Politics POLL: Brexit Withdrawal Agreement

If you were an MP would you vote for or against it?

• FOR

• AGAINST

Results are only viewable after voting.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Emb remains convinced that the leopards will never eat the faces of anyone he gives a shit about.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I assumed his facepalm was aimed at the silly tosser whose business relies entirely on trading with the EU who voted Leave.

Embattle

FH is my second home
I assumed his facepalm was aimed at the silly tosser whose business relies entirely on trading with the EU who voted Leave.

It was a mixture, it was also aimed at Wij incessant endless whinging over Brexit and posting to articles that he believes support him at those who don't care.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
It is clear Brexit is done - however if those who made very valid arguments for staying are proven right you need to expect them to voice their opinion on the matter. Currently all the points that were given to leavers even control (I believe that the control over the fish was not a win for the UK by any stretch of the imagination) are not being fulfilled - so I have to ask why those who wanted to leave are not more frustrated? You are not formally governed by ECHR not sure that is a good thing unless you are pro captial and corporal punishment..... if so then that puts you into a whole new category of just yuck.... Even so check out how it was for the Isle of man who sallowed birching under their own laws until 1993... however due to their affiliation to the EU (which is what the UK will have) they have not acted on it since 1973 for fear of increased tariffs and threat of sanctions.

Embattle

FH is my second home
You know I always get the whiff of a higher morale code from supporters of the EU, again recently it has been proven a illusion and as I've said before the EU is no different from anyone/anything else in that they will do what is in their best interest. As I also said earlier we aren't actually locked in to anything really but if we diverge from the EU it comes with penalties in the form of tariffs etc, again I said that will only be done by the government of the day should they feel that there is more benefit to be found elsewhere.

Again where is suits both they'll work together but they aren't going to be forced to, again it'll be the government of the day that'll decide.

Embattle

FH is my second home
But YouGov found that a majority of Britons do want MPs to approve the agreement in the Commons today – by a wide margin of 57 per cent to 9 per cent.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Because the alternative is no deal, ffs. This deal is the least shit option out of a grand total of 2 remaining options, both of which are shit.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Because the alternative is no deal, ffs. This deal is the least shit option out of a grand total of 2 remaining options, both of which are shit.
The disagree is reflexive. The public was offered a kick in the nuts or castration.

Emb: The public LOVES being kicked in the nuts.

Yoni

Not sure why I got a disagree without an explanation for the question - why are remainers not furious with this deal? It is pretty shit from their point of view ..... I can not find a good article of explanation as to why there is not rebellion in the ERG....

When it comes to capital and corporal punishment as someone who hates the ideals of both of course I have a higher morale code that those that want to kill and bully as a form of punishment... it is fucking disgusting and nothing no matter what anyone says will make me change my mind so yes ECHR is a good thing... fuck knows why there are individuals in the UK who would be happier living in the times of Dickens.

Yoni

Priti also likes to mention them.....

Wij

I am a FH squatter

Yoni

In the Channel Islands, the last death sentence was passed in 1984; the last execution in the Channel Islands was in Jersey on 9 October 1959, when Francis Joseph Huchet was hanged for murder.[36] The Human Rights (Amendment) (Jersey) Order 2006[37] amends the Human Rights (Jersey) Law 2000[38] to give effect to the 13th Protocol of the European Convention on Human Rights providing for the total abolition of the death penalty. Both of these laws came into effect on 10 December 2006. Capital punishment was abolished in Guernsey in 2003, and the 13th Protocol was extended to Guernsey in April 2004. Sark (which is part of Guernsey but has its own laws) formally retained it until January 2004, when the Chief Pleas in a 14–9 vote removed it from the statutes.[39][40]

The last execution on the Isle of Man took place in 1872, when John Kewish was hanged for patricide. Capital punishment was not formally abolished by Tynwald (the island's parliament) until 1993.[41] Five persons were sentenced to death (for murder) on the Isle of Man between 1973 and 1992, although all sentences were commuted to life imprisonment. The last person to be sentenced to death in the UK or its dependencies was Anthony Teare, who was convicted at the Manx Court of General Gaol Delivery in Douglas for contract murder in 1992; he was subsequently retried and sentenced to life imprisonment in 1994.[42] In 2004 the 13th Protocol was adopted,[43] with an effective date of 1 November 2006.[44]

Also wiki re crown dependancies.... in NI Capital punishment was not made unlawful until after we had joined the EU...

Embattle

FH is my second home
Not sure why I got a disagree without an explanation for the question - why are remainers not furious with this deal? It is pretty shit from their point of view ..... I can not find a good article of explanation as to why there is not rebellion in the ERG....

When it comes to capital and corporal punishment as someone who hates the ideals of both of course I have a higher morale code that those that want to kill and bully as a form of punishment... it is fucking disgusting and nothing no matter what anyone says will make me change my mind so yes ECHR is a good thing... fuck knows why there are individuals in the UK who would be happier living in the times of Dickens.

Remainers are annoyed with the deal but I take it you mean leavers, I've covered my own view on this as for the ERG- Brexit: European Research Group of Conservative MPs gives support for EU trade deal

You really do go to extremes to try and prove your point in the above post and in the post you've just done. Firstly I don't support the death penalty and beyond the gut react of a few when the latest atrocity catches their eye I don't see general support for it, but then I do support both improved reforms to help prisoners at the same time as harsher sentencing for some offences. In the end the feeling of detachment from those at the top of the judiciary tends to cause these gut reactions in supporting a tougher outcome for those committing an offence, it does follow a similar pattern to why Brexit happened.

As for crown dependencies they are ultimately responsible for there own laws, it isn't something the UK government is responsible for and thus neither is the UK electorate.

My main recent quibble about double standards would be over the recent dropping of the rule of law aspects in the EUs own recovery fund and the additional news today:

Yoni

Not sure you are correct there most of the people I know who voted remain are happy that there is "a" deal rather than no deal even if the deal is a real pile of shite and the deal the UK has today is infinitly better... Thank you for the correction I was about to send a message to Tony to ask him to amend it for me.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Not sure you are correct there most of the people I know who voted remain are happy that there is "a" deal rather than no deal
Not really. I'm pretty sure remoaners got their name for a reason.

Two sides, both unhappy. As was always going to be.

Yoni

Most have accepted it is what it is ... There are some vocal individuals would would have preferred a different outcome, just as their have been vocal individuals wanting to leave Europe since the 70s....

Do not expect those people who voted to stay however to sit quietly if their predictions happen... why should they?

Embattle

FH is my second home
The majority just want it over and done with which it will be, no matter what selective inaccurate predictions those who think they were right care to show.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
The majority just want it over and done with which it will be, no matter what selective inaccurate predictions those who think they were right care to show.
Except it isn't really. We have a 6 year period of transition again at which point loads will be up for renegotiation.

Endless brexit. Joy unbounded.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
What are you disagreeing with in that post @Embattle? There are review mechanisms in black and white in the agreement as well as the power that both sides hold if one of them, for example, chooses to exercise their "sovereignty" and deviate from the Level Playing Field.

Brexit is not going to be "over and done with" in a couple of days.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Except it isn't really. We have a 6 year period of transition again at which point loads will be up for renegotiation.

Endless brexit. Joy unbounded.
Worse still, endless Brexit thread...

Embattle

FH is my second home
What are you disagreeing with in that post @Embattle? There are review mechanisms in black and white in the agreement as well as the power that both sides hold if one of them, for example, chooses to exercise their "sovereignty" and deviate from the Level Playing Field.

Brexit is not going to be "over and done with" in a couple of days.

Simply that the majority of it is done even with what Wij and yourself have suggested which I've already read about and they seem perfectly normal and to be expected so still no big deal. I've also covered the LPF aspects in two previous comments, as already suggested the only thing not over is remainers endlessly trying to believe they can score points on every little bump or change that happens which they will undoubtedly highlight each time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom