Politics POLL: Brexit Withdrawal Agreement

If you were an MP would you vote for or against it?

• FOR

• AGAINST

Results are only viewable after voting.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Also..Tesla?

I mean thats just a hedgefund bubble company anyway...they havent made anything but an epic loss so far...there are very grave doubts about its long term viability, theyre going to be asking for huge handouts from Germany and Musks statements are to be taken with a pinch of salt anyway.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
You really do not have a fking clue do you? If Musk had (retardedly) decided to build a Tesla plant in the UK you would be telling the forums and your mates down the pub that he is a UK hero.....

Job

No..Id be telling it as it is.

Theres a bazillion questions to ask about Tesla..lithium batteries...the future if the car itself...wether foreign manufacturing investment is good or bad and the effect this is going to have on the German luxury car market.

Its dissapointing that remainers are undermining britains appeal to the world while refusing to honour a once in a lifetime vote.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Hmm old Elon has changed his tune a bit?

Tesla looking for a possible UK location after setting foot in Germany

From 2016, so you have to wonder what's changed?

German officials weigh in on Tesla's Europe Gigafactory following Musk's Berlin reveal

Musk’s announcement attracted plenty of attention from members of Germany’s government, including Economy Prime Minister Peter Altmaier, who spoke about possible subsidies for Tesla as a result of Gigafactory 4. “Subsidies have not yet been discussed. It’s clear that Tesla – if it invests in Germany and creates jobs here, will be treated like all other companies in the automobile and automotive industry,” he said to the media. “That means we will treat all players who invest in Germany equally and without discrimination.”

Ah. So the lovely subsidies on offer from a German government desperate to stave off a recession confirmed he should stick to his original plan of Continental Europe first, then the UK. Which actually makes sense, as he has more car makers on his doorstep there he can sell his batteries to.

He also isn't in the middle of a fairly nasty court case with a German National he randomly called a Pedo cos he told him to wind his neck in on Twitter.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Why not?

You say that the EU will be on their knees begging for the UK, why is he not allowed to say the opposite?

Because its true?

Job

Because we are likely to leave and theres no need to start a ' you'll fail without us', throwing his dummy out of the pram.

Its not for him to stamp his mark on britains future in europe...the EU needs to build bridges after fucking up so completely.

Gwadien

You're right.

We voted to leave.

The Government should ban any remainer voices from being publicly heard.

Because we're a democracy.

Also, this is ALL about the UK and has absolutely FUCK ALL to do with the EU, because they're a bunch of bastards.

Job

How would it sound if Boris Johnson said..The EU is going to be a second rate federal empire without us and this is the end of their dream.

Its a twatty thing to say from someone in power.

I think he meant to say..Im sorry Britain is leaving, we wish them the best and that we continue to have a prosperous and friendly relationship.
Hopefully one day we can intice them back with a new slimmer and democratic EU.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
How would it sound if Boris Johnson said..The EU is going to be a second rate federal empire without us and this is the end of their dream.

isnt this exactly what the brexit message has been for last few years?

Job

Its actually the truth of course.

Brexit has thrown the EU into a nosedive...

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
That's what you take away from that article? Can you even read?

Job

Sorry, I must have missed his extensive critique of the EUs policies and dismissal of dissent.

Gwadien

Sorry, I must have missed his extensive critique of the EUs policies and dismissal of dissent.

Bit like I've missed your extensive critique of having the Tories in power for almost 10 years and how Brexit was a tool for the tories to remain in power and distract the populace.

Opinions m8.

Job

Distract us eh.
I think its done a fine job of introducing the youth into the reality of politics.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
British diplomat to US quits in tirade over Brexit ‘half-truths’

Senior official in US delivers stinging letter accusing own government of not being honest

The British diplomat in charge of explaining Brexit to the US has quit in spectacular fashion, writing a furious resignation letter in which she says she no longer wants to “peddle half truths on behalf of a government I do not trust”.

Alexandra Hall Hall, the Brexit counsellor at the British embassy in Washington, quit earlier this week, accusing the government of not being honest with voters about the implications of leaving the EU.

In the letter, which was first reported by CNN, Ms Hall Hall wrote: “I have been increasingly dismayed by the way in which our political leaders have tried to deliver Brexit, with reluctance to address honestly, even with our own citizens, the challenges and trade-offs which Brexit involves; the use of misleading or disingenuous arguments about the implications of the various options before us; and some behaviour towards our institutions, which, were it happening in another country, we would almost certainly as diplomats have received instructions to register our concern.”

The Foreign Office confirmed that the letter, which was circulated widely among diplomats, was genuine, but would not comment further. Ms Hall Hall did not respond to a request for comment.

In her letter, Ms Hall Hall, who assumed her role last year, said she was not resigning because she was for or against Brexit. “I took this position with a sincere commitment, indeed passion, to do my part, to the very best of my abilities, to help achieve a successful outcome on Brexit,” she said.

But she said her position had become “unbearable personally” and “untenable professionally” because of being asked to deliver dishonest messages as part of her job.

Ms Hall Hall’s resignation comes just a week before the general election, in which the prime minister Boris Johnson’s Conservatives are campaigning on a promise to “get Brexit done”.

And while she does not name Mr Johnson, her mention of not trusting the government taps into what many pollsters say is one of the prime minister’s biggest weaknesses.

Her letter emerged just a day after Andrew Neil, the BBC presenter, delivered a televised address accusing the prime minister of ducking an interview the veteran journalist said would have focused on why people have “deemed him to be untrustworthy”.

Ms Hall Hall’s comments also come at a sensitive time for US-UK relations, with the discussions about a bilateral trade agreement playing a role in the British election, along with Mr Trump’s perceived closeness to Mr Johnson.

The British prime minister met Mr Trump privately in Downing Street this week, with aides saying they were keen to avoid the two leaders appearing in public together during the Nato conference in London.

The UK still has no permanent ambassador in Washington, following the resignation of Kim Darroch, who criticised the Trump administration in diplomatic cables which were then leaked. Sir Kim resigned after Mr Johnson, who was campaigning to become Tory leader at the time, refused to back him during a public debate.

Ms Hall Hall appeared to have been upset by Sir Kim’s resignation, writing on her Facebook wall at the time: “I am proud to have worked for this man. He has behaved impeccably, despite being insulted and betrayed shamefully.

“His career has been one of life-long service to our country, performed with dignity, grace, integrity and impartiality — the core values of the civil service. We in the embassy will miss him enormously.”

Job

Yeah..thanks for that love.

Now fuck off you frikin attention seeking imbecile.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Now fuck off you frikin attention seeking imbecile.
Someone took her resignation letter and it gave it to the press. When asked she has refused interviews.

Explain exactly how that is 'attention seeking'. <Actual question, just in case you didn't get it.

Job

Oh..thats allright then.

Who the fuck leaked that, and are they being hunted down.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Oh..thats allright then.

Who the fuck leaked that, and are they being hunted down.
Yes it is OK.

Who gives a fuck who leaked it - the content is important. She knows what she's fucking on about.

Yoni

Well tbh..with Germany dropping into recession and having to pay more to run the EU, they need it a lot more than us.
Germany will ride out their recession due to their budget surplus - I wonder how the UK will do running with an increasing deficit as it is being reported as “the economy flatlined month on month in October after 2 months of decline” and ”the weakest 3 months since early 2009 (Torygraph & BBC. ONS) - not the news the Torys needed just before an election.

Manufacturing and construction being the issues....

Consumers will not want to spend anymore than necessary in the run up to Xmas and there will be increased concerns about prolonged austerity measures...

Yoni

Come on ... how can you disagree with ONS statistics and historical evidence of how UK consumers and government will probably react?

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
If there was a "I want Brexit so bad (without being able to actually explain why) I'll disagree with all negative things said about it" rating he'd probably use it instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom