Politics POLL: Brexit Withdrawal Agreement

If you were an MP would you vote for or against it?

• FOR

• AGAINST

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
that's an apt description of The Guardians coverage of Brexit

True.

Also funny to look back on the "Oh noes" articles he's been posting with good old 20:20 vision.

Like the Economy growth one. Germany says HI!

Also good to see the EU stopped all those athletes swimming in the Seine in the Olympics from being grossed out/vomiting.

Oh.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
@Bodhi - I know you voted Brexit but you do show a, shall we say, less than salubrious attitude to pesticide usage, so if you're happy with 4,000 times the amount of pesticides allowed in your cup of tea, then more power to you.

But the things you denied would happen before Brexit have pretty much all happened.

Bodhi

I did vote to Leave yes, however if you remember me saying I saw very strong arguments for both sides and was 60:40 in favour of Leave - in the end a dislike of bureaucracy tipped me in that direction - however I was never one of the headbangers and whichever way the referendum went I would have accepted the result and got on with my life.

You voted remain and have had a hissy fit for going on 8 years now that the plebs you always claim to support voted the wrong way, and spent that time pontificating that the end was nigh.

However clearly given we left 4 years ago, an almighty amount of water has gone under the bridge since then (war, pestilence, the return of Oasis) the world clearly hasn't ended - in fact we seem to be doing better than a few of the powerhouses of the EU.

You also have to remember that if being in the EU was important - we wouldn't have been allowed to vote on it ;)

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
I did vote to Leave yes, however if you remember me saying I saw very strong arguments for both sides and was 60:40 in favour of Leave - in the end a dislike of bureaucracy tipped me in that direction - however I was never one of the headbangers and whichever way the referendum went I would have accepted the result and got on with my life.

You voted remain and have had a hissy fit for going on 8 years now that the plebs you always claim to support voted the wrong way, and spent that time pontificating that the end was nigh.

However clearly given we left 4 years ago, an almighty amount of water has gone under the bridge since then (war, pestilence, the return of Oasis) the world clearly hasn't ended - in fact we seem to be doing better than a few of the powerhouses of the EU.

You also have to remember that if being in the EU was important - we wouldn't have been allowed to vote on it ;)

20-30% price increase in food, water, gas.
28%~ price increase on imports.
0% increase in the eligibility for people to study in Europe due to free movement.
Far too many other things to think about or type.

EU is BAD! EU IS EVIL! EU MAKES ALL THE RULES! (When actually the UK ratified a significant proportion of EU rules and laws which benefited not only us, but every other state... But nah, EU bad coz... Uhm.... EU)

Your last point is ridiculous. We offered the choice to vote probably as a joke and the vast majority of the UK are too stupid/old to understand the actual impact of it. That vote basically fucked everyone under 50.

I am a remoaner (obviously) and I live with the choices the majority made. Wrong choice but oh well. There has been a direct impact to me and my family. But guess what? Majority rules.

Bodhi

20-30% price increase in food, water, gas.
28%~ price increase on imports.
0% increase in the eligibility for people to study in Europe due to free movement.
Far too many other things to think about or type.

EU is BAD! EU IS EVIL! EU MAKES ALL THE RULES! (When actually the UK ratified a significant proportion of EU rules and laws which benefited not only us, but every other state... But nah, EU bad coz... Uhm.... EU)

Your last point is ridiculous. We offered the choice to vote probably as a joke and the vast majority of the UK are too stupid/old to understand the actual impact of it. That vote basically fucked everyone under 50.

Can't think what's caused a 30% increase in supplies since early 2020 - almost like there was a major pandemic that made money printer go Brrrrrr! then a major conflict that briefly spiked the price of gas....

Strange how when we were over there the Cypriots were complaining about similar things, whilst still in the EU.

Given the vote again I'd vote the same way.

HTH.

Overdriven

Can't think what's caused a 30% increase in supplies since early 2020 - almost like there was a major pandemic that made money printer go Brrrrrr! then a major conflict that briefly spiked the price of gas....

Strange how when we were over there the Cypriots were complaining about similar things, whilst still in the EU.

HTH.

1727085511372.png

1727085518435.png

What's the link between Brexit and Covid again?

I honestly am indifferent between leave/stay as (and realistically, even tho it's an unpopular opinion) I have no problem getting a Visa/Other travel documentation. I also have zero issues with most things as other than the cost of utility (which we can afford..) nothing else diredtly impacts me.

Our food quality is shittier now though.. That annoys us the most.

Bodhi

View attachment 49527

View attachment 49528

What's the link between Brexit and Covid again?

I honestly am indifferent between leave/stay as (and realistically, even tho it's an unpopular opinion) I have no problem getting a Visa/Other travel documentation. I also have zero issues with most things as other than the cost of utility (which we can afford..) nothing else diredtly impacts me.

Our food quality is shittier now though.. That annoys us the most.

It caused the inflation that you're blaming on Brexit.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
However clearly given we left 4 years ago, an almighty amount of water has gone under the bridge since then

That water includes many dead pensioners, if the vote were held now I think it'd be for rejoining. The question isn't if we're doing better than our neighbours, it's if we'd do better overall as a member of the EU.

BTW if we were in the EU, that water would probably have many less turds in it.

Bodhi

Yes the EU did wonders at keeping turds out the Seine for the Olympics.

Overdriven

It caused the inflation that you're blaming on Brexit.

Funny how I've been working in one of the few sectors which had to deal with the non-press filled version of this...

Yes, covid had an effect on inflation (The biggest in terms of consumer markets...) but it was not the cause. Brexit kick started a chain of events and legislative/governance bullshit which started the impact which Covid made worse.

Covid didn't cause a 350% increase in form filling, red tape, and political drama (I mean.. It did.. But not for the same reasons), and more things which have kept me awake at night than you'd guess.

Brexit caused the start of the inflation fuckbubble.
The effect of Covid made it go tragic.

So yes... We should have remained, but we didn't. Oh well.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
To be honest, I can't recall voting (if I did, it was likely remain). I understood the arguments about making our own decisions and being in charge of our own future - and I think they were important - but I also thought leaving the EU would lead to a race to the bottom on environmnent, health and public safety.

Leave voters, such as yourself, all to a man poo-pooed that idea. Refuted it completely. Said that we'd exercise our sovereignty responsibly and we'd enhance, not degrade, life in the UK.

As I feared - the exact opposite has happened. We're less secure, environmental protections have been rolled back en masse, we're lagging behind the EU in huge swathes of really important areas.

Also, as I suspected, the leave voters give no shit about any of these things. And unfortunately, it's people who think like that who'll directly lead the human race to it's eventual extinction...

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Anything but discuss the race-to-the-bottom environmental and health issues eh @Bodhi? They weren't a reality before brexit, but thanks to your vote, they are now :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom