Politics POLL: Brexit Withdrawal Agreement

Discussion in 'The Front Room' started by Wij, Nov 14, 2018.

If you were an MP would you vote for or against it?

1. FOR

2. AGAINST

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. dysfunction

dysfunction FH is my second home

so @Job are you going to give something specific or just avoid an answer as usual?
    Come one let's see if you can come up with something comprehensive and not avoid it for the 4th time

2. Job

Job TWAT and FH Object of Ridicule

How about I post a move by remainers that has supported the result of the greatest act of democracy in recent times.

Heres it is.

Ginas first legal challange helped by accident.

Thats it.

• Facepalm Facepalm x 2
  3. Job

I give a toss about who runs this show..the people or those who think they know better.

Who's it to be?

Seriously, time to make up our minds, a political dictatorship or a democracy?

Forget all that boloks about Avacado shortages or Nannys going up in price, do you want the people to decide their future..good or bad, or do you want the 'clever' people to decide?

Its quite a decision..which you seem to have all ready taken.

4. caLLous

caLLous I am a FH squatter FH Subscriber

Try harder. The legal challenge was a response to stop Johnson taking the piss (the fact that the Supreme Court agreed backs that up). It was justified and anyone who says it wasn't is happy to see the country burn.

Give specific examples of remainers "stretching the rules". And while you're at it, tell us why exactly you're so desperate for Brexit to happen.

5. Job

The Supreme court had no juristiction whatsoever.
    They assumed it on the day, officially a kangaroo court by any standards.
    An utter travesty, but also a sign of things to come.

6. caLLous

So your entire argument is that leave won so we must leave, whether it's with no deal or a shit deal?

I shouldn't need to remind you that Farage himself said that, if it was close, there should be another referendum? Or should I point you at the countless stories of Leave voters changing their minds after they've realised what leaving entails? Or this...

[​IMG]

I don't think there will be another referendum, I don't necessarily think there *should* be another referendum, but letting this Government get away with what they're trying to get away with without intervening would be the definition of a dereliction of duty.

I simply don't believe that you're so for democracy that, even if the country burns to the ground, we must leave the EU under any circumstances. What are your real reasons?

7. Job

Because the country isnt going to burn to the ground.
    Its just utterly ridiculous fear mongering, there is no such thing as a 'no deal'
    The 'deals' have all ready been sorted, 99% of problems have been sorted in case we no deal.
    Customs has a 6 month reserve with no change for it to catch up..all the health reciprocations are in place.
    WTO rules are entirely flexible for an economy as big as Europe.

Pensions..expats..its all worked out or at least 90% there.
    Its an ideological seperation, youre barely going to notice it and Im pretty sure even under no deal we will follow 99% of sensible EU rules.

• Facepalm Facepalm x 3
  8. caLLous

That post is a perfect snapshot of your ignorance.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Job

Your post is a perfect snapshot of your belief in propaganda.

• Facepalm Facepalm x 4
  10. caLLous

Another day, another reason why Johnson and co were trying to rush the deal through comes to light... it turns out he lied. Who would've thought?

11. Job

Your ability to ignore the concerted efforts of the remain camp to thwart the process is simply because you are biased.
    If the remainers found a hidden page in the Magna Carta that said if they all turned up dressed as chickens and sang three blind mice , parliament could legally dissolve the referendum and tattoo idiot on every brexiters head, you would be jumping for joy.

Careful what you wish for because one day that strategy will come for you.

• Facepalm Facepalm x 1
  12. dysfunction

Nope failed again.

13. caLLous

When "the process" is a government trying to pull a fast one and either rush a shit deal through or crash out with no deal, then anyone who tries to thwart it deserves a medal imo.

Brexit is a massive change of direction and isn't something to be rushed - Johnson and co don't give a flying fuck about "the national interest" or "the will of the people" (2 catchphrases that have been done to death over the three years since the referendum), they want to get it done to score political points and make them and their toff mates richer. If there isn't a deal which suits everybody then either scrap the whole thing or ask the people definitively what they want, don't just plough on regardless. So much avoidable and irreversible damage will be done.

Also, how do you legally dissolve something that wasn't legally binding in the first place?

14. caLLous

15. Scouse

Scouse HERO! FH Subscriber

Honestly. Getting it done is the right thing. It's not possible to leave the EU on better terms than we have - so *all* deals will be shit on paper.

Remainers need to accept that there's no appetite for a second referendum, that they've been fucked over by the tories (a lot of remainers still voted tory when they had a chance to boot them out) and that they sin't going to like it. But tough titties for everyone.

It's not irreversable though - we can always rejoin. So kick up a stink like the 20% of hard-leave tories did. There's more of you, so it won't take as long to get your way....

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  16. dysfunction

looks like you've become a brexiter or just given up or something.

Rejoining would not be on same terms we have now. It would be a monumental challenge to persuade people to do so. We would have to have the Euro, lose out on rebates, join the Schengen etc

17. caLLous

So don't do it then. :| I don't see how that's such an outrageous opinion... talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face. I'm bored to death with the whole thing and not necessarily for a second referendum but I wish everybody would just take a step back and see how stupid the whole thing is.

We can always rejoin... on worse terms, because there's no way the UK will be re-admitted with as good a deal as it currently has. That's what's irreversible about it.

18. Job

S
    Shouldnt be rushed.

Spits out cornflakes.

And its the tiresome weaseling by attempts to ridicule statements that are the core of the issue.
    Its like listening to Homer.
    'I suppose your going to use 'facts' and 'evidence'.

Are you still prattling on about that vote?..we've moved on..so should you.

19. dysfunction

I do wonder if Boris had joined the Remain campaign the referendum result would have been different.
    Except he chose to better his own career and his bank balance

20. Job

It hardly matters who it is, someone has to represent the majority.
    Would you rather no one stepped up to defend Brexit against the establishment.
    You probably would, but then again you care not a jot for the continuing public confidence in politics, as long as everything stays really cheap.

Germany has slipped into recession...who knows what will play out.

21. Job

Thetes no going back in because we will never really leave and our judiciary is all ready corrupt as it has shown , so its next to pointless trying to keep it independent from globalism and social justice.
    We will just slowly slide back in, its not about the EU its about the vast majority of people having no power against the rich.

• Facepalm Facepalm x 1
  22. Scouse

I don't think it's an outrageous opinion at all.

However, it's an impractical and unrealistic one. Like it or not there was a democratic vote (yes, it was shite, and you *must* blame the tories for that) - and if you couple that with the lack of appetite for another referendum then there absolutely must be only one outcome.

It's not giving up - it's an acceptance of practical reality.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  23. Scouse

24. Yoni

Yoni Cockb@dger / Klotehommel

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. Yoni

Yoni Cockb@dger / Klotehommel

up until recently I have been a tory voter my entire life... so not entirely true. I will not vote Tory in the next election and I didn't in the last couple either

26. Scouse

There'll be some people like you @Yoni - but sadly the polling confirms my tough titties view.

The reality is that if bozza gets his way and a GE before xmas (and the lib dems are offering to help with that @Wij) then it's a tory win.

And nowhere near enough want another ref. So....

....get it done, get on with it.

27. caLLous

UK gives up £7bn windfall from European Investment Bank

• Funny Funny x 1
  28. Job

No..it shouldnt have been asked, luckily we voted leave..if we had voted remain, that would have been it, sign over the armed forces, adopt the Euro, hand over the stock exchange.
    Euro wide taxes followed by massive green taxes on energy, Spanish Fisherman going up the Thames.
    Raining cats and dogs.

Its OK remainers, you can thank us later.

29. dysfunction

You'll be despised forever.