POLL: What is the most stupidly overpowered class in daoc

In terms of easy moderness, overpoweredness, bad design which leads for frustating fi

• Bonedancer

Votes: 190 20.1%
  • Spirit Master

Votes: 39 4.1%
  • Warlock

Votes: 345 36.5%
  • Bainshee

Votes: 114 12.1%
  • Enchanter

Votes: 13 1.4%
  • Vampire

Votes: 55 5.8%
  • Sorceror

Votes: 116 12.3%
  • Theurgs

Votes: 16 1.7%
  • Cabbys

Votes: 11 1.2%
  • Necromancers

Votes: 45 4.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizard

One of Freddy's beloved
I would say it depends entirely what class your playing at the time to what class your fighting...
ie. Spiritmasters are easy when i play my Scout, but when i play my Armsman, there very hard to beat!
Imo... i would say Bonedancers are the most over powered then Warlocks a close second.

Ballen

Fledgling Freddie
omg I can't instakill anything, lets whine on all other classes and blame mythic for ruining my game,,,

IBTL - Dammit!!!

Rolv

Fledgling Freddie
Jupiter said:
wow look 2 highest scoring classes belong to mid & next is alb hmmmm mid sooo easymode,

tbh shud b given a few choices cause theurg & sm getting away with murder in dat poll and is not reflective i.e shud b able to vote 1, 2 , 3
guess mostly albs have voted! Anyway i dont play sm or bd, so easymode`? yeah right...

Octo

Fledgling Freddie
Every single bloody lifetap caster needs a nerf imo. Mythic mite have slightly tried that with the brittleguard nerf, but as usual they dont seem to have a clue.. BGs mite have been op on LT casters, but without them non LT casters suddenly get close to 100 lose percentage against assassins in 1v1 (again).

Octo

Fledgling Freddie
Haggus said:
Cabas can't even get above 500dmg with debuff. thats with some mom/wp

Dark DMs however can hit around dmg 600 without a debuff

Please note that caba nuke is on 2,5 sec cast.. and its a lifetap
Dark RM nuke is on 2,8 sec cast and its a nuke. The Darkcarvers (48RC/24dark) have to debuf (2 sec cast) before they nuke with their 179 DD 2,6 cast nuke (still not lifetap).

Also note that RMs dont have pets or disease spell.

rah

Fledgling Freddie
i am no see ranmger ololol fuk lamo noobpostershitololol

Aloca

Fledgling Freddie
Jox said:
The class I wanted to vote for aint there; Ranger-pets.

Take that little gimp Aloca who sits in your left pocket and laughs at people who try to solo but stumbles into your absurd semi-stealth-zerg.

Thats the worst class, by far^^

2v2 and you add, then a hib group adds and kill you. Thats funny.

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
gratz raven on 'most retarded statement of the year'.

1) plenty of classes with ml9 pets not just sorcs.

Oh look it's horner

/target bliizard
/rude x20

Such mad 'skillz' you have there, and no there is no irony about you claiming somone else is retarded, none what so ever....

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
Hm vamps only got 5% of the vote so far, I'm surprised it's so low tbh.

illu

Part of the furniture
Mirt said:
Hm vamps only got 5% of the vote so far, I'm surprised it's so low tbh.

That's because vamps are "cool" :> Well, they are killable if you get the jump on them and they haven't been powering themselves up on some mob. You do need an end pot, some luck, some heat weaps and a purge to win though :>

I think what they need to do is tone-down the LT ability of casters. I don't mind them winning if they blow all their tools, but I want them to stagger out of the fight at 25% or something instead of 100% - like you never even touched them. I very very rarely run through moccing LT casters, is this the only way to beat them?

Oli - Illu

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
i always run through casters, it makes them cry, which is fun

Melachi

Fledgling Freddie
Zoia said:
11. Melee rangers who lives under the misconception that they can't kill visual soloers, and therefore attack visual soloers with one or more friends.

:worthy: lol

orbin

Fledgling Freddie
All you warlock haters, 1.82 is soon here and Warlocks will suffer a severe nerf. I hate them myself, midgard as a whole wanted a petspam class or smth that helped us in PvE. We got the Warlock that brought nothing for mid as a realm, just grief to Hibs and Albs.

Delete or remake the class from the bottom, please!

/Gashemi

Iceforge

Can't get enough of FH
Moaning Myrtle said:
If you want Necros to have less absorb, and thus easier to kill in melee, then I want the class to have glaring ommissions and bugs fixed first. I would accept an absorb reduction if:

And then you made of 10 points, lets have a logic view on it! :)

Moaning Myrtle said:
1. Casting time for all Abom/Shade cast spells was made faster by 40-50% so that it was closer to (although not quite matching) normal casters.

Needed to be shortened, 40-50% might be too much through, would demand a bit of testing etc. to see what would be good, a 10-20% boost wouldn't hurt through, as in range aspects, the necro halts

Moaning Myrtle said:
2. Give us full use of all pots in Shade, and additionally have any reactives/procs on Shades armour transfer to the Abom.

All pots should be made just as functioning for a Necro as any other class, the Reactives might be made working, would demand a bit of overview, as some abilities might just be too OP combined with the pet.

Moaning Myrtle said:
3. Give us a Lvl 50 (equal con) Abom.

No way, but make items decrease like it was equal con would be a fair deal and spell resists adjusted for it, but no way it should get 6 more levels

Moaning Myrtle said:
4. Give us a quality offensive RR5.

Would need ideas for a ability, can't comment

Moaning Myrtle said:
5. Give us access to Purge, a correctly working MoC and TWF.

Purge should be there, yes, MoC should be fixed, TWF no way, Albion should not have 2 classes with this ability.

Moaning Myrtle said:
6. Give full use of all caster artifacts.

Yes, all abilities and advantages should be made into working for necro and necro pet (like Arcane Syphons powerless castings should have chance to work when pet casts)

Moaning Myrtle said:
7. Fix the tether, so that it is absolutely impossible to break and leave us stood there defenceless.

Don't understand this one, sorry, must be something I don't know about :)

Moaning Myrtle said:
8. Fix pathing on bridges and in keeps.

Yeah, pathing should generally be a very important issue when creating terrain, all pet casters would like that, necro suffer specially from bad terrain designs and it should be fixed.

Moaning Myrtle said:
9. Fix boats so we can fully buff pet and not lose it en route to our destination.

Mythic have stated they want to fix it, but it is a major issue, so not likely to be done, but it should never have been an issue, pets should just have been able to tag along!

Moaning Myrtle said:
10. Give Necros speed (same as Sorcs/Theurgs).

Keep dreaming!

Moaning Myrtle said:
If Mythic fix the majority of that then I'd be happier to lose some absorb. Otherwise no, we've enough issues as it is thanks.

Stop being unreasonable, some of your requests was not balanced, just a wish list (thinking about WTF and Speed)

Finculin

Fledgling Freddie
Well with the precise to almost poinlessly rounding in question:

censi said:
In terms of easy moderness, overpoweredness, bad design which leads for frustating fights for opponents (aka do not attack class).... This is for small scale RVR. (not FG rvr or Irvr/zerg)

1 Bonedancer
2 Spirit Master
3 Warlock
4 Bainshee
5 Enchanter
6 Vampire
7 Sorceror
8 Theurgs
9 Cabbys
10 Necromancers

Well since youve gone to horrible work stearing the question to one answere basuically all have to answere the same i guess: Warlocks.

But since its rather a pointless and maybe somewhat stupid question then wouldnt it be nice to know which class is considered OP all over. Not with the rediculous insnaring question form you used before but actually what people might think...

/charmangle

ps: From own experience Id say that its 100000 times more annoying dying towards a duo banshee/animist/bard with a 150+ serg at a keep rather than dying 10 times from a warlock roaming back and forth.

/charmangle

Drusus

Fledgling Freddie
Stun, nuke nuke nuke....
Even WL's dont bother me as much as that, unable to do anything while they can get in 6-7 casts :puke:

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Pointless poll, depends entirely on situation, enemy numbers, ally numbers, etc etc.

censi

Can't get enough of FH
assume enemy numbers are you versus this class.

seems like a less pointless post than most tbh. if you aint interested you dont have to comment rather than just post you think its pointless when like 200 other forum members felt the need to perhaps vote.

pip

Banned
censi said:
assume enemy numbers are you versus this class.

seems like a less pointless post than most tbh. if you aint interested you dont have to comment rather than just post you think its pointless when like 200 other forum members felt the need to perhaps vote.
orly ? did you ask em? strange from most peeps reaction in this thread bd is op? ok I quess it was made for casting classes:) what about reavers pally armsman champ? all these classes can hand my ass over to me on warlock:(

tierk

Part of the furniture
1. WL
2. BD
3. Sorc

Not sure about the Hib ones tbh as i play hib myself but having the benefit of stealth i seen a lot of fights and seems to me that Eld's are pretty OP, more so then Bain's or Chanters /Menta's. Having never played the class though and never having had to fight one i could be wrong.

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
tierk said:
1. WL
2. BD
3. Sorc

Not sure about the Hib ones tbh as i play hib myself but having the benefit of stealth i seen a lot of fights and seems to me that Eld's are pretty OP, more so then Bain's or Chanters /Menta's. Having never played the class though and never having had to fight one i could be wrong.

would ahve to agree there:)
Still strange people consider bain worse then eld/chanter.....i just stopped playing my bain and gonna start playing my eld instead. Much better:)
But i think people are too lazy to think these days...and goes on what have been whined about most last year:p
Baseline stun seem to be a thing of the past hehe. And eld seemed to be shadowed by baseline stund and bain whine all together:p

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
When I was around it was a Bonedancer.... I don't really know what a Warlock is.

censi

Can't get enough of FH
BD's although unkillable 1v1 had a weakness. Some BD's reported if they encountered zergs (or multiple opponents to a lesser extent) the class was actually killable. Rather than a hotpatch fix for the BD they thought they would solve the problem by creating a new class able to kill its target regardless of the situation. everyone was happy and the game was much the better with the addition of this new class.

seriously though it is a case of like mythic really putting things which have probably just driven away players out of utter lolesque frustration.

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
I remember the only way I could kill a Bonedancer was to drag all his pets into the blue con mob camp on the road MTK-MMG Emain, and then take on the BD himself. A risky tactic, but when it worked you had some god damn powerful bragging rights. You could tell them right off.

Qledo

Loyal Freddie
Jox said:
The class I wanted to vote for aint there; Ranger-pets.

Take that little gimp Aloca who sits in your left pocket and laughs at people who try to solo but stumbles into your absurd semi-stealth-zerg.

Thats the worst class, by far^^

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Qledo

Loyal Freddie
But tbfh

Nr:13 The Shadowblade is by far the most overpowerd Class ingame,

It can Oneshoot paladins! and all other classes 2

You just need to play it right xD

Genedril

Part of the furniture
Drusus said:
Stun, nuke nuke nuke....
Even WL's dont bother me as much as that, unable to do anything while they can get in 6-7 casts :puke:

Cause you don't have to wait for them to make 6-7 casts, you can just release? Or are we talking about your pally, which may survive a warlock I suppose. Obviously you're not talking about your mincer which has access to a 9 sec stun as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom