Politics POLL: Brexit Withdrawal Agreement

If you were an MP would you vote for or against it?

• FOR

• AGAINST

Results are only viewable after voting.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
I'll ignore Scouses non conventional spelling and wait for your next one.

Job

Queenie says steps will be taken to strenghten democracy.

Supreme court to be bombed.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
They're going for voter ID I see. Following the GOP's vote suppression tactics.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
We're doing it because Trump has told us to and the tories are cunts.

Say what you like about Corbyn - he'd be condemning it in a shot. Along with the Israeli apartheid.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
We're doing it because Trump has told us to and the tories are cunts.

Say what you like about Corbyn - he'd be condemning it in a shot. Along with the Israeli apartheid.

It's an utter utter disgrace.

It's not even a political move, it's just a save Trump's face move.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
It's not even a political move, it's just a save Trump's face move.
That's a political move.

We leave the EU, he'll help out the UK. Maybe. (But I actually doubt it - he'll definitely help out Boris though).

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
That's a political move.

We leave the EU, he'll help out the UK. Maybe. (But I actually doubt it - he'll definitely help out Boris though).

Trump has already forgotten who Boris is, and when he's reminded he certainly won't do a damn thing to help Boris unless there's something in it for him.(personally).

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
These posts make me want to insert a blowjob gif ;(

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
We're worse than Germany (only just tho) when it comes to animal testing.

It's on the rise in China and level with the 80's in the UK.

It's because we're not violent enough in our protests tbh. Animal testing is disgusting - especially on primates.

Last edited:

Gwadien

You should also see some of the videos vegan activists have taken of animals screaming at abbitoirs etc

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Yeah, but at least animal death for food has more purpose than vanity (cosmetics industry) and more validity than medical testing (because animal models aren't that great, there are alternatives (more expensive) and other ethical issues).

But yep.

Gwadien

Yeah, but at least animal death for food has more purpose than vanity (cosmetics industry) and more validity than medical testing (because animal models aren't that great, there are alternatives (more expensive) and other ethical issues).

But yep.

Vegans would tell you that's a utterly ridiculous argument :p

Job

The Guard mods let this through because they used long words.

only 18% of people working in music and the performing and visual arts grew up in a working-class household. In publishing ,it’s a pitiful 13%; in film, TV and radio, it’s only 12%.”

Yet again it very much seems that the industries dominated most by the woke left remain the most snobbish and class exclusive. A surprise to absolutely no one.

Clicking through on the author’s book link it seems to be about ‘winning the culture war in the age of austerity’. It seems to me that culture warriors and their kulturkampf are the most potent enforcers of bourgeois privilege around; the desultory picture that plays out wherever they have control underscores this.

It’s doubtful that many of this elite wish more individual working class voices in the media any more than they wished to hear those voices en masse at referendum time. What it wants is a dependent and divided client class who are suitably grateful towards their benevolent leftish patrons. To be blunt, I’m not sure how anyone who has moved outside the establishment-serving echo chambers of the left academy and media world could maintain the spectacular delusion that ‘the culture war’ is intended to benefit the less affluent. It’s consequence is to keep them disorientated, marginalised and compliant.

For a more egalitarian milieu the author may find the bastions of capitalism more pleasing, though I fear still lacking the feather bedding which may also be sought. These places may lack the bigotry and entitlement of the left run industries, but they’re very much about sinking of swimming based on personal contribution.

As such, like every other place where work includes responsibilities, pretty much everyone will feel ‘impostor syndrome’ - even if they don’t have the time to write theses on the subject.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
The guard let it through because the author didn't give them any reason to ban it.

You got a link to the article?

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
The Guard mods let this through because they used long words.

only 18% of people working in music and the performing and visual arts grew up in a working-class household. In publishing ,it’s a pitiful 13%; in film, TV and radio, it’s only 12%.”

Yet again it very much seems that the industries dominated most by the woke left remain the most snobbish and class exclusive. A surprise to absolutely no one.

Clicking through on the author’s book link it seems to be about ‘winning the culture war in the age of austerity’. It seems to me that culture warriors and their kulturkampf are the most potent enforcers of bourgeois privilege around; the desultory picture that plays out wherever they have control underscores this.

It’s doubtful that many of this elite wish more individual working class voices in the media any more than they wished to hear those voices en masse at referendum time. What it wants is a dependent and divided client class who are suitably grateful towards their benevolent leftish patrons. To be blunt, I’m not sure how anyone who has moved outside the establishment-serving echo chambers of the left academy and media world could maintain the spectacular delusion that ‘the culture war’ is intended to benefit the less affluent. It’s consequence is to keep them disorientated, marginalised and compliant.

For a more egalitarian milieu the author may find the bastions of capitalism more pleasing, though I fear still lacking the feather bedding which may also be sought. These places may lack the bigotry and entitlement of the left run industries, but they’re very much about sinking of swimming based on personal contribution.

As such, like every other place where work includes responsibilities, pretty much everyone will feel ‘impostor syndrome’ - even if they don’t have the time to write theses on the subject.

The only people who can afford to work in media when they're starting out are those with an alternative source of income (e.g. parents). Working class kids can't afford to be out of work actors, or even unpaid runners or publishing interns. It was always like this, until a brief period from the seventies until 2008 when poorer kids' parents had a bit more disposable and maybe they could game the benefits system a bit or even borrow at relatively low cost to see them through the first few years, and so slowly there was a rise in working class performers and creatives. Normal service has now been resumed, only its now worse because your careers advisor at Eton tells you not to be a banker but to work in the creative arts dear boy, because its the only place the British have a sustainable advantage.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Yup. Would have loved to have worked in the arts but it would have meant homelessness.

Wage slavery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom