Politics POLL: Brexit Withdrawal Agreement

If you were an MP would you vote for or against it?

• FOR

• AGAINST

Results are only viewable after voting.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin

That UN report for a start...

From personal experience at work and my mum - @Talivar will back it up with his line of work - families sharing a single room because they can't afford to move or stuck in some situation or another.

The Tories have been destroying all the services that support people stuck in these situations, plunging people into poverty.

The worst part about it is that it's become pretty acceptable in those circles - unseen, unwanted, ignored.

But I do suppose they have a better life than the person RIGHT at the bottom of the pile globally, so yeah, it's acceptable I guess.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
It was clearly a joke...

But if that kind of thing causes Brexit then we are pretty much screwed.

I think you underestimate the strength of feeling up here in the Shires that the country is set up and run pretty much around London and the South East, with the rest of us a bit of an afterthought. Not saying this is correct or not - personally I'm quite happy not living in that infernal shithole called London - but the feeling is definitely there. It was also a large driver behind the Yellow Vests protest in France (Paris vs the rest of the country).

Bodhi

That UN report for a start...

From personal experience at work and my mum - @Talivar will back it up with his line of work - families sharing a single room because they can't afford to move or stuck in some situation or another.

The Tories have been destroying all the services that support people stuck in these situations, plunging people into poverty.

The worst part about it is that it's become pretty acceptable in those circles - unseen, unwanted, ignored.

But I do suppose they have a better life than the person RIGHT at the bottom of the pile globally, so yeah, it's acceptable I guess.

So nowhere near bottom of the pile then?

dysfunction

FH is my second home
I think you underestimate the strength of feeling up here in the Shires that the country is set up and run pretty much around London and the South East, with the rest of us a bit of an afterthought. Not saying this is correct or not - personally I'm quite happy not living in that infernal shithole called London - but the feeling is definitely there. It was also a large driver behind the Yellow Vests protest in France (Paris vs the rest of the country).

Pretty much everywhere apart from London and Scotland voted leave. So not really a north v south divide.

You could almost read that as an anti Scotland vote if you were so inclined....or were Job and can't do statistics.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Anyone living North of Watford surely.
A huge percentage of these terrible conditions are in migrant areas.
London being the main migrant area, followed by Birmingham.
Of course non EU migrants , especially from Africa, India, Bangladesh dont think its bad...sure its overcrowded and the kids do without.
But at least half of them arent dead by the age of five and they dont have to live in daily fear of being killed in work or visited by the local gangsters for protection money.
Of course that can still happen in ghettos were UK policing breaks down as it has in many parts of London, thats why it needs reigning in.
But you cant because thats racist or something twatter or metoo.

The migrant communities up here in the NW are mostly well off.
The small towns full of migrants are actually really nice because they havent ghettoised and because the surrounding areas are fucking beautiful...everyone chills the fuck out.

Bodhi

A family sharing a room so therefore a few families sharing a house.

Seems bad to me.

It doesn't seem great, but compared to Civil War, Famine, Child Labour, Religious Persecution, Being French :))) or being chucked off a building because you like other men's bottoms .......

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
You don't understand, we need Mogg or Boris as PM so they fuck up Brexit and don't blame Remainers.
They'll already blame what's happened before them. It will never, ever be their own fault. Not that I expect anyone of them (Boris, Mogg etc) to actually win it, the spineless shits will find a way to lose so they can continue their sniping without having to take any responsibility of their own.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Does that mean if Jeremy Corbyn has a vote of no confidence it'll be pretty easy?

I'm sure the rebel Tories are confident that they could win another election. I'd imagine the Moggies actually want the Tories to lose the next election so they can have a couple of years of blaming Labour for fucking everything up post brexit then they can start creating their post-Brexit super state.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
She won the vote (200 for, 117 against) and the Pound slipped. Strong and stable etc etc.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
She won the vote (200 for, 117 against) and the Pound slipped. Strong and stable etc etc.

Yeah - I noted that too... I suspect the margin of victory is a bit worse than the markets expected....

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
She went back to Downing Street smiling like she'd won and everything was ok but nearly 40% of her party don't want her there.

Bodhi

To be fair she did better in her confidence vote than Steptoe did, and he is inexplicably still there (allegedly) .

Job

I'll have to admit that I've no idea how this is going to play out with brexit.

Is she stronger now...was the whole thing a ruse to give her more of a mandate?

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Stronger vs who? Her deal will still get torn to shreds when she eventually lets a vote happen and Europe has universally said it won't improve so no, she's not stronger against anybody.

Job

Stronger vs who? Her deal will still get torn to shreds when she eventually lets a vote happen and Europe has universally said it won't improve so no, she's not stronger against anybody.
She is because shes now PM for 12 months, the EU will have to move, they cant risk a no deal brexit and the ball is now in our court..they have been hoping for a 2nd ref.
But thats dead now.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
She is because shes now PM for 12 months, the EU will have to move, they cant risk a no deal brexit and the ball is now in our court..they have been hoping for a 2nd ref.
But thats dead now.

You really are a Muppet .

Job

Do you honestly believe the EU wont move?
They will..its just brinkmanship, this is Britain..they are not dealing with Estonia here.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Do you honestly believe the EU wont move?
They will..its just brinkmanship, this is Britain..they are not dealing with Estonia here.
Don't dis Estonia. They have a lot more balls over there than the UK.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Plus that was just MPs. It's the members that count in the LP.
In all fairness, if Corbyn had fucked off we might not be in the mess we are now.

Why won’t he fuck off?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom