Politics POLL: Brexit Withdrawal Agreement

If you were an MP would you vote for or against it?

• FOR

• AGAINST

Results are only viewable after voting.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Ha....
Seriously three years of hurt to our economy by anti democratic idiots.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
If it wasn’t for my belief in Karma, I would be whole heartedly looking forward to your tales of struggling due to economic changes in the UK under this Tory government - after all you are not far off fully retiring or as you are at that certain age at risk of requiring the use of the NHS..... No worries eh the UK will have awesome deals with the US to look forward to

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
If it wasn’t for my belief in Karma, I would be whole heartedly looking forward to your tales of struggling due to economic changes in the UK under this Tory government - after all you are not far off fully retiring or as you are at that certain age at risk of requiring the use of the NHS..... No worries eh the UK will have awesome deals with the US to look forward to

He'll be posting go fund me stuff soon to pay for his medical bills.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Should focus minds in Brussels.

Focus on what? The deal is the same as the one proposed 3 years ago, which Boris rejected at the time.

I hope it focuses the UKs MPs to stop fucking about and get on with it

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Focus on what? The deal is the same as the one proposed 3 years ago, which Boris rejected at the time.

It's purely theatre for the home crowd. It will actually strengthen the EU position. They can simply say here's a deal in our favour. Take it or leave it, there isn't time to negotiate. The UK stands to lose trade deals with 100 countries. The EU with one.

Public schoolboys trying to impress each other.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Also, making a law for something like this is so ridiculous. Whatever a majority of PMs can make illegal they can make legal again just as easily. Just say what you intend to do rather pretend you've bound yourself to the mast when you haven't.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Also, making a law for something like this is so ridiculous. Whatever a majority of PMs can make illegal they can make legal again just as easily. Just say what you intend to do rather pretend you've bound yourself to the mast when you haven't.
I mean, if they want to make it really binding they could make it law and then all Tory MPs cut out their tongues and cut off their arms. That would signal actual commitment.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time

That's the Withdrawal Agreement, what we are discussing now is the future relationship which is still to be negotiated.

And from looking at Twitter, it would appear I was right.

View: https://twitter.com/AFP/status/1206960032035885058?s=19

Even the CBI seem to have changed their tune.

View: https://twitter.com/EuroGuido/status/1206970200534458373?s=19

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
So much for a bit of certainty...

Also, why wouldn't the EU do what they can to meet the deadline? There's only one side that wants a no deal and it's not them.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Subscribe to read | Financial Times

EU says it holds all the cards. UK has far more to lose. No cake and eat it. Increased market access depends on following its rules. Don’t follow and you get less access and tariffs.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
We know that. Nothing new.

Singapore on Thames here we come...

Wij

I am a FH squatter
We know that. Nothing new.

Singapore on Thames here we come...
The only deal that could be done in the time is one where we follow EU rules. If we attempt to diverge then every point of divergence will be analysed for its effect by every country which feels it affects them and they'll they'll have to negotiate between them about the best way to get their pound of flesh back.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
The only deal that could be done in the time is one where we follow EU rules. If we attempt to diverge then every point of divergence will be analysed for its effect by every country which feels it affects them and they'll they'll have to negotiate between them about the best way to get their pound of flesh back.
Honestly. Who cares now?

What's happening is that we'll Brexit, get some sort of a less good deal than we've currently got. But it's nailed on - he's got his majority.

When I say "who cares" - I mean, the discussion needs to move on from a moan about the fact that it's shit (it will be) - to what type of shit we're getting. And since we're not going to be party to any of the discussions until parliament is presented with Johnson's fait accompli then continued Brexit noise is just that really - noise.

In other news - I've bought Boneworks. Not played it yet. But games, eh? :)

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Honestly. Who cares now?

What's happening is that we'll Brexit, get some sort of a less good deal than we've currently got. But it's nailed on - he's got his majority.

When I say "who cares" - I mean, the discussion needs to move on from a moan about the fact that it's shit (it will be) - to what type of shit we're getting. And since we're not going to be party to any of the discussions until parliament is presented with Johnson's fait accompli then continued Brexit noise is just that really - noise.

In other news - I've bought Boneworks. Not played it yet. But games, eh? :)
The type of shit is plainly 'no deal'. With a side order of 'blame the EU'.

VR? Pass sorry.

Gwadien

Who cares?

You opinion and vote has been rendered irrelevant by a clear majority vote.

You'll get over it :fluffle:

Does 'getting over it' imply that we should accept the result and forget about rejoining in the future too?

Because I think that's the expectations of lots of Brexiteers Inc. Job.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Does 'getting over it' imply that we should accept the result and forget about rejoining in the future too?

Because I think that's the expectations of lots of Brexiteers Inc. Job.
That'll not happen. I think we might have a small number of hard remainers who are vociferous about rejoining (though it's a harder mental leap to be that than a hard anti-EU leaver).

But what I really hope happens is that we can move on and stop fucking talking about it.

We're leaving. Probably hard. The tories have a big majority and are going to do what they want regardless.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Rejoining won't be worth it, the terms will be so much less beneficial than they are now.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
We also need to remember this is 90% theatre and there is nothing to be excited about, a very weak opposition is a bad thing and life will go on as normal with all the ups and downs, while the Germans and the French sulk because we ruined their party.

Loads of things need to be addressed..the labour party isnt anti jew and we need to reel in the power this result has given the jewish lobby.

Make sure Boris sticks to at least some of his promises and that we go over the top to extend ties with Europe.
Lets start up Jeux sans frontières again, base it in Britain and make it primetime.

Gwadien

We also need to remember this is 90% theatre and there is nothing to be excited about, a very weak opposition is a bad thing and life will go on as normal with all the ups and downs, while the Germans and the French sulk because we ruined their party.

Loads of things need to be addressed..the labour party isnt anti jew and we need to reel in the power this result has given the jewish lobby.

Make sure Boris sticks to at least some of his promises and that we go over the top to extend ties with Europe.
Lets start up Jeux sans frontières again, base it in Britain and make it primetime.

This is the kind of behaviour that gives me the reason not to keel over and accept the result because of our new proud cynical and evil outlook on the world and ourselves that we have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom