Politics POLL: Brexit Withdrawal Agreement

If you were an MP would you vote for or against it?

• FOR

• AGAINST

Results are only viewable after voting.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
I think so also... I am a bit behind the live steam at the moment but I am impressed today by Keir Starmer - he is talking eloquently and factually and seems more informed about Brexit than his story counterpart..... however he is not finished yet

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
No..Im watching the political ideology war playing out, the rise if the right in reaction to the hyper liberal ruling class.
"Now everyone will become super nationalistic": Sweden's backlash against immigrants and the rise of the right
Yonis correct, Swedens dormant nationalism is being fueled by immigration..something they have barely dealt with before.
Coupled with a recent politician publically stating that Sweden belongs to immigrants not Swedes.

Fredrik Reinfeldt - Wikipedia

Yeah that's our former PM who is pissy and vengeful about losing last election. And his party have ironically enough lost almost HALF of their voters despite being fast with jumping on the populist wave of "Hey look i can be a closet racist too! Please vote for us!"....

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Yeah that's our former PM who is pissy and vengeful about losing last election. And his party have ironically enough lost almost HALF of their voters despite being fast with jumping on the populist wave of "Hey look i can be a closet racist too! Please vote for us!"....
So psycopathic liberal turns to nationalist ..or racist...as you put it, and people dont believe him shocker.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Johnson's such a duplicitous wanker. He sent an unsigned, old photocopy of the letter in Benn Act along with a proper, signed letter saying how stupid he thinks a delay is. The EU have fortunately seen right through his cunning plan and acknowledged receipt of the extension request.

Also, as if there wasn't evidence enough that they were trying to play to both sides, Gove was actually caught making incompatible promises...

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Johnson's such a duplicitous wanker. He sent an unsigned, old photocopy of the letter in Benn Act along with a proper, signed letter saying how stupid he thinks a delay is. The EU have fortunately seen right through his cunning plan and acknowledged receipt of the extension request.

Also, as if there wasn't evidence enough that they were trying to play to both sides, Gove was actually caught making incompatible promises...

I know. He is such a numpty. He is definitely trying to find every single loop hole possible.
Brexit: Johnson sends unsigned letter asking for delay, and second arguing against it

"Officials in Brussels said there was little doubt that an extension request would be granted, despite the prime minister’s attempts to throw doubt on such a move. A decision on the terms could be taken later in October to allow for events to unfold in London. A summit could be held as late as 29 October".

I really do hope there is an extension just to show Boris that he can't just do whatever he likes. He needs to be doing things in the proper way.

Yoni

Can someone more knowledgable than I please explain why MPs want to back this deal, in preference to the May deal. The May deal was worse for Joe Public than the deal GB citizens have today but according to reports this one is worse. Is it just the ammendements to NI? or is it just that MPs have been worn down? What happened to the ERG's no deal is better than a bad deal (this is a bad deal but their plan I think is now clear)? Are they just voting on ideology?

I spent 5 hours listening to the debate yesterday and there was some sense on both sides, although the tory front bench was terribad. When, however the Tory Brexit Secretary Stephen Barkley knows less than his opposition (Keir Starmer - who excelled yesterday in my view) then I can not understand how anyone can have confidence in the deal presented currently.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Johnson's such a duplicitous wanker. He sent an unsigned, old photocopy of the letter in Benn Act along with a proper, signed letter saying how stupid he thinks a delay is.
Obvs...
"Dear EU. I hearby formally ask for an extention to current timescales.

I also think you'd be mad to grant it. But I'm required by a law passed by parliament to do so.

Please reject my formal request for extention. Which I've formally made. Or we'll never get anything done and be going round in circles for years.

Yours

Bozza"

Job

At what point does this idiocy have to stop...how far do they think they can take this experiment into the fringes of reason.
The damage being done to the last traces of trust in the establishment, far outweighs any temporary blip in the economy from brexit.

As May says, the world is watching, Europe is watching...not the EU...the actual Europe.
I guess it was a self destruction that had to happen eventually.

Yoni

Looks like Job has been at the Express again

Job

Job you have no idea what you are talking about .... none what-so-ever. Addtionally please stop insinuating that I am far right in any capacity - I am an immigrant now citizen of a country that is not the UK being far right would be highly hypocritical dont you think?

These are just some of the actual facts that make Sweden so much better than the UK

Women in Sweden are able to take time off with their childrent without worrying about money?
Men in Sweden can also take time off with their childrent without worrying about money?
If you are an immigrant to Sweden then you are provided with free language training
Childcare in Sweden costs under 200 GBP per month which enables both parents to work full time (this is around the average cost per week in both US and UK
Should you be made redundant in Sweden you will receive 80% of your salary, enabling you you retrain and find a new job (for 200 days union rules yes there are unions and everyone is in at least akassa scheme)
If you have either mental or physical health issues you will recieve 80% of your salary until you are better (again part of your union full cost not just akassa)
You can walk down the street in the capital city and rarely see litter on the ground
Intercity and national travel networks are in better condition that the UK (and from personal experience rarely let me down if ever) eg should the underground breakdown and no replacement bus service made available for sometime, you can take a cab and then recieve the money back from the transportation company afterwards.
In Sweden there have been charges on the use of plasic bags for many many years - in the UK only since Oct 2015
There are so many elements that I see every day and I haven't started on economics or education.

However YOU @Job seem to only see the rise of the right wing.... a story that ripples accross europe so of course every country will be affected to a degree. However what you do NOT get because you do not read far enough in to the detail is that although SD are the 3rd largest party in Sweden - it is not like in the UK ie when you vote you vote for an alliance there is the centre left alliance (headed up by social democrats) and the center right alliance (headed up by the moderate party). The moderate party would have had enough votes to challenge the center left alliance except they wanted to do a deal with SD.... this had the effect that the other centre right parties joined with the social democrats to keep the far right being part of a majority alliance in government.

Summary - you cant just assume that just because you have lots of votes you will have power in Sweden 37,37% is not enough to have a majority in Sweden (Moderates and SD)... What is more interesting is this table below. Additonally SD is quite concentrated in the south of Sweden ie Mälmo which is where the party has its roots.

View attachment 40612
Jesus Yoni, I post a factual statement..the right wing is on the rise.
My opinion, thats very troubling for the bastion of world liberalism and that it takes quite an effort to fuck up that badly.
You talk of you education and your world experience and then answer like a five year old by saying Im accusing you of being rightwing.
Thats some epic logic there.

Then you continue to call me an idiot because there are political procedures in place to temper extremism, every country has that in some form, it doesnt change the FACT that I posted.
You take everything so personally like you are defending humanity from the horde and go on to another form of division...oh its all down there in Malmo.
So now Sweden is splitting regionally, I'll add that to the issues.
Criticising social engineering by the EU is taboo it seems, its the most devisive and potentially destructive policy of globalism and you cant speak up because of Hitler.

Job

@Job - what, exactly, are you angry about?
Oh sorry Ive made a mistake, It's all going great.
We all should have read up on the supplementary, tuesday only rules, when signing up to Dungeon and Dragons the Magic mushrooms edition.

Job

The EU are torn here, we are a pain in the ass, but they do admire our smokescreen of obscure political procedures designed to thwart the proles.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Oh sorry Ive made a mistake, It's all going great.
We all should have read up on the supplementary, tuesday only rules, when signing up to Dungeon and Dragons the Magic mushrooms edition.
Answer my question.

What, exactly, are you angry about?

Yoni

If he does it is straight out of the Daily Express, Sun & Mail. His answers cant come from the Telegraph or Times as his vocabulary doesn't stretch that far.

Job

Answer my question.

What, exactly, are you angry about?
Firstly thats the single oldest psychological argument trick on gods Earth.

Page 1
Attach the argument to the victims emotional state.

So Ill ignore that and ask you to consider the greatest political crisis in the EUs history is being treated as a dick waving contest.

Job

If he does it is straight out of the Daily Express, Sun & Mail. His answers cant come from the Telegraph or Times as his vocabulary doesn't stretch that far.
The Telegraph...oh dear, you are behind the times.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Firstly thats the single oldest psychological argument trick on gods Earth..

OK. I'll ignore your emotional state, and just ask what the fuck, in plain English, is your position on the events of the weekend?

Job

Its an ongoing car crash.
Daily reporting is just.

'Yes, still crashing.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Moggy boy is angry that we can't leave without a deal so he can't make lots of £££, so Job is too.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Firstly thats the single oldest psychological argument trick on gods Earth.

Page 1
Attach the argument to the victims emotional state.

So Ill ignore that and ask you to consider the greatest political crisis in the EUs history is being treated as a dick waving contest.
What a crock of shit. but fine:

What is it you don't like about the current situation, exactly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom