suggestion was meant as a 'play on another server for a bit till we've fixed the problem' for people that cant live without daocing!
Not as a 'sorry, server is never coming back up. Time to change server'

These things happen and i truly believe that the Mythic/GoA staff isnt doing everything in their power to fix the problem.
People whining on the forums and calling it bad service etc etc etc wont make it better. :p

I think most people that play on prydwen want the server to come up asap.
But... and maybe its just me... i'd rather have the server up again WHEN all errors are fixed rather than get it up asap and leave bugs all over the place. :)

IMO its better that they'll keep the server down, and try to fix the problems rather than do the worst of em all options (which isn't even necessary the ultimate fix) the rollback. Depending on the last known good backup date, that would be a real bad option to me and most of all Daoc players. They ofc are aware of that, and they will not do it - but if its an only option to get the problems solved.

If one cannot do but check status on GOA's site, and browse these forums of any status updates all day long - one is really too addicted to the game. One should take a good look to a mirror then.

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
Tilda said:

Daoc is a game.

<3 Xalin

Tilda
Prydwen was down for quite some time when they got hacked, so not the first time :m00:

atos

Fledgling Freddie
Geez thanks, a GM telling people to roll thanes. I feel really humiliated now. =(

How about everyone sends in feedback about thanes instead? ^^

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Wazkyr said:
Prydwen was down for quite some time when they got hacked, so not the first time :m00:

If i remember, servers were down for one night due to the hack incident, it was a long time ago but remember being unable to play one night then getting a new password the next day

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
mmm pretty amusing that sum ppl get so pissed couse their precious server is down for a few days... :p maybe time to go the cinema or teh pub ? (or come xcal xD)

Bag

Fledgling Freddie
Tears said:
If i remember, servers were down for one night due to the hack incident, it was a long time ago but remember being unable to play one night then getting a new password the next day

It took me and a whole lot of others over a week to get a new password that time :m00:

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Playing Knights of the Republic 2, this downtime is actually a good thing. ;)

MagnarTBL

Fledgling Freddie
Xalin said:
Realise that these are MY answers not GOA's official answers
Q. Why is there more info on the forum then on the official website.
A. Because I can post on the forum and not on the website. Posting on the website requires me or someone else to write a newspost, then it needs to get proofread/edited and then it goes up there. Also we simply don't use the site for minute to minute updates we use the website for "big" things. And then try to use FH when possible to keep you updated between newspost.

The simple truth is that no matter how we organize the flow of information to you it will never be quite good enough. If we had minute to minute updates on our official site people would whine they had to read through to much bs to read the important stuff. Etc.

I was actually expecting this answer from you, and I only wanted to point out that in might be in your own interest, as a GameMaster, that you should have your own forum section on the official web site where you uncensored could speak out your mind and ideas about the game - as a gamemaster. This section should be something like this forum, just a community reachout where you could easily post your personal thoughts - without it being an official GOA statement as an company.

But with that feature lacking, I am completely satisfied with reading here on FH - as long as I for one was lucky enought to find out where you put your posts. :)

I have also read all the 13-pages of posts here now, and I must say that I am really appresiating that you once in a while *still* pops in and post updates. - That between all the whine that must feel hard and sad to read in a moment where you all at GOA struggles to do your best...!

Just wanna write my BIG THANKS Xalin, for all the updates you managed to post here on FH during the heat of moment!!!

I also, as everyone else, really wants to get back playing my toons on Prydwen as soon as possible. And nothing else. As all my effort getting 6x lgm crafters + lvl50 toons are directed to this particular server: Prydwen. Playing another server without getting a free /level 50 command and /make_me_rich_and_full_of_lvl10_artis command, - just wouldn't do it.

Sidenote: Please consider making Gorre such a test server for the weekend where we can actually enjoy having powerful toons vs others for the heck out of it! :)

But when that said, I am happy to wait for the fixing to be over/done with and the service are yet once in stable production. I am not expecting any money back for the time the service is down, but... I am not going to play anything else that GOA offers that is currently online (Excal/pvp) either, as my devote in DAOC lays in the life and community of Prydwen.

Bottomline: No hard feelings - big thanks to GOA for extended great work - I hope the whine will lay off, so that we can easily read and find Xalin's next update - if he still finds time and devoting to give us anything more to all us whining about it.

Starambo

Fledgling Freddie
get the server back up imo, your givfin me rl social skillz, its not right.
blatently should get free days for this tbh :twak: for goa

Rellik

Fledgling Freddie
Starambo said:

hurry up befor he makes a friend!! :touch:

Jamie Li

Fledgling Freddie
Starambo said:

get the sever's up or we could lose this 1
:touch:
<nope> he's gone i'm sorry he could not make it <nope>

tallwiz

Fledgling Freddie
gonna be a full weekend without prydwen peeps......

sux ass it only ever happens to pryd imho..

and to the guy that mentioned it was pathetic moaning about loosing server for a couple of days.... stfu.... you ever gone without something for 3+ days that as always been there? like a T.V.... car.... etc that you rely on ? and is physically taken away

didnt think so

close excal imho..... for a week.... bet you get more flames than from pryd players xalin lol

Bahumat

FH is my second home
tallwiz said:
gonna be a full weekend without prydwen peeps......

sux ass it only ever happens to pryd imho..

and to the guy that mentioned it was pathetic moaning about loosing server for a couple of days.... stfu.... you ever gone without something for 3+ days that as always been there? like a T.V.... car.... etc that you rely on ? and is physically taken away

didnt think so

close excal imho..... for a week.... bet you get more flames than from pryd players xalin lol

OMG! he's so right, we're gonna have to go outside....talk to people....get a tan...not speak in teh leet language.

come on be serious...3 days without and your a mess, good job your not a druggie

suelothvar

Fledgling Freddie
first hangover and counting, this going out realy not good for me health, and btw wtf is that big burning day star called!!!!

Takhasis

Can't get enough of FH
lol @ all the caffeine and pizza addicts actually having to get their fat asses out of their chairs and use leg muscles for that long walk outside (well, longer than their usual chair->loo->return trip)

/me just thanks god it aint excal ;)

PS, all vote Bob for the new server name btw :)

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
Takhasis said:
lol @ all the caffeine and pizza addicts actually having to get their fat asses out of their chairs and use leg muscles for that long walk outside (well, longer than their usual chair->loo->return trip)

/QUOTE]

pft if they really comitted then thye would just have a comode and intravenus feed plugged in :)

and your right thank god it didnt happen to excal ;)

Takhasis

Can't get enough of FH
Awarkle said:
pft if they really comitted then thye would just have a comode and intravenus feed plugged in :)

:eek2: omg that picture just ran thru my head, stomped on my brain, then kicked it out my ear.... i feel ill....

Corran

Part of the furniture
Belomar said:
Playing Knights of the Republic 2, this downtime is actually a good thing. ;)

Playing that as well :D Just i know the game so well from previous few times played it..

Mind you i playing female character this time which making it more interesting as some people react and speak differently too you. Like the start when you first find clothes "You find anything else" "yes a miners uniform" "Damn..... I mean, Good" :D

Elitestoner

Can't get enough of FH
GrisomWarshadow said:
true thurg grps do rock :p remember when we went to camlann for a piss about ^^ prolly seen it in aolns video ^^ megadave etc was me(bloodomen)/aoln/cozak/orenthal/ cant remember rest ( think it was dallas/naffets some others ^^ such fun seeing a zerg of pets kill everything in view heh :drink:

yeah i was in that, good fun :p

also thank fuck i have US accounts else id be bored :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom