Politics POLL: Brexit Withdrawal Agreement

If you were an MP would you vote for or against it?

• FOR

• AGAINST

Results are only viewable after voting.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
48123066_2174711736125411_6826218323575832576_n.jpg

dysfunction

FH is my second home
The UKs negotiating tactic of "our government is a shambles who cant do anything so you have to give us what we demand" does not appear to be working

That's the only tactic in their bag of tricks. Well apart from fighting amongst themsleves.

Embattle

FH is my second home
The UKs negotiating tactic of "our government is a shambles who cant do anything so you have to give us what we demand" does not appear to be working

Lets face it, it isn't unique to the UK it just happens to be the most visible at the moment.

Any way 'Strong and Stable'.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
  • a Customs and Trade Facilitation Chapter with an Irish border protocol: an agreement to deploy advanced customs and trade facilitation measures, including specific solutions for the Irish border.
This is "technical solutions" by another name. What does it actually mean in practical terms?

• regulatory recognition based on deemed equivalence because we will be identical on day one of Brexit: on sanitary and phytosanitary (SPS) and animal health measures and mutual recognition of conformity assessment, with measures to ensure that the animal health and disease control zone on the island of Ireland can be maintained.
This only has value if the equivalence is maintained, which, unless I'm missing something, isn't mentioned. This is literally the point of the backstop in the first place.

• Third, the removal of Geographic Indications provisions (GIs). These are more appropriate for a trade negotiation and are a controversial aspect of trade policy for the UK’s other trading partners.
First of all, what other trading partners? Right this minute the UK doesn't have any except via the EU, so potential trading partners would be the correct expression, and oh yes, they are indeed "controversial" for other trading partners because they protect local IP rights and local product categories. I'm sure the Chinese would love a handy gateway at Newry to import knock-off tat. Alibaba could build a Distribution Centre right on the border.

Its a "better deal" alright, but not for the EU. It will be rejected out of hand.

I just thought it was good to see more people looking for solutions, rather than the usual "Waaaaaaah it's all too difficult". This sounds like it would need further investigation, however I don't share your pessimism that it would be rejected out of hand - or your optimism that the EU in any way has the power to stop the import of knock off tat - have you been anywhere near the Med recently? Cos I have, and got a cracking pair of Roy Bans for €15.

Bodhi

EU Summary

If I thought the EU Parliament could be trusted 100% that would be enough for me to proceed with the WA, then lets get started on the Canada Plus deal we've apparently been offered multiple times.

Embattle

FH is my second home
If I thought the EU Parliament could be trusted 100% that would be enough for me to proceed with the WA, then lets get started on the Canada Plus deal we've apparently been offered multiple times.

Which is partly why I changed my vote on this poll a week ago, I don't trust that either side won't use it for the own purpose whether that be one of the 27 trying to get an extra concession (Eg. France Fishing, Spain Gibraltar, etc.) for a trade deal or our own incompetent fucknuts who will leave us in the worst position of all while they all argue with each other.

Bodhi

Cheaper than an ESTA or the bribe Entrance fee to get into Indonesia :)

Embattle

FH is my second home
The headline becomes even more hilarious once you read past it and realise it is for 3 years.

Bodhi

So the same price as a Fast Track through security and a clear plastic bag if you didn't bring one.

Not that planes will be able to take off of course.

As the sky will have fallen in.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Which included different terms for NI if I remember correctly so wouldn’t fly with the DUP and many other MPs.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Do you mean like the passports most people still take with them for identification?
Additionally?

When I visit Europe I take my passport, leave it where I'm staying, and forget about it until the unpleasant queue that I have to join to get back into Blighty. (Never had to join a long queue anywhere else but in the US. Weird eh?)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Yeah what a chore it'll be :barefoot:
Who cares if it's a chore. It's just another annoying thing that we didn't have to do.

Travel is the least of the worries. I enjoyed freedom of movement. It's enriched my life in many almost uncountable ways.

The fact that I can't just hop over to Germany to work is fucking awful. Especially for kids who've now lost that easy opportunity.

Bodhi

Additionally?

When I visit Europe I take my passport, leave it where I'm staying, and forget about it until the unpleasant queue that I have to join to get back into Blighty. (Never had to join a long queue anywhere else but in the US. Weird eh?)

Wow. You really don't travel to Europe very often do you? :) At every single airport in Europe you need your passport / Photo ID to get into if you're coming from any airport which isn't in Schengen, so from this POV absolutely nothing will change for us. The new passport machines are already linked to us and other non-EU countries, so I see no reason why that shouldn't continue.

And as for never had to wait in any huge queues except in the US I'll assume you've never tried landing in Paris in the morning, along with daytrippers to EuroDisney, people there for meetings and the redeyes from Asia/America - Yank immigration has nothing on the French :) Queues are also common at Schiphol now they've put the automatic machines in, which we already had to use.

Bodhi

Who cares if it's a chore. It's just another annoying thing that we didn't have to do.

Travel is the least of the worries. I enjoyed freedom of movement. It's enriched my life in many almost uncountable ways.

The fact that I can't just hop over to Germany to work is fucking awful. Especially for kids who've now lost that easy opportunity.

If you have skills that the Germans want, I don't think the application process will be too daunting. Certainly compared to, I dunno, learning German? As if you think you can work over there without it, I have a toll road through the Midlands to sell you :)

After spending months learning another language is spending 5 minutes filling out a form online to say you won't randomly explode or try to bugger any sheep whilst you're there really that much of a hardship? If an extra form for Europe could possibly make it easier for me to bugger off to the US, Australia or even Fiji in the future, I'm pretty sure I could cope.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
If you have skills that the Germans want, I don't think the application process will be too daunting. Certainly compared to, I dunno, learning German? As if you think you can work over there without it, I have a toll road through the Midlands to sell you :)
1) There's no justification for extra beauracracy and glibly giving up freedoms we have. It's a fucking disgrace.

2) I've worked in Germany. Worked for a German power company for a decade. Don't speak a word of German. Other than Sheisse. And NEIN! You cannot work here when YOU LIKE any more without PAPERS :eek:

Fucking shitty dicks in our wanky wet country interfering with my life. And my life choices.

I wish gentle death in their sleep on all of them. Tonight, preferably. (Though you won't find me gassing any of them).

Bodhi

1) There's no justification for extra beauracracy and glibly giving up freedoms we have. It's a fucking disgrace.

2) I've worked in Germany. Worked for a German power company for a decade. Don't speak a word of German. Other than Sheisse. And NEIN! You cannot work here when YOU LIKE any more without PAPERS :eek:

Fucking shitty dicks in our wanky wet country interfering with my life. And my life choices.

I wish gentle death in their sleep on all of them. Tonight, preferably. (Though you won't find me gassing any of them).

Wishing death on people because they have given you an extra form to fill in before you go and be one of those ignorant British expats who won't learn the language? Wow.

Loving that kinder, gentler politics.

Try working permananelty in a European country without speaking the language, I suspect you won't be too popular after a while. No matter what paperwork the EU saves the age old language barriers still remain. Compared to learning another language, forms are chicken feed.

Embattle

FH is my second home

Travel is the least of the worries. I enjoyed freedom of movement. It's enriched my life in many ways.

Ironically that little titbit I suspect that has always been the crux of the problem for a majority of leavers and it is something which remainers really can't get their heads around since they tend to cover their self interest in an ideological wrapper, the majority leavers don't see the benefits the 4 freedoms and are rather sick and tired of being sold the ideological benefits while feeling/believing they've gained none of the monetary benefits.

If the EU was so great there is no way in hell leave should of got any where near 52% in the referendum (People's Vote), the core issues can't be overcome with the remaining time left because they took so long to finally be given a voice. There has also been little attempt to look at those core issues and instead we've decided to ignore, belittle, name call, lie, etc. leavers and thus we've come to the point where desperation at ignoring the first referendum should be achieved by a second referendum which of course seems very typical of anything to do with the EU but more importantly it opens up even more referendums that can be ignored and thus the price to democracy to stay in the EU could be astronomical.

1) There's no justification for extra bureaucracy and glibly giving up freedoms we have. It's a fucking disgrace.

:ROFLMAO:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom