POLL: What is the most stupidly overpowered class in daoc

In terms of easy moderness, overpoweredness, bad design which leads for frustating fi

• Bonedancer

Votes: 190 20.1%
  • Spirit Master

Votes: 39 4.1%
  • Warlock

Votes: 345 36.5%
  • Bainshee

Votes: 114 12.1%
  • Enchanter

Votes: 13 1.4%
  • Vampire

Votes: 55 5.8%
  • Sorceror

Votes: 116 12.3%
  • Theurgs

Votes: 16 1.7%
  • Cabbys

Votes: 11 1.2%
  • Necromancers

Votes: 45 4.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

censi

Can't get enough of FH
The class I wanted to vote for aint there; Ranger-pets.

If you hadnt of added (on a straight 2v2) you wouldnt have got pwned. when your hangover wears off you might even accept that statement.

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
I would say warlocks even tho I find BD/Bainshee to be the better class..

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Warlocks and necros break the game mechanics, BDs and sorcs are old-fashioned OP.

Must have been funny playing a BD back in the day when they could chew thru a PuG cos no one knew wtf to do with em (ie all the stupid BD theories you'd read, like 1 person should attack each pet, etc). Same with high rr pre-SoI nerf sorc, kill small grps easy. Fun for the BD/sorc anyhow.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Andrilyn said:
Funny how Necro got so many voted, theres like 3 active necro's in RvR if the class was OP like some other classes *cough* then you would see way more FotM's rolling them.
Stealther complaining about Necro's is class I mean you have stealth you don't need to attack it you can just avoid it.

Just because stealthers dont need to attack them doesnt mean the class is balanced, not overpowered etc.

You know, just think about it shortly: Why does the class have to be shear melee-immune? It's not balanced, and I dont give a flying fuck about PvE and focuspulling. Purely RvR-based, the necromancer-class is not balanced. It should receive some stuff like Purge, but melee-immunity needs to go.

Perhaps remove 50% of the absorb when a necromancer goes into a frontier-zone so this precious jewel of balance can solo Jacina's Sash when he wants while still being even slightly balanced and killable in RvR.

danmrman

Fledgling Freddie
Warlocks def are the gay class, the only way u can live against them is being in a duo with a cleric that has DI2 and both instas up. is good that all the lame players play them so they can be killed.

BD's i find are a good class and always find them a challenge to fight, with mez tho its easy to mez pets and drag caster away :)

Banshies: i hate this class uver dmg really fast.

had to vote warloks. hoping after the patch they will be nerfed so they are easier to kill without haivng a cleric. altho the hib base stunn is kinda lame :(

Castus

Can't get enough of FH
I voted bainshee but i`d prob vote WL if i had`nt spent most my time as a Mid.Any class that can do that dmg and make rps that fast has to be bad in general for the game tbh.What interests me tho is what 'inspired' the poll Censi? You and your 6 man grp get wiped out while adding on some soloer by a WL again?:p

Corran

Part of the furniture
auroria said:
how many of them can make them selves melee immune for xx seconds, and still lifetap/mezz etc?

Dont know of a single class that can actually do that... necro can lifetap, have good melee abs but cant mezz.

Warrior can make self near immune to anything for some time, but it breaks when attacks.

Sorc can get good melee defence but then can only use QC during that time (so one spell) and that is it...

hmmm... no point going on

Moaning Myrtle

Fledgling Freddie
Zoia said:
11. Melee rangers who lives under the misconception that they can't kill visual soloers, and therefore attack visual soloers with one or more friends.

Repped! :clap:

Moaning Myrtle

Fledgling Freddie
Puppet said:
Just because stealthers dont need to attack them doesnt mean the class is balanced, not overpowered etc.

Perhaps remove 50% of the absorb when a necromancer goes into a frontier-zone so this precious jewel of balance can solo Jacina's Sash when he wants while still being even slightly balanced and killable in RvR.

This is the main issue I have with people complaining about Necros. Keep the focus on RVR please, you cannot start bringing in PVE because the argument is fundementally flawed. For a start PVE and RVR Necros are a completely different spec!

If you want Necros to have less absorb, and thus easier to kill in melee, then I want the class to have glaring ommissions and bugs fixed first. I would accept an absorb reduction if:

1. Casting time for all Abom/Shade cast spells was made faster by 40-50% so that it was closer to (although not quite matching) normal casters.

2. Give us full use of all pots in Shade, and additionally have any reactives/procs on Shades armour transfer to the Abom.

3. Give us a Lvl 50 (equal con) Abom.

4. Give us a quality offensive RR5.

5. Give us access to Purge, a correctly working MoC and TWF.

6. Give full use of all caster artifacts.

7. Fix the tether, so that it is absolutely impossible to break and leave us stood there defenceless.

8. Fix pathing on bridges and in keeps.

9. Fix boats so we can fully buff pet and not lose it en route to our destination.

10. Give Necros speed (same as Sorcs/Theurgs).

If Mythic fix the majority of that then I'd be happier to lose some absorb. Otherwise no, we've enough issues as it is thanks.

rvn

One of Freddy's beloved
totally depends on what class you have what you think is hardest..

meleers -> bd/necro/generally any caster if its a 1on1, as they can kite and strafe you pretty bad, and most of them got some kind of RR5 that neglects melee dmg (theurg stun that works thru charge, eldritch speed, sorc rr9, sm - pet... and many other things.)

second is this a "fair" 1v1, where everyone has everything up, etc or is it just roaming-trash rvr?, cause if its that casters are yet again stronger, as they can surprise most of the enemys that have low awareness :p

necro/sm are really tough for meleers to kill, sorc/theurg/enchanter/bainshee/caba & a few others can also be very tough and close to impossible to kill as melee if they hve the RA's for it (high PD, maybe moc).

and any caster with nearsight will win vs any of the others casters who dont have it. (eld/rm/caba/warlock (lol yeah right like most of them use theirs)

and bd's are also pretty tough for meleers to kill, but totally depends on his RA's and what melee class hes up again, a nightshade with disease, attacking a BD with low abs, should be able to win if he lands pa

and i would have to agree that one of the most annoying classes in this game is the archer classes, who can in safety of huge range stand and leech on most things, but just slightly annoying so :D

brad

Fledgling Freddie
1) necro
2) theurg
3) sorc
4) vamp
5) cabba
6) enchanter

For me when solo those are the classes i dred the most.

Necro no chance what so ever, unless a noob playing

Theurg just spams million wind pets and get chain stunned when being nuked

Sorc basicly ml9 pet, nuke nuke nuke, use SoI, and wait for ml9 pet to beat me down, or the moc 3/purge ones that can cast 3 times faster tha i can hit them.

vamp for me is the dreaded fumble thingy that can be re applied.

cabba ml9 pet and kite while pet chains stuns.

and enchanters for moc pbaoe, with high PD so i die before i can dent them.

raid

Can't get enough of FH
censi said:
bad design which leads for frustating fights for opponents (aka do not attack class)

overall warlock no doubt since they are very annoying for any kind of play (1v1,fg,zerg)... no matter what realm you play.

Minstrel

Can't get enough of FH
Corran said:
Dont know of a single class that can actually do that... necro can lifetap, have good melee abs but cant mezz.

Warrior can make self near immune to anything for some time, but it breaks when attacks.

Sorc can get good melee defence but then can only use QC during that time (so one spell) and that is it...

hmmm... no point going on

No class beside sorc can fire ml9 + soi at same time. Please tell me wtf u need moc or qc when u do that? in 1 vs 1 situation stealther vs sorc for example.

Sarumann

Can't get enough of FH
Haggus said:
And BD with pd4+ is impossible to kill 1v1, not 1 class can kill a BD without moc
Ofc there is if he is willing to die on 1st bolt :)
But that happens alot

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved
Raven said:
sorc, ml9 pet, run off, RPs.

warlocks are easy to kill as all warlocks are played by useless players (thank god)
Well raven, chanters and sm´s can do that to :D And their pets are usually buffed since you summon them next to the bb.

After next patch, id say BD´s are back on the Nr1 spot. Plus they are sickening in fg v fg.

Fuaip

Can't get enough of FH
Eversmallx said:
Retarded class that needs love - Necro
lies.. necros can pwn any tank and mostly without problems. only problem is casters and thats fair enough.. :p

Corran

Part of the furniture
Minstrel said:
No class beside sorc can fire ml9 + soi at same time. Please tell me wtf u need moc or qc when u do that? in 1 vs 1 situation stealther vs sorc for example.

Didnt say you needed any more then that.. but i was replying to a post that implys that there is a class (sorc) that can be near melee immune (think it only 80% anyways so no good against the stealth zerg) and still cast lifetaps and mezz which isnt true

Ballen

Fledgling Freddie
First I have to say YOU then Kerith. nuff said tbh.

Other then that Vampire is the most op:ed class in the game. Remove selfbuffs and it's another story.

Gamah

Banned
Jox said:
The class I wanted to vote for aint there; Ranger-pets.

Take that little gimp Aloca who sits in your left pocket and laughs at people who try to solo but stumbles into your absurd semi-stealth-zerg.

Thats the worst class, by far^^

Says Jox the adding SB who adds on fg's when theres already a mid zerg on us.

Haggus

Can't get enough of FH
Konah said:
theurg can, cabby/eld prolly can too. as for pd4-5, well... battler is ur friend ;)

Have you tried to kill a BD with any of those classes ?

Vipr

One of Freddy's beloved
From a Hib stealther for me its gotta be in order:

Warlocks
Boneys
Sorcs
necros

All are pretty much a no go option for a stealther, hope the up and coming patches even out the battlefield.

As for the whine: -

Jox stop whining, ure Pain gimps are notorious little zerging /adding mofos. But no match for a showdown against PM as well you know:p time you came back and trained them to a higher standard.

and as for Shrewscock no wonder you defective to alb to hide in disgrace, your a shit talking FH troll who none respect. Best place for you is where nobody knows you or the rep u got.i feel sorry for albion tbh..

Rolv

Fledgling Freddie
No doubt Cabby. (Tank Pov)
Motroconno (spelling!) farming inside a crystal titan with power trap, speed warp, moc3, ML9 pet, 800dmg every 0.01 sec etc <--worste case scenario :p

Fenderon

Can't get enough of FH
from SBs point of view.. anything that can moc and lifetap .. even worse if it has a blue/yellow pet it can ML9 as well.

(damn I'm glad I dont have to face BDs and WLs)

Arumos

Fledgling Freddie
Bonedancer: ok so they got insta lifetap on 4 sec reuse, fair enough then they have 2 healer pets aswell. Ok wtf access to banelord and covoker?, wait a minute they can spec twf as an RA also?!....zzzzz

Warlock: having first hand experience of playing one they are indeed a silly class and the upcoming nerf isn't as big as people are expecting, after nerf people will still insta die to wl, because any wl with a brain will jump out of his rogs and get toaed. The nerf only effects the UI and 1 sec extra reuse on chamber. We still get powerless casts, pom20, unbreakable snare, dot, pbaoe, lifetap, spreadheal, nearsight, duel casts, range buff, bolts, perma moc o and we still have chambers. Yes with all these tools they are indeed a very fun class to play :)

Only thing 1v1 that is nogo on warlock is a vamp i know is Dem specced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom