Politics POLL: Brexit Withdrawal Agreement

Discussion in 'The Front Room' started by Wij, Nov 14, 2018.

If you were an MP would you vote for or against it?

1. FOR

2. AGAINST

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Wij

Wij I am a FH squatter FH Subscriber

2. Scouse

Scouse HERO! FH Subscriber

What's your objection to a car phoning for help when a crash may have incapacitated people then?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Gwadien

Gwadien Uneducated Northern Cretin

Because fuck the police (unless they pull you over for no reason and ask you for stuff and you accept even though you legally don't have to)

4. Gwadien

5. DaGaffer

DaGaffer Down With That Sorta Thing

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Job

Job TWAT and FH Object of Ridicule

The EU has passed a law that every car sold within its borders has to have a gps chip that uses the Galileo system..it also has a microphone and a speaker.
    Im sure this would be quite handy if you crashed in a remote area..but to suggest the fucking immense level of potential for abuse is tinhattery is probably not an issue for the ecitizens on this forum.

Its for your safety citizens.
    Just press the red button and continue your journey.

7. Scouse

Cars already have GPSs, microphones and speakers @Job. And that's even if you aren't already carrying around your mobile phone.

And that's in the UK. And do you see an appetite to reverse that?

'Potential' for abuse? Well, I guess they can track and listen to us - but as @DaGaffer says, that's more likely in the UK than the EU. And either way - it's not china.

8. DaGaffer

Tracking you for law enforcement reasons is a (distant) secondary objective; this is all about autonomous driving which is the inevitable future. We won't be driving our own cars within 20 years; probably less, and the UK will be absolutely no different to the EU in this regard; if anything the UK will probably do it first.

9. Job

NP when its one country..put 27 together and ..well NP either, Germany just overides them all.

10. Wij

I’d read the small print. They’ve agreed to transfer current terms if we go with May’s deal during the transition period which is what was expected. There’s also a statement of intent to do so as far as possible in the event of no deal but that isn’t yet fully ratified and the caveats aren’t yet known and would likely be limited in some regards by how much we align with single market rules.

Switzerland is also landlocked so the friction of the trade is not exactly in their control except for items flown in.

• Facepalm Facepalm x 1
  11. dysfunction

dysfunction FH is my second home

I didn't think the UK was allowed to sign any trade deals until after Brexit had happened.

12. DaGaffer

...and they haven't signed this one. It's a letter of intent.

13. Bodhi

Bodhi FH is my second home

Apologies, forgot you miserable bastards were only interested in bad news.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Facepalm Facepalm x 1
  14. Scouse

Real news. Not just good intentions.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. DaGaffer

16. Ormorof

Ormorof FH is my second home

17. Job

18. Wij

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Embattle

Embattle FH is my second home

20. Scouse

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Facepalm Facepalm x 1
  21. Job

The Henry Jackson think tank..on first look you could accuse it of epic bias.
    But if you bother to investigate..it is a very well peer reviewed and respected organisation that is supported by all political sides, has released its latest run down of the world political situation.

Again it has the UK as second strongest country in the world with no discernable effect from brexit.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.sm...7-says-london-think-tank-20190104-p50pit.html

22. Wij

• Funny Funny x 1
  23. Gwadien

Douglas Murray (author) - Wikipedia

k m8.

Also, do you only not listen to the 'experts' when they disagree with you? ;)

24. Scouse

You can't peer-review things that aren't science.

25. Job

You can review the meth..methol.
    Methodology.

Bit difficult to apply actual experimentation to geopolitical stats.

• Facepalm Facepalm x 1
  26. Job

I agree and disagree.
    His views on Islam are pretty well mine..that we shouldnt accomodate a medieval cult and should be proactive in eliminating it by generation.

27. Bodhi

Bodhi FH is my second home

Um, the article kind of shows that the list of "classy" EU countries that have said there will be no issue is:

Italy.

3rd Paragraph:

Meanwhile our government's position doesn't exactly sound like we'll be rounding people up and sticking them on a ferry:

https://inews.co.uk/news/brexit/no-deal-brexit-consequences-eu-citizens-living-uk-what-happens/