Politics POLL: Brexit Withdrawal Agreement

Discussion in 'The Front Room' started by Wij, Nov 14, 2018.

If you were an MP would you vote for or against it?

1. FOR

2. AGAINST

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Job

Job TWAT and FH Object of Ridicule

Jesus christ.
    Will these fucking idiots just get behind a no deal brexit while we are still negotiating.
    When this us all over we need a cull of people who are working againat the interests of Britain on the basis of virtue signalling.

May goes over to the EU to get a better deal..meanwhile an army of fucking traitors are in the papers saying.

They wont budge..we are weak..they hold all the cards..we wont back her.
    Can they not keep their fucking mouths shut till its over.

2. Gwadien

Gwadien Uneducated Northern Cretin

I think many MPs don't want to plunge us into a no-deal fiasco because they feel like that'd be betraying the people that voted for them.

To clarify, we voted for Brexit, not for a no-deal Brexit.

It would mean that 100% of what was promised by the Leave camp will not come into fruition, rather than the 99% before the prospect of a no deal.

• Facepalm Facepalm x 1
  3. Ormorof

Ormorof FH is my second home

Her own ministers should indeed keep their mouths shut, the rest of the MPs should be questioning and forcing some reflection on her governments every move

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. caLLous

caLLous I am a FH squatter FH Subscriber

• Like Like x 1
  5. Job

Yawn.
    Armchair virtue signalling.
    She forgot to mention baby incubators.

6. caLLous

She's not even in an armchair ffs.

7. Embattle

Embattle FH is my second home

Oi...guess what :p

8. Scouse

Scouse HERO! FH Subscriber

Add an @Embattle facepalm to yer stats. :)

Don't really get why he doesn't support calls for the UK government to act in a classy and ethical manner, like the Europeans are doing in droves.

I think Brexiters have some (legitimate) gripes about Remoaners. But fuck me, why the fuck can't they bring themselves to give a fuck about EU nationals, when EU countries are gracious enough to be nice to British nationals.

• Facepalm Facepalm x 1
  9. caLLous

10. Job

Labour now 6 points behind in the Polls.

They are after Mays head, when they should be removing his.
    Worst Labour party evah.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Gwadien

How does that have anything to do with Brexit though?

• Facepalm Facepalm x 1
  12. Scouse

I know you're eager to disagree with the twat but...

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Gwadien

No, but I mean it's the Tories in Government right now, May's disaster plan was created after the last election and there hasn't been an election since; I'd wager that Labour would win an election if it was triggered after Tuesday; polls haven't got a good track record.

As I've said previously, this is a terrible job to do, I don't think any Labour opposition could offer a better alternative, only if the alternative was another vote.

14. dysfunction

dysfunction FH is my second home

Yes and the disaster that is currently the Conservative Party isn't being capitalized on by the Labour party...it should be easy pickings.

15. Gwadien

This is what I don't understand, how?

As I said, the only way that I can see Labour taking advantage of this situation is by doing a vote of no confidence then having an election on the premise of remaining in the EU.

But I don't think they'll do that.

I also don't think ANYONE could do a 'good job' with Brexit, it's an impossible task; a part of me thinks that the Tories and Labour are intentionally letting Corbyn take the fall, and they probably both want him to win the election so it stamps out the current form the Labour party is it.

16. dysfunction

dysfunction FH is my second home

They didn't have to do a great deal really just suck a bit less than the Tories but they can't even do that!

Part of me thinks the same as the only way to get rid of Corbyn...

17. Gwadien

Since this is the Brexit thread and you've all agreed with Job, I'm going to assume that we're using Brexit as an area which he is failing at to compete with May.

I'm not sure what you want him to do - point out a clear 12 point plan that he's going to present to the EU and they will definitely approve it?

I mean, really? I don't think he's saying anything about Brexit because it's an impossible task to complete which what the electorate were promised.

I've never seen a opposition leader criticised so much, sure others got shit but not this weekly 'Corbyn is still shit' message, without actually reporting what he HAS been up to.

18. Scouse

He's got a free reign to campaign on what he believes in, but he's not doing it until he gets a general election on a short timescale because he doesn't believe that the public will swallow his changes if they get time to examine what they mean.

So he's doing nothing. Which, I admit, is probably the best thing he can do. But he should really be turning the knife on the Tories much more than he is - and that's the worrying thing - there's so many own goals that he's not even got the charisma to capitalise on.

Leaders need charisma. Unfortunately, he's got none. That's why he's doing poorly, against a grey fundamentalist christian with no sense of humour.

19. Job

Can we just go back to...

I wouldnt use our nukes even if Russia fired first.

Wtf is he doing within a mile of power.

20. Scouse

You still haven't said what doing that would achieve, apart from more dead innocents.

21. Gwadien

This is where I think you're wrong and I think the Media is playing unfairly against him.

He is constantly talking about different issues that he's passionate about, do you REALLY think that the leader of a party would be sitting around doing absolutely fuck all?

Granted, the only thing that's worth talking about right now is Brexit so that's why other issues generally aren't really important, but he's definitely not getting the attention that he probably should be.

Everyone seems to be bothered that he might have said stupid woman, but how many people know the context in which he said it? ;)

22. Ormorof

Ormorof FH is my second home

You seem quite happy with a russian puppet in the US in charge of their nukes...

23. Job

Its not about doing it, its about saying you wont.
    Thats the dangerous bit.
    Announcing in full view that you will not defend yourself is about as idiotic as it gets

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  24. Scouse

It's not defence. Defence is stopping the missiles coming at you. Which I'd argue is much more likely when you stop pretending to be a mass murderer.

Our current stance is insane. It's the idiotic logic of a dumb animal.

25. Job

Neville is that you?

26. Scouse

I wasn't aware that Hitler had a nuclear arsenal. Wow, it's clearly a like-for-like situation.

There are plenty of ways to deter a tyrant from murdering millions of innocent civilians without promising to murder millions more in return, whilst rendering the planet inhabitable.

Cowardice is hiding behind threats to murder innocents.

27. Gwadien

Meanwhile Trump literally just appeased Turkey.

'We'll harm you economically if you attack the Kurds'

'No you won't'

'OK :(, not really bothered anyway, because they're not me.'

28. Scouse

Nuclear weapons changed everything. They're a clear failure though, they've increased, not decreased threats to countries, including the nuclear powers.

A more intelligent global outlook needs to develop.

29. Bodhi

Bodhi FH is my second home

It would probably help if he put forward a vision for what Brexit should look like, rather than the mealy mouthed "jobs first 12 point check blah blah" stuff that he's proposed so far. But then, he might have to admit to the Islington set that he actually wants to Leave the EU, and that wouldn't do now would it?