Politics POLL: Brexit Withdrawal Agreement

If you were an MP would you vote for or against it?

• FOR

• AGAINST

Results are only viewable after voting.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
@Job - if the BBC is biased it's biased hugely towards the right wing.

As per @Wij's post. Tory takeover.
No..its hugely biased towards the political fashion of the day.
It started its supreme court article with two prosecuting lawyers giving the usual scripted..look at me.. speech attacking Boris...and then gave no counter argument , just the usual terms and conditions.
Government lawyers....bbllllllpp...the end.
Its an endless subtle and powerful propoganda, the type that turns society and turns those who dont know enough to see they are being played like a fiddle, and are being convinced that those with opposing views are the ones being lied to.

Job

Jo Swinson says she will never forgive cameron for calling the ref on the EU.

Hilariously and predictable from the chancer turncoats, she called for one in 2008, calling the EU unelected, undemocratic and inefficient.

Treaty of Lisbon (No. 7) - Hansard"

Just search for Jo Swinson and you can read her tired cliche ridden attack of the EU that could be cut pasted from a Farage speech.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Read it @Job

You're full of shit. She's pro-EU, thinks it's a good thing generally but needs reform from within.

Full. Of. Shit.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
It would if you can get enough opposition MPs onside; Labour plus SNP plus plaid Cymru and some independents and you could do without the Tories at all. The ERG aren't kingmakers if you can develop a broad consensus elsewhere; like I said, "good of the nation" stuff.
Can't see it happening. Labour will reject any deal made by the Tories because Tories. SNP and Lib Dem will do it hoping for a referendum.

Job

Read it @Job

You're full of shit. She's pro-EU, thinks it's a good thing generally but needs reform from within.

Full. Of. Shit.
She CLEARLY asked for a referendum.
But you would rather ignore that huge fucking hypocritical hole in her latest stance.

Job

Facepalming the actual truthful facts..yes, thats where we're at.

Job

So John Humphreys has claimed the bbc has instituitionalised left wing bias thats not a conspiracy but simply as a result of its management having a spiritual home in trendy liberal fashion.
He claims in his book that the glum faces right across the board after brexit showed how inherently out of touch the corporation is because of their middle class mantra they all buy into.

Just his opinion, but its gonna hurt.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Can't see it happening. Labour will reject any deal made by the Tories because Tories. SNP and Lib Dem will do it hoping for a referendum.

I can't see it happening either, because Corbyn is too divisive. Consensus politics is currently impossible in the UK, but mathematically there's never been a better time to nullify the ERG types and the DUP.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Unanimous as well. It didn't stop the BXP twat on the beeb whining about it though. And the "no deal" Tory sitting there saying it was "the worst possible outcome for democracy". Fuck off.

Embattle

FH is my second home
A very democratic outcome for a very useless undemocratic parliament.

Certainly useful for the extreme right wingers.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
A very democratic outcome for a very useless undemocratic parliament.

Oxymoron much?

Because we've had a Brexit vote does that mean that Parliament need to vote in favour of every Brexit legislation on the future?

'We're going scrap the NHS, because Brexit, if you don't vote in favour, you're a traitor!'

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
So - here's the next thing for you guys to mull over.

Oof, the prorogation was unlawful.

Unlawful is NOT the same as illegal.

An unlawful act is something that isn't prohibted by law - it just hasn't been authorised by the passing of a law. Illegal means there's a law against it.

So, franky, Boris Johnson can do what the fuck he likes. This is just more political pressure to be honest.

Gwadien

An unlawful act is something that isn't prohibted by law - it just hasn't been authorised by the passing of a law. Illegal means there's a law against it.

So, franky, Boris Johnson can do what the fuck he likes. This is just more political pressure to be honest.

Apart from Raab was on TV yesterday saying that they would respect the decision of the courts.

Wij

I am a FH squatter

Not quite true. It means what he did had no legal effect. Parliament is not prorogued.

it also means he lied to the queen and should resign.

Gwadien

Question is, who's going to replace him and will they call for a GE, or are they all chancing power grabbing scum?

Yes.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Not quite true. It means what he did had no legal effect. Parliament is not prorogued
Yeah. He'll probably just go and suggest a small prorogation again (which will be different and respect the ruling of the courts) because:

it also means he lied to the queen and should resign.
If this bitch can actually refuse the "request" from an elected politician then that's simply proof we've got bigger constitutional problems than brexit.

Lets face it. I bet there's lots of things that aren't explicitly defined as illegal that Johnson can do. If he doesn't progogue parliament again then there'll be something else.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I wonder if Johnson could appeal to the European Court of Justice? :D

Wij

I am a FH squatter
If this bitch can actually refuse the "request" from an elected politician then that's simply proof we've got bigger constitutional problems than brexit.

She can't. She is not allowed to. But if the instruction she was given is unlawful then it doesn't count.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
You can't call glenn for all of the internet :eek:

But serious point: If an appeal to ECJ is possible then it'd be an absolute coup of a press release for Johnson - showing up the UK's lack of control over it's own parliamentary affairs.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
You can't call glenn for all of the internet :eek:

But serious point: If an appeal to ECJ is possible then it'd be an absolute coup of a press release for Johnson - showing up the UK's lack of control over it's own parliamentary affairs.
Unlikely. I don’t think it’s an area where the ECJ has any jurisdiction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom