Politics POLL: Brexit Withdrawal Agreement

If you were an MP would you vote for or against it?

• FOR

• AGAINST

Results are only viewable after voting.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber

Funny, that sounds exactly like the deal we hear they're trying to get over the line.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Parliament has become an excellent advertisment for a dictatorship.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Parliament has become an excellent advertisment for a dictatorship.

I said that as soon as your mate Boris got into power and you were like.

"Oh no you've been brainwashed by the liberal left...blah blah blah" with your full arsenal of catchphrases.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

Job

So declare war on them.
Seriously terrorists threats are a political tool again.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I'd advise anyone to ignore the above post (and anything subsequent) as an obvious troll.

Job

Well we're fucked, the Benn act has fucked us into a corner, handed the entire negotiation on a plate to the EU and if this POS is passed then we will be worse off than before the vote.

Is it too late for a military coup?

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

The new deal doesn't keep NI in the EU customs union; it keeps it aligned with it. I don't think this challenge would hold up.

Parliament is in a bind now; do they:

vote for the deal thereby giving Johnson a propaganda coup of "fulfilling his promise to leave by Oct 31st"?
vote against the deal, making Johnson go back to the EU for an extension? Which could a. make Johnson weak and a liar, or b. generate sympathy for Johnson who "got a deal" and had it rejected? Since Johnson is already weak and a proven liar, and its done him no harm with his base, it seems like there would be more sentiment for "b" than "a".

Johnson has regained the initiative; make no mistake, the deal is shite (economically it gives Britain less freedom of action than the backstop deal did), and, as I predicted, throws the Unionists under the bus, but an exhausted public never cared about NI anyway, and don't understand that leaving the EU on October 31st is only the start of years of shit, not the end, so quite a few people will give Johnson credit for "getting the job done" if he quickly calls a snap election (he can't wait too long because the economy will be coming apart by the Spring), or better yet, if it doesn't get the votes he can point to an actual deal to vote against (some certainty for the first time in this whole shitshow) whereas Labour and the LibDems are talking new plans, new referendums. How do think that will play out?

Job

Theyre on TV selling it as a win win deal.

Brexiters listen to Farage, its a pile of shit...and obviously has to be ,now we have the Benn act.

The BBC virtual Irish sea border graohics are hilarious..a squiggly line drawn in the sea.

Its form filling and bureaucracy..just like the EU.

Wij

I am a FH squatter

Brexiters listen to Farage, its a pile of shit...and obviously has to be ,now we have the Benn act.

The BBC virtual Irish sea border graohics are hilarious..a squiggly line drawn in the sea.

No brexit is ever brexity enough for the true believer.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography

but you were so optimistic about bozza Job.

pleaae stop blaming the Benn legislation for Bozza’s deal... you have been repeatedly told that the EU will not compromise the single market or the union... all the Benn deal does is to prevent the UK from crashing out with no deal.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I think Carmeron's choice of the term 'greased piglet' to describe Johnson was, erm, unfortunate ;)

Job

but you were so optimistic about bozza Job.

pleaae stop blaming the Benn legislation for Bozza’s deal... you have been repeatedly told that the EU will not compromise the single market or the union... all the Benn deal does is to prevent the UK from crashing out with no deal.
Strike you off a negotiation team.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Hold on @Job - we're leaving the EU.

Please explain exactly and precicely A) what you still have objections to and B) why you hold those objections.

Job

Its The Benn act was a tragic capitulation and has defined our position in Europe for decades.
To even ask for a better deal with that hanging over the proceedings was a joke and has allowed the EU to set demands that put huge pressure on the 'peace' in Ireland.
This from an organisation thats supposed to have brought peace to Europe...which it fucking hasnt, in fact its making it worse in clear sight.
They have put their club before whatever goes for peace in Ireland.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Its The Benn act was a tragic capitulation and has defined our position in Europe for decades.
To even ask for a better deal with that hanging over the proceedings was a joke and has allowed the EU to set demands that put huge pressure on the 'peace' in Ireland.
This from an organisation thats supposed to have brought peace to Europe...which it fucking hasnt, in fact its making it worse in clear sight.
They have put their club before whatever goes for peace in Ireland.

You should be a politician as you never give a straight answer and flip flop all over the place.

Job

Well no ones going to let me send the army after the IRA..so we have to deal with them.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
what kind of utter idiot do you have to be to vote for a deal that will decrease income per capita by 2.5% (Mays was 1.7% and WTO 3.3%). From ‘The UK in a changing Europe’

Job

Those are utterly pie in the sky figures..no one knows.
If they did they'd be a billionaire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom