Politics POLL: Brexit Withdrawal Agreement

If you were an MP would you vote for or against it?

• FOR

• AGAINST

Results are only viewable after voting.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Because you and all remainymoaners always leave out the bit where no deal fucks European countries exactly the same amount.
We are the joint 2nd largest economy..and the clear 2nd real economy in Europe.
That was our bargaining chip...Benn threw that one in the bin and now every spat with the EU.

Do you still have zoze vimpy chickens?
Ha go home.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Because you and all remainymoaners always leave out the bit where no deal fucks European countries exactly the same amount.
That was our bargaining chip...Benn threw that one in the bin and now every spat with the EU.

Ha go home.
Except the EU would be a bloc of 27 countries and would handle it collectively a hell of a lot better than the UK would on its lonesome.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Except the EU would be a bloc of 27 countries and would handle it collectively a hell of a lot better than the UK would on its lonesome.

Job is chatting shit though.

His belief is that The UK outweighs the entirety of the EU in every aspect.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography

Ha go home.

I guess that answered my question....

Job

Us leaving is financially the same as the bottom 17 leaving.
In reality its a crushing blow to the EU project..its greatest disaster since its creation.
Losing its most important country, one of its nuclear powers and its only global power.

Thats THE TRUTH.
I know you hate this country and are determined to put it down at every opportunity, but thats the simple facts and now Germany and France have to make up the gap.
Thatll grow old very quickly for the tax payers, hopefully Germany will end this endless self hate and start showing their face to the world again instead of hiding behind us.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Ah the "you hate your country" bullshit. Right on cue. What could demonstrate your love for your country more than voluntarily setting it back decades on the global stage...

Job

Lol.
By dissapearing into a federal Europe?

Countries NOT absorbed by globalism will leave their mark.

Yoni

I’m sorry but you are really really ignorant of life outside of the UK. Both NL and Sweden have a great sense of national identity. You are just fucking disgraceful.

Job

Sweden doesnt know what the fuck it is at the moment.

Gwadien

I’m sorry but you are really really ignorant of life outside of the UK. Both NL and Sweden have a great sense of national identity. You are just fucking disgraceful.

National Identity to Job means that you're hostile to anyone that might influence your culture.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Job

Hardly..I oppose ghettoisation and protection of incoming culture from satire.

Job

How would you know that?

You got bags of first hand personal experience do you?
No..Im watching the political ideology war playing out, the rise if the right in reaction to the hyper liberal ruling class.
"Now everyone will become super nationalistic": Sweden's backlash against immigrants and the rise of the right
Yonis correct, Swedens dormant nationalism is being fueled by immigration..something they have barely dealt with before.
Coupled with a recent politician publically stating that Sweden belongs to immigrants not Swedes.

Fredrik Reinfeldt - Wikipedia

Last edited:

Job

If deebs removed the Facepalm button, we wouldnt know you were here.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
If deebs removed the Facepalm button, we wouldnt know you were here.
We've done the Sweden thing to death - yes they're regressing (yay capitalism) but on almost every metric we use to measure everything they're streets ahead of us.

Stop bringing stuff up like it's new news when we've been on that ride a bazillion times before.

Job

Well are we supporting nationalism or what?
I can make Yoni out, is it silly to say it will be lost or is it good that it survives?
The EU want rid of it and it seems they can do no wrong.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
As I said earlier, still a win for Johnson.

You're absolutely correct as he has achieved a "deal" that is perceived to be the "greatest deal ever"@tm.

So now anything that follows is the failure of the opposition and Boris is the winner regardless. Which is completely the opposite scenario completely.
But the masses agree with and will vote for Boris in the election which is insane.

:(

Gwadien

Well are we supporting nationalism or what?
I can make Yoni out, is it silly to say it will be lost or is it good that it survives?
The EU want rid of it and it seems they can do no wrong.

I'd imagine lots of Swedes have lots of pride due to the fact that they've taken on a large amount of people fleeing from war.

Sure, lot's of dickheads rear their heads up and pretend that they're all terrorists/economic migrants/rapists, but judging by election results, people are more tuned into the real world and have a degree of sympathy.

But you're not talking about national pride in general, you're talking about fascist traits that you can have pride in.

Job

A rising right wing in Sweden is a sign of a very troubled country indeed.

Yoni

Job you have no idea what you are talking about .... none what-so-ever. Addtionally please stop insinuating that I am far right in any capacity - I am an immigrant now citizen of a country that is not the UK being far right would be highly hypocritical dont you think?

These are just some of the actual facts that make Sweden so much better than the UK

Women in Sweden are able to take time off with their childrent without worrying about money?
Men in Sweden can also take time off with their childrent without worrying about money?
If you are an immigrant to Sweden then you are provided with free language training
Childcare in Sweden costs under 200 GBP per month which enables both parents to work full time (this is around the average cost per week in both US and UK
Should you be made redundant in Sweden you will receive 80% of your salary, enabling you you retrain and find a new job (for 200 days union rules yes there are unions and everyone is in at least akassa scheme)
If you have either mental or physical health issues you will recieve 80% of your salary until you are better (again part of your union full cost not just akassa)
You can walk down the street in the capital city and rarely see litter on the ground
Intercity and national travel networks are in better condition that the UK (and from personal experience rarely let me down if ever) eg should the underground breakdown and no replacement bus service made available for sometime, you can take a cab and then recieve the money back from the transportation company afterwards.
In Sweden there have been charges on the use of plasic bags for many many years - in the UK only since Oct 2015
There are so many elements that I see every day and I haven't started on economics or education.

However YOU @Job seem to only see the rise of the right wing.... a story that ripples accross europe so of course every country will be affected to a degree. However what you do NOT get because you do not read far enough in to the detail is that although SD are the 3rd largest party in Sweden - it is not like in the UK ie when you vote you vote for an alliance there is the centre left alliance (headed up by social democrats) and the center right alliance (headed up by the moderate party). The moderate party would have had enough votes to challenge the center left alliance except they wanted to do a deal with SD.... this had the effect that the other centre right parties joined with the social democrats to keep the far right being part of a majority alliance in government.

Summary - you cant just assume that just because you have lots of votes you will have power in Sweden 37,37% is not enough to have a majority in Sweden (Moderates and SD)... What is more interesting is this table below. Additonally SD is quite concentrated in the south of Sweden ie Mälmo which is where the party has its roots.

upload_2019-10-19_9-13-53.png

Job

Theres a good defence against the slow decline of liberalism in the poster child country for it.

But we have great child care..and free language schools.

You have to go to a next level of fuckup to get the right wing in power in Sweden ...but the EU managed it...good on them.

Yoni

You are a special kind of ignorant individual well done

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Sweden had right wingers before they joined the EU (they were late to the party, joined in 95)

The point it seems to me @Yoni is making is that the whole system of politics in Sweden (and many other countries) is setup to avoid a single ideology party from dominating, it forces coalitions, and it means of enough people are against a hard right party they will never get a sniff of power

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Agree with caveats @Ormorof (and @Yoni).

If inequality in Sweden is allowed to continue to grow at the pace it's growing then the inevitable consequence is growning anti government sentiment - as evidenced by <pick one of many examples>.

But we've been on that merry go round - yons is right, job is wrong non-shocker.

Yoni

I actually wonder as @Job feels so strongly about this, if he has tuned in to parliament this morning or whether he will indulge in more pub politics...

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
If the Letwin amendment passes, I saw that Johnson is going to pull the vote. It sounds like he's promised the ERG a no deal if they support him on this vote.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom