Politics POLL: Brexit Withdrawal Agreement

If you were an MP would you vote for or against it?

• FOR

• AGAINST

Results are only viewable after voting.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
I think its reasonable to completely ignore every economic prediction...well for ever.

The first thing that happened is we returned to 5th largest world economy....allegedly.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Well strangely Farage thinks its splendid...so either hes been paid off or sees an opportunity to slide back into politics.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
We will be getting more rich Asians, Russians and Arabs with whatever Turing turns out to be, is all.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Yup. I can't wait to see the reaction from the likes of Job when we suddenly replace lots of European students with non white students, especially Chinese.

You know. The Chinese that are infamous for being the worst to assimilate for hundreds of years.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Some dickhead on my facebook feed claims that Johnson has 'Bounced back'

Embattle

FH is my second home
Boris does have a habit of stepping in shit and managing to survive, although that is helped in no small part by Labour more often than not having a new internal squabble every time Boris drops a clanger.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Yes, dropping a clanger, that's what we will call it.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Yes, dropping a clanger, that's what we will call it.
Boris dropping a clanger fucks up the country. Stranger dropping a clanger slightly reduces their chances of being elected in 4 years time. Not quite the same level of importance.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Does anyone know if this was just a Blue Peter moment where they wheeled out Theresa May's agreement? Or an actual new treaty?

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Does anyone know if this was just a Blue Peter moment where they wheeled out Theresa May's agreement? Or an actual new treaty?
It took the back-stop that the Brexit ultras hated so much and made it the front-stop :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Oh dearz:
Not really that big of deal is it though @Wij.

EU court jurisdiction over EU-sponsored programmes that the UK wants to continue to participate in. So what?

Talk of precedents being set for the involvement of future programmes is a load of crap. If we don't want to be involved we don't have to be. And if we want to run programmes that the EU want to be involved in then it could be the other way round.

It has no bearing on any other things we do, so I think this is just a bitter storm in a teacup argument.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
And if we want to run programmes that the EU want to be involved in then it could be the other way round.

Aaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha....breathe....ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! Oh wait, you're serious?

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Not really that big of deal is it though @Wij.

EU court jurisdiction over EU-sponsored programmes that the UK wants to continue to participate in. So what?

Talk of precedents being set for the involvement of future programmes is a load of crap. If we don't want to be involved we don't have to be. And if we want to run programmes that the EU want to be involved in then it could be the other way round.

It has no bearing on any other things we do, so I think this is just a bitter storm in a teacup argument.
It's outraging The Express. That's all I cared about. No big deal to most folks but gammons gonna gammon.

Embattle

FH is my second home
It's outraging The Express. That's all I cared about. No big deal to most folks but gammons gonna gammon.

I found you posting a express link hilarious.

Honestly it'll take time to find out if ever.

The way I see the government, now or future, is they've ultimately bought more time.

It'll be simple economics that'll decide what the government of the time will do, do we make more by sticking to said EU rule on something or do we make more by taking a tariff hit at the same time as changing the rule. Add to this if the government/business keeps trying to pivot away from the EU to the faster developing economies then the amount we sell to the EU drops and thus do does any punishment.

One assured fact is the whine factor isn't going to decrease any time soon it seems.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Aaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha....breathe....ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! Oh wait, you're serious?
Maybe, at some point in some distant future, we'll give a shit about science and try to do something ourselves.#

Yeah, I don't hold out much hope.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Maybe, at some point in some distant future, we'll give a shit about science and try to do something ourselves.#

Yeah, I don't hold out much hope.
I think the point is more that the EU wouldn't trust us to run a bath never mind a complex programme of cooperation.

Embattle

FH is my second home
I'm not sure it matters since the EU won't of decided which bath shape, in what colour and what type of water to put in it for it to matter for the current government to have to worry about it.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I think the point is more that the EU wouldn't trust us to run a bath never mind a complex programme of cooperation.
Oh don't be silly.

If our government ever funded a blue sky science or research programme that other people wanted in on, then that'd be an event in and of itself. I don't think governance is an issue - we'd have experts in the respective fields governing - just like we are part of multi-disciplinary groups doing stuff now.

The reason the EU gets to govern those programmes is because the EU as a coordinating entity and EU partners are writing the cheques - so they want an EU body as arbiter. If we were majority shareholder (51%+) of any programme then we'd likely be the dispute arbiter - in the same way that if we're only contributing 15% of the cash to an EU programme it's the EU that's the arbiter.

It's just normal.

The only thing is that we're not majority funding anything. We're partners in many global programmes but not many countries have the capability or capacity to take so much financial risk.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Oh don't be silly.

If our government ever funded a blue sky science or research programme that other people wanted in on, then that'd be an event in and of itself. I don't think governance is an issue - we'd have experts in the respective fields governing - just like we are part of multi-disciplinary groups doing stuff now.

The reason the EU gets to govern those programmes is because the EU as a coordinating entity and EU partners are writing the cheques - so they want an EU body as arbiter. If we were majority shareholder (51%+) of any programme then we'd likely be the dispute arbiter - in the same way that if we're only contributing 15% of the cash to an EU programme it's the EU that's the arbiter.

It's just normal.

The only thing is that we're not majority funding anything. We're partners in many global programmes but not many countries have the capability or capacity to take so much financial risk.
If you think that signing up to stuff and then trying to change the rules afterwards has no effect on other nations willingness to sign up to new things with us then you suffer from the same delusion as the Eton toastracks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom