play.com pre-order pack

rynnor

Rockhound
Woot - just got my box from Play off the postie :)

A thin dvd box containing 3 codes - 1 for beta 1 for head start and 1 for bonus items :)

Nate

FH is my second home
Aye can confirm a few have received them today :) Not me though.

Howley

Fledgling Freddie
There is nowhere to enter your details on the war-europe.com website yet and we will be told when that section becomes available.

Open beta also has not been announced yet. The guild beta that precedes open beta hasn't even started yet.

(not a go at the EU site but...)

on the US site u can enter the OB codes already just for convenience altho it doesnt give any advantage towards closed beta and/or getting into OB now or sooner than others
:power:

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
Hello Cat1982 and welcome. So what's your name and when were you born? :p

Wife says there are no play.com parcels waiting for me at home today. It'll be here soon enough.

@ RTC sorry if you feel that way. Probably all the questions you asked should be in a forum FAQ and one of us old timers here ought to get off our fat arses and create one. Didn't mean to sound arsey in my response (which by the way I most certainly did, again sorry) I guess I'm just too used to this forum and poking fun at people in good humour, not good call for a first timer. Give us another chance eh?

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
(not a go at the EU site but...)

on the US site u can enter the OB codes already just for convenience altho it doesnt give any advantage towards closed beta and/or getting into OB now or sooner than others
:power:
The chap who sits next to me at work accesses the net on his macbook with safari browser and for a while (until the recent war-europe.com downtime) we could see a load of the new section stuff for a few seconds before the flash stuff took over so they are definitley working on it.

Howley

Fledgling Freddie
well its obvious their working on it and tbh im not pushed either coz i got my pre-CE in-store at hmv so have the codes beside my comp anyways :p

only posted that coz on WHA i saw in a guys sig that he said "OPEN BETA: Registered" and i was like wtf?? did i miss something :p gladly i didnt

TerrorsEnd

Fledgling Freddie
Got my codes this morning from the postie, confirmed DVD box with card inslip.

Effex

Fledgling Freddie
No code yet for me either, but knowing there coming is a great relief :)

So Im guessing the next stage is waiting for the beta entra website update... Let the whining commence! haha

Effex

vayasen

Fledgling Freddie
You get a head start in release with this pre order?

How long?

Can you still get them? Bloody hate it thwen they do this, its meant to be a competetive game vs other players, and yet they say pay money early and can have an unfair advantage!

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie

How long?

Can you still get them? Bloody hate it thwen they do this, its meant to be a competetive game vs other players, and yet they say pay money early and can have an unfair advantage!

Don't play on gank servers then,not like this makes any difference on normal servers.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home

How long?

were talking 3 days here....

go out in the sun, u'l probably need it before locking yourself up in the basement.

Nate

FH is my second home
It's rewarding people who are interested in the game before it's released, they should get rewards for doing so.

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie

How long?

High street HMV's still have a few.

vayasen

Fledgling Freddie
Cheers Derv I might go have a look.

Is it just the Collectors Edition btw or can you just buy a standard pre order pack?

I honestly think those 3 days can be critical to forming a servers balance....not syaing it IS, juts saying it CAN be :)

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Just as an FYI, I keep seeing 3 days thrown around as the length of the headstart period but in reality there has been no official announcement on how long the headstart will be. A lot of people assume it will be 3 days but that's based on zero evidence.

vayasen

Fledgling Freddie
So is there anywhere you can still buy the early access thing?

Can I clarify, do u need the CE to get early start or any pre order?

Had a look in HMV today and nothing.

I really see these early access deals as swiping as much cash as possible from people, but people feel inclined to pay if they want to have an even chance of competetiveness.

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie
Just as an FYI, I keep seeing 3 days thrown around as the length of the headstart period but in reality there has been no official announcement on how long the headstart will be. A lot of people assume it will be 3 days but that's based on zero evidence.

They are probably assuming it will be as 3 days is reasonably common, in several other games a "head-start" has been a weekend event.

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie
It's rewarding people who are interested in the game before it's released, they should get rewards for doing so.

Not really. Some of us have been "interested" and pretty much waiting for this game for 10+ years, but won't be paying twice the price for a few days early access and some fluff :)

R

Raizen

So is there anywhere you can still buy the early access thing?

Can I clarify, do u need the CE to get early start or any pre order?

Had a look in HMV today and nothing.

Some HMV stores still have a few pre-order boxes left but they do seem to be pretty limited stock now.

As far as i understand it, if you buy the pre-order box you're guaranteed a spot in the "open beta" and you'll also be able to get a head start.
However, if you don't add a CE edition CD-key to your early access account when the servers open for everyone you won't be able to play the chars you already started.
Instead, you'd have to create an entirely new account with a normal edition CD-key and start from scratch.

Personally, i ordered a CE for more than just the head start.
It also comes with a nice limited edition figure, a nifty concept art book and some other extra in-game goodies.

If i play WAR as long as i played DAoC, then an extra £30 isn't really something that concerns me.

Kebabthief

Fledgling Freddie
Yay. Good to see that people are receiving theirs. Shows that Play isn't just saying "tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow" to fob me off :)

Still waiting on mine though :(

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
As far as i understand it, if you buy the pre-order box you're guaranteed a spot in the "open beta" and you'll also be able to get a head start.
However, if you don't add a CE edition CD-key to your early access account when the servers open for everyone you won't be able to play the chars you already started.
Instead, you'd have to create an entirely new account with a normal edition CD-key and start from scratch.
Word.

arknor

Fledgling Freddie
I really see these early access deals as swiping as much cash as possible from people, but people feel inclined to pay if they want to have an even chance of competetiveness.
all the servers wont be up for the headstart, most of the people who dont buy the ce edition will be smart and start on one of the servers that werent available during the headstart.
headstart = wont count much , i bet most of the people who buy ce will re roll onto the other servers for the normal launch where there wont be as many CE players so there collectors edition head stands out more anyway.

people who buy it just for the headstart are wasting there money, if you dont want the physical items its a waste of money.

in the uk you could buy the pre order packs from hmv for £9.99 so most people who only want the beta code wont even bother buying the CE box

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Does murdering your local post office staff mean I will have less chance of receiving my WAR CE Code? If yes, what percentage am I looking at?

Spookie

Fledgling Freddie
Does murdering your local post office staff mean I will have less chance of receiving my WAR CE Code? If yes, what percentage am I looking at?

Well it's one of those super slim boxes so it should arrive with the rest of your mail. Fingers crossed that you have some sort of contents inside though! :(

Just spoke to play and I've been told he'll forward my query on to the promotions office. Hopefully I'll get a code today!

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
Well it's one of those super slim boxes so it should arrive with the rest of your mail. Fingers crossed that you have some sort of contents inside though! :(

Just spoke to play and I've been told he'll forward my query on to the promotions office. Hopefully I'll get a code today!
Was the DVD box still in the cellophane wrapper or had it already been opened?

That sucks.

My postie rarely arrives before 11:30 so I'm waiting for a message from home....

Spookie

Fledgling Freddie
Was the DVD box still in the cellophane wrapper or had it already been opened?

Still in the wrapper unfortunately! :(

This appears to happen with every MMO I buy, keys are missing or not been included! :s

Aurelius LH

Fledgling Freddie
Mine from Play arrived a few minute ago - intriguingl, the envelope it comes in made no mention of Play.com, instead was from Webworks Ltd of Histon, Cambridgshire, although the letter included was from Play.

@ Spookie - both the one I got from HMV and the Play one have had keys in, on the folded A4 'leaflet' in the front part of the case, you just got a totally empty case?

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah mine arrived just now in a WebWorks envelope. It is in a cellophane wrapper but told wife to leave that bit for me to do. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom