Please Jox stop crying

G

Gordonax

And now all those numbers have made my head hurt and I'm going to get a beer.

J

jox

Originally posted by Gordonax
No, you haven't. You've said that an overpowered character leads to higher numbers, which leads to higher RPs. As I've said, this would also lead to higher per-character RPs, which in the case of infi's hasn't happened.

This, of course, you've ignored because it doesn't fit your general whine.

So, please take some time and answer the following questions:

1. Why is it that the infi remains low in the average RPs per week?
2. Why, when you claim that "only a few high-RR SBs are left" is the SB the second most popular character in Midgard?
3. How often, exactly, are you beaten by low RR *solo* infis?

And I note how you've consistently tried to use personal insults instead of actually arguing your case - another classic sign of a whiner.

1. Because its hard for all infils to find targets while the few sbs that still are out there can feed on warden-infils without even leaving the grounds below mtk(at least for a short while before they get zerged by 3 fgs Alpha-wannabes)?! lol
2. And how many of them are inactive? 2?
3. I dont count(but what does it matter? It has nothing to do with the discussion).

PS: lol @ Konah, Laxe will never be fixed.

I

Ironfoot

Originally posted by belth
for_jox.gif

IMO those 2 are better indicators...

Weekly average realm points are not a good indicator to class performance at all, especially in the stealther game.

This is beacuse the total number of infils is greater than total number SBs, Stealthers get mosat of their RP from killing other stealthers therefore the averages will be diluted for infils due to the fact they have less targets to farm than SBs

Also when your Infil warder zerg's hang around choke points and rape single / duos between them they will be getting less RPs due to the RP horny factor of 8 warder zerglings taken a piece of 1 or 2 peoples ass.

K

Knix

kk just because i like numbers :)

For normal all chars.
Rank Realm Pop. % out of total
1 Albion 27,836 42.108%

2 Hibernia 19,331 29.242%

3 Midgard 18,939 28.649%

That wasnt a suprice...

For Stealthers (without Mincer)
Rank Realm Pop. % out of total
1 Albion 3,948 - 40.261%

2 Hibernia 3,037 - 30.970%

3 Midgard 2,821 - 28.768%

So actualy there is more mid stealthers than alb stealthers out there compared out ot all normal chars. kk now you say thats not true and i can agree to a little of what you are saying

Originally posted by Jox
In terms of numbers? as I said before the TOTAL AMOUNT OF RP SHOWS NOTHING, THE TOTAL AMOUNT OF PLAYERS SHOWS NOTHING ABOUT CURRENT STATE(how many of those sbs are inactive? 70%? 80%?)

ok so 30% of all those sbs are playing (100%-70% thats inactive), and not at all near that number for albs, a rough number but okey lets play with that.

Rank Realm AVG-RP Pop. Pop after 30% - new RP-number
1 Midgard 12,000 2,006 - 601.8 - 40001.11rp pr sb/hunter

2 Albion 11,443 2,816

3 Hibernia 10,115 2,069

I know thats not a true number. but the rps from sbs should be higher than albs because of the reverse effect from high pop vs low pop. zerg thingy. But if your avg rps are that much diffrence, why are you complaining? - you must still be enalbe to go out there and wtfpwn something to get that ammout of rps. Now the wise guy says, yes but thats not vs infis ect thats also from vs normal unstealthers. But how did you get to kill all normal players when there so many alb stealthers around ?? i only see reason to complain if you getting killed all the time without getting anything.

Aye i know its out of the line, but you started it in a waaay out of line :)

K

Knix

Originally posted by Ironfoot
Weekly average realm points are not a good indicator to class performance at all, especially in the stealther game.

This is beacuse the total number of infils is greater than total number SBs, Stealthers get mosat of their RP from killing other stealthers therefore the averages will be diluted for infils due to the fact they have less targets to farm than SBs

Also when your Infil warder zerg's hang around choke points and rape single / duos between them they will be getting less RPs due to the RP horny factor of 8 warder zerglings taken a piece of 1 or 2 peoples ass.

Actualy AVG its a good indicator, its the only way to indicate anything about somethings performance over time or with many of them. - But in this situation it can be some out of balance if there is not about the same number on both sides, and it can only be told with active chars. So with AVG realm points last week, we need to know active chars before it can be shows to anything.

If you want to find something is overpopulated you got to find Active chars out of how many active chars normally - wich afaik can't be found on camelotseer :( But Jox originally started it on total rps last week, which is why it all started, because thats wrong. (afaik about maths) :)

G

Gordonax

Originally posted by jox
1. Because its hard for all infils to find targets while the few sbs that still are out there can feed on warden-infils without even leaving the grounds below mtk(at least for a short while before they get zerged by 3 fgs Alpha-wannabes)?! lol

It's harded to find them and kill them on their own, yes - which reduces their RPs per kill. However, because they're more likely to be added on when fighting, they're less likely to die, which means more RPs over a set period of play.

2. And how many of them are inactive? 2?

Impossible to say. It should be possible to write a script to extract that from the XML data though, so if you really want to prove your point, I'd suggest you get scripting.

3. I dont count(but what does it matter? It has nothing to do with the discussion).

Oh, well seeing as it was one of the things you whined about in your VN post, I thought you might know. Or were you just making things up in the hope of getting a nerf?

A

Atmosphere

imo stop playing if you can't handle the truth :sleeping:

I

infernalwrath

Originally posted by kinag
Says the alb... :puke:
i soloed before teh la nerf and got most of the rps i got so plz cut the crap.Now go cry mythic a river cause he nerfed your precious zerk or go roll a savage like a good random mid u are

H

Haldar

What is wrong with comparing the rear stun style of a savage to an evade stun style of the inf, scout or merc (you never know).

i am not comapring stuns of various chars here, i am talking about stealthers! if u add savages -- i'll begin telling about alb RAs - sos, bof, vp, sb, fh, all of which are better than mid ones, i'll begin whinig about defencelessness of mid end provider - shaman, compared to paladin, i'll cry about cleric spec AF buff which i need to overcome with AF charges of my own, wasting my money and gold on it. But i do not. Bcoz talk is about stealthers!

Nerfing DF will not only affect infiltrators, there are also scouts who use it instead of slam to stun their attackers.
Sadly enough, in your narrow little world, of uber Mids, this is of course not relevant.

there's a tiny population of scouts which rely on Dfang as melee stun. If they lose it - they'll still have access to slam.

What will scouts have left if you take DF away in the thrust line?

respec to slash and use Amy Slash and Slam. Viable option.

Dual wield line might have the lvl 50 style Dual Shadows which can function as an anytime (front positional) or maybe you expect infs to only use Garrote (high end) if they have some CS spec.

I use Garrote-AH as my anytime styles. And pretty happy about it.

Also, even funnier is, that a thrust inf without DF will be outdamaged by a considerable margin. How do you plan to compensate this?

Proof? Currently i am outdamaged by same fucking 'considerable margin' - and i live with it.

All you guys want is another I win button.

And U want to keep ur i-wins. Why the heck ALL albion stealthers got easy access to 9s stuns via Dfang, Slam and Stunning Bellow?

lvl 8 rear stun Savages get in the H2H line, short duration, but long enough to kill you...

http://www.camelotherald.com/styles/style.php?s=328&line=124

if 4 seconds is enough to kill you -- get better gear and buffs.

What do you plan on giving back to the thrust line if you take DF away?

Like u need sometning...besides, i may not take it away completely - change it to "target parries" opener, like Aurora Borealis (50 LA) style do for SBs...

Just like an sb will have a decent chance to gank my scout cause he will evade most of my slams

When fighting scouts i still get slammed more than not.

B

belth

Originally posted by Haldar
change it to "target parries" opener, like Aurora Borealis (50 LA) style do for SBs...

That'd be nice, free up a quickbar slot on 1v1 bar :) But with that change the stun on Ratfang would have to go and the last (3rd) in the chain would be 9s stun :p

Z

Zoldot

GREAT ASSHOLE BW!!!!!!

I posted a post that owned ya all stoopid infils and when I push submit reply it says im not logged in etc etc and the text is gone, fuck u BW!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was logged in!

Can't write it again, maybe in an hour or so, haha funneh to see the retards! btw dont bother reply to my post that im stoopid or anything, I come with my post later then u can comment it :)

Edit: fuck you bw!
this site sux :p

G

Gordonax

i am not comapring stuns of various chars here, i am talking about stealthers! if u add savages -- i'll begin telling about alb RAs - sos, bof, vp, sb, fh, all of which are better than mid ones, i'll begin whinig about defencelessness of mid end provider - shaman, compared to paladin, i'll cry about cleric spec AF buff which i need to overcome with AF charges of my own, wasting my money and gold on it. But i do not. Bcoz talk is about stealthers!

Indeed.

Proof? Currently i am outdamaged by same fucking 'considerable margin' - and i live with it.

Well no, that's the problem: you don't live with it, you complain about it. Or, at least, many of your cohort do, hijacking every thread with a "nerf df" comment to such an extent that even the Albs who agree that DF is overpowered end up rolling their eyes.

And U want to keep ur i-wins. Why the heck ALL albion stealthers got easy access to 9s stuns via Dfang, Slam and Stunning Bellow?

Unlike the others, Stunning Bellow doesn't often give you 9 secs. The length of time it lasts is adjusted by your body resistance, which means that you often only get 5-6 secs - and, of course, it's basically useless against a det-equipped character.

Z

Zoldot

IDIOT u cant post unless ur logged in.

When I pressed reply then it says log in and I did and I started to wrote and when I press submit there come some stupid text bla bla bla.

I dont bother to post again,

btw gordonax u probably one of those I mentioned in my non posted post^^

sad that ppl can be so retarded.

G

Gordonax

Originally posted by Zoldot
I wud have pwned j00 byt i kant b botherd wtf? iz dat da post buttonbn? TARD!!1!!1!ONEONEONE!!

H

Haldar

Well no, that's the problem: you don't live with it, you complain about it. Or, at least, many of your cohort do, hijacking every thread with a "nerf df" comment to such an extent that even the Albs who agree that DF is overpowered end up rolling their eyes.

it's not only dfang, it is debuff too. i have 1488 ws buffed, debuffed it drops to 1092, this means that thrust infi affected by same debuff will have around 1290 WS (provided he had same WS as me -- but most infis have 1500+ WS). This means that by 1 swing of weapon with this debuff i am facing 18-20% dmg disadvantage.

Unlike the others, Stunning Bellow doesn't often give you 9 secs. The length of time it lasts is adjusted by your body resistance, which means that you often only get 5-6 secs - and, of course, it's basically useless against a det-equipped character.

i know, but noone forbids u using of stun+mezz as CC tool.
Besides, stealthers do not have determ...

G

Gordonax

it's not only dfang, it is debuff too. i have 1488 ws buffed, debuffed it drops to 1092, this means that thrust infi affected by same debuff will have around 1290 WS (provided he had same WS as me -- but most infis have 1500+ WS). This means that by 1 swing of weapon with this debuff i am facing 18-20% dmg disadvantage.

[On stun]
i know, but noone forbids u using of stun+mezz as CC tool.
Besides, stealthers do not have determ...

You're right about the debuffs, too (although I'm sure if you did a search you'd find more weeping about DF :) ). I don't think anyone with half a brain doesn't think that at the moment infi's are top dogs in the stealth world, and that Mythic needs to look again at how to balance them out a little.

On the subject of stun, stun+mezz is only really a viable tactic if you're fighting solo (and how often does that happen these days?). Even then, an SB will outdamage a mincer enough to make it, at best, an even fight (all other things being equal).

B

belth

Originally posted by Zoldot
GREAT ASSHOLE BW!!!!!!

I posted a post that owned ya all stoopid infils and when I push submit reply it says im not logged in etc etc and the text is gone, fuck u BW!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was logged in!

Can't write it again, maybe in an hour or so, haha funneh to see the retards! btw dont bother reply to my post that im stoopid or anything, I come with my post later then u can comment it :)

Edit: fuck you bw!
this site sux :p

:rolleyes: Zoldot at his best...

V

vesta

Originally posted by Glottis_Xanadu
Yes, lets do that.
But before I go, lets compare the damage output of a savage to an inf...
They don't really need more time than that to kill me...
And really, I'm still not feeling very tired.
So lets compare thrust damage to the damage output of an SB.
Oh wait, lets not, cause a thrust inf does not really match...
Oh, we will keep that quiet...
Oh wait, lets try one more...
Lets nerf thrust so that not only are infs affected, also some scouts will be affected. And it gets even funnier. While all know the rest of the thrust line is crap... we won't change that despite taking DF...
Typical Mid thinking. One decent thing on an Alb class, and you little girls and boys are crying like no tommorow.
Regards, Glottis

I cba to read whole thread to see if any1 replies to this bollox you write as usual.

If thrust gets nerf also scouts are affected by this you say??

It was OK, when BOTH berserkers AND SBs where nerfed, when they put LA line down with 30% dmg reducing?????
Just remember idiot, before LA nerf, SBs main counterattak vs infil OVERPOWERED df WAS the higher dmg output, and fyi the higher HPs sbs have contra Infils IS NOTHING compared to a 9sec evade stun......

V

vesta

Originally posted by Glottis_Xanadu
What is wrong with comparing the rear stun style of a savage to an evade stun style of the inf, scout or merc (you never know).
Nerfing DF will not only affect infiltrators, there are also scouts who use it instead of slam to stun their attackers.
Sadly enough, in your narrow little world, of uber Mids, this is of course not relevant.
What will scouts have left if you take DF away in the thrust line?
Dual wield line might have the lvl 50 style Dual Shadows which can function as an anytime (front positional) or maybe you expect infs to only use Garrote (high end) if they have some CS spec.
Also, even funnier is, that a thrust inf without DF will be outdamaged by a considerable margin. How do you plan to compensate this?
All you guys want is another I win button. Such random noob whining without knowing anything. If you feel Dragonfang is overpowered, why not talk about brutalise? Or talk about Annihilation, lvl 50 rear style Large Weapons in Hibernia, or a level 21 celtic spear stun move from parry (must be pretty short at that level). Or lets talk about Diamondback, lvl 25 medium durtaion stun based of evade with piercing.
Lets keep on talking about Razor Edge, lvl 39 rear stun, medium duration or the lvl 8 rear stun Savages get in the H2H line, short duration, but long enough to kill you...
What do you plan on giving back to the thrust line if you take DF away? From your answer, you plan on giving back nothing. Just plain retarded nerfing cause an inf has a decent chance of getting DF of due to high evade. Just like an sb will have a decent chance to gank my scout cause he will evade most of my slams... I would love to see evade nerfed, just don't see the issue with dragonfang.
Regards, Glottis

Read carefully what you write, then plz jump off a high building plz

G

Gordonax

Originally posted by vesta
It was OK, when BOTH berserkers AND SBs where nerfed, when they put LA line down with 30% dmg reducing?????

No, that's kind of the point: It was NOT ok that SBs got caught as well. Yes, LA needed a nerf, but that nerf hit SBs a lot harder than zerkers, as everyone knows. And the point is that, on a scout or a merc, DF isn't overpowered.

So instead of yelling for a nerf that you know will hurt a class other than the one you're aiming at (as SBs were hurt more than zerkers), why not try and think up a boost for SBs that would effectively counter DF and level up the playing field? A self-castable stun resistance buff, as a quick off-the-top-of-the-head example?

V

vesta

Originally posted by Gordonax
No, that's kind of the point: It was NOT ok that SBs got caught as well. Yes, LA needed a nerf, but that nerf hit SBs a lot harder than zerkers, as everyone knows. And the point is that, on a scout or a merc, DF isn't overpowered.

So instead of yelling for a nerf that you know will hurt a class other than the one you're aiming at (as SBs were hurt more than zerkers), why not try and think up a boost for SBs that would effectively counter DF and level up the playing field? A self-castable stun resistance buff, as a quick off-the-top-of-the-head example?

make df a second in chain style and make it 7sec, and the wajn will end. period..

B

belth

make df a second in chain style and make it 7sec, and the wajn will end. period..

Another idiot who hasn't checked how the stuns in "classic" weapon-speclines go. DF goes 2nd in chain, it becomes 10s.

V

vesta

Another idiot who hasn't checked how the stuns in "classic" weapon-speclines go. DF goes 2nd in chain, it becomes 10s.

Um speak the same language as me plz...i wrote in english, so dont talk in codes. 2nd in chain? 10s?

A

Arnor

may i please?

ok thx

LOL

djees

K

K0nah

hypnotic darkness is 7s? ;/

DF is too easy for infils to pull off fullstop. i know it, every lvl50 thrust infil out there knows it too.

make it 7s duration.

AND make Annihilation 7s also... another 'win button' thats far far too easy to use.

A

Aybabtu

Originally posted by K0nah
hypnotic darkness is 7s? ;/

DF is too easy for infils to pull off fullstop. i know it, every lvl50 thrust infil out there knows it too.

make it 7s duration.

AND make Annihilation 7s also... another 'win button' thats far far too easy to use.

Amen.... make DF 7sec - will only be 2sec more than Diamond Back but it still is a lvl 50 style and i doubt it'll have hat big impact on the infils as it only means 1 less Hamstring :)

J

Jarrax

Simply put Frosty glaze as a reactionary stun 7sec

Diamond back=lvl25 5 sec
Frosty glaze= lvl39 7 sec
Dragonfang=lvl50 9sec

Looks nice and fair from my pov

Users who are viewing this thread