Politics POLL: Brexit Withdrawal Agreement

If you were an MP would you vote for or against it?

• FOR

• AGAINST

Results are only viewable after voting.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
So May is saying this deal is worse than hers.

Theres something fishy going on or everyones just had enough.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
May's didn't have a border in the Irish sea for a start.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I reckon we lock it in a couple of weeks?
Nah, that would be effort plus it'll just f'kn respawn anyway. Likely with bitching overtones along the lines of "how dare you close a thread when you should be banning job" and such.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Nah, that would be effort plus it'll just f'kn respawn anyway. Likely with bitching overtones along the lines of "how dare you close a thread when you should be banning job" and such.

How dare you be discussing closing a thread when you should be banning job?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Just ban him from using certain phrases like 'ethnics' 'blm' 'msm' and so on.

Job

Well of course it was all theatre.
It amuses me that people dont realise everything is.

We are going to spend the next five years realising all theyve done is scribbled out IN and written OUT in wax crayon.

Embattle

FH is my second home
He is a overwhelming tosser that the majority don't care about any more, especially since he keeps trying to make himself relevant again and get more money, ideally publicly funded no doubt.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Not really since as shocking as it may seem they aren't even in the same sort of ball park for right wing nuttiness, you might of been slightly closer if you said about the Guardian article I linked but then I've posted them before so still not the glass house situation you are trying to infer.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
So a guy who lives in France a lot of the time, who voted remain, wants to remain in France.

Why would have thunk it.

Awkward for Boris in the rapid tabloid sense of the word but nothing really to see here, unless you're into sins of the father and all that. His sister was in that side show 'change' party too.

Wij

I am a FH squatter

Job

When cheaper cucumbers is far more important.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

Could Brexit mean a massive uptic in education spending?

One of our problems is how poorly educated our general populace is - we started down the US model of giving give confidence in our kids limited abilities rather than having fantastically able but underconfident kids before GCSE's came along.

We're going to need to reverse that trend.

Wij

I am a FH squatter

One of our problems is how poorly educated our general populace is - we started down the US model of giving give confidence in our kids limited abilities rather than having fantastically able but underconfident kids before GCSE's came along.

I don't get the link.

Job

Is there any point in trying to beat Asians?
They are fanatically driven and who the fuck wants our kids growing up like that, change course.
Do what we have always done..innovate, be the place that does cheesy bluesky instead of just making what we have cheaper and faster.
We have one of the worlds greatest brands...use it.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I don't get the link.
Was just thinking. Nothing very specific but Faisal does say this:
There are a number of structural economic problems, from poor training, declining productivity and low investment that were not caused by EU membership which, in terms of non-tariff barriers, are made immediately worse by this type of Brexit, for which the UK has no option but to deal with
Poor training addressable by government means poor education. Companies train employees to do what they need to do but unless the workforce is already well educated then it's a fucking nightmare - like herding cats.

If we're pitching for high-skill industries we need not only an educational uptick but a cultural shift where intellect is valued - England is incredibly culturally anti-intellectual (Job is, unfortunately, far from a rareity).

We're going to have to compete against countries that have that cultural advantage. And alongside that we're going to have to reverse the decline in the quality of our education - which is something we traditionally held a lead in.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Was just thinking. Nothing very specific but Faisal does say this:

Poor training addressable by government means poor education. Companies train employees to do what they need to do but unless the workforce is already well educated then it's a fucking nightmare - like herding cats.

If we're pitching for high-skill industries we need not only an educational uptick but a cultural shift where intellect is valued - England is incredibly culturally anti-intellectual (Job is, unfortunately, far from a rareity).

We're going to have to compete against countries that have that cultural advantage. And alongside that we're going to have to reverse the decline in the quality of our education - which is something we traditionally held a lead in.
I don’t see the Johnson government doing anything radical to improve education. They haven’t got the talent to pull it off and rely on populist resentment of education for votes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom