play.com pre-order pack

Ozwaldo

Fledgling Freddie
I really hope this is not a sign of an mmo that is always going to fail to deliver what it promises. I know this is play.com but it reflects on EA, GOA and Myrhic etc.

Idris

Fledgling Freddie
I think it might be more a sign of how eager we all are to get our hands on those codes. And I'm guessing no-one has got them from Play yet, or we'd have heard something

Fefner

Can't get enough of FH
Play living up to their reputation I see, :flame:

yeah i dont really like PLAY all that much, ive ordered something from there when it said it was in stock and they didnt even send it to me after 2 weeks so i had to cancel it and just popped down the local supermarket. Really hope they dont do that when the disks are ready to post.

baxyboy

Fledgling Freddie
I pre-ordered it from Play.com too... still no word on getting an email or pre-order box.

Has anyone heard anything from them yet?

Kebabthief

Fledgling Freddie
I've just noticed that the 'buy' button is no longer available. So maybe they have sold out. Either that or my crappy internet priviledges at work prevent me from seeing the button.

arknor

Fledgling Freddie
I've just noticed that the 'buy' button is no longer available. So maybe they have sold out. Either that or my crappy internet priviledges at work prevent me from seeing the button.
yea your right the button is gone just logged in to make sure im still down as preordered and i am.

maybe it means they are sending keys soon

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
Had to speak to play.com this morning about something else so asked about the pre-order codes whilst I was on the phone. The chap I was speaking to agreed that end of may seemed like the date they should have gone out so he put me on hold to 'find out'. He said they do not have the codes yet but would send them out as soon as they got them. He also said "the beta hasn't started yet though has it?" meaning the open beta phase and I said no but lots of other online only compaines in europe had already sent out the pre-order codes so why hadn't play.com? He couldn't say except that they didn't have them yet to send out. I have to say that's a little worrying, why haven't play.com got the codes if other online only places have already sent them out? I also asked if they would be emailing the codes out or sending the pre-order DVD box with a slip in it. He said they would email them out which they usually do but he wasn't so sure when I pointed out that the play.com website "appeared to be advertising" the DVD box. By this point he was reduced to silence, poor lamb. So I finished by asking "so can I assume that whenever you get codes you will send them out whatever form they are in?" and he said yes but he couldn't say when that might be when I pushed him for a date.

I feel like a proper bully now. Can I get a forum badge? :)

Nate

FH is my second home
I'm guessing it's because they needed to send the exact number required to EA, hence them bringing down the Buy option. So they've sent the details to EA, EA are now in the process of sending there required order to Play.com.

Kudos for finding out the info Dervish :)

BLayzZE

Fledgling Freddie
It never ceases to amaze me how so many companies can employ people who have absolutely no idea of the job they are supposed to be doing.

"Hold on a sec" usually means shouting all the way across an office asking if anybody knows anything, with a probable 'No' as reply, or the one positive answer is "Yes, so and so knows, but he's on holiday".

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
I'm guessing it's because they needed to send the exact number required to EA, hence them bringing down the Buy option. So they've sent the details to EA, EA are now in the process of sending there required order to Play.com.

Kudos for finding out the info Dervish :)
I think you are most likely spot on with that Nate. I'm betting the other suppliers who already sent out their allocations did so because they sold out really quickly and hence just asked for the maximum amount they were allowed. Whereas, play.com probably had a big allocation (for whole of UK and Ireland :drink:) and had some to spare at the end of May and so waited as long as possible before requesting their allotment from EA.

Could be soon then...

baxyboy

Fledgling Freddie
I certainly hope it's the proper pre-order box!

An email with the beta and live head-start codes/details would at least be something, but I pre-ordered it from there (rather than going to HMV) because they showed the box - which is what we're supposed to be given.

If it's just going to be an email, that sucks!

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie
Stop torturing yourselves, the game most likely won't be out for months yet, plenty of time :)

Aurelius LH

Fledgling Freddie
At least the response from Play is consistent - to quote the email I got a few minutes ago,

"Currently, we are still awaiting the Beta codes to be sent to us by the manufacturer. As this is the case, we regret to inform you that we will not be able to supply you with a date for your code to be sent out. However, our website will be updated with more information as soon as it is available to us."

baxyboy

Fledgling Freddie
At least the response from Play is consistent - to quote the email I got a few minutes ago,

"Currently, we are still awaiting the Beta codes to be sent to us by the manufacturer. As this is the case, we regret to inform you that we will not be able to supply you with a date for your code to be sent out. However, our website will be updated with more information as soon as it is available to us."

Thanks for that Aurelius - good to know.

Kebabthief

Fledgling Freddie
Those of you who have pre-ordered the WAR Collector's Edition from Play.com will soon be receiving your pre-order packs. All the packs have been sent out as Play.com has now completely sold out of the Collector's Edition and they should be arriving in mailboxes across the UK and Ireland in the next few days.

Those of you who haven't already pre-ordered your copy can still do so at HMV stores in the UK and Republic of Ireland but hurry, the boxes are a strictly limited edition and they are selling fast!

You can get a full listing of all the bonus items in the box as well as the pre-order rewards on our Collector's Edition page.

This was posted on war-europe on the 12th of June. I still don't have anything from play yet though. At least this should mean that the staff at Play 'should' now be in the know. I'll give them a call after 9am. :)

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah I guess it was a little premature. I imagine the thing that started it was EA Mythic sending play.com the booty. This ofc is not the same thing as play.com receiving it, checking it, reassigning it and shipping it out all of which would take some time as I imagine they will get (have got?) quite a few of those DVD cases.

crash_614

Fledgling Freddie
Has anybody heard anything further? I haven't received anything yet other than an e-mail from play basically saying "what they said was a lie but we WILL send your stuff out in the next 7-10.."

ileks

Part of the furniture
Has anybody heard anything further? I haven't received anything yet other than an e-mail from play basically saying "what they said was a lie but we WILL send your stuff out in the next 7-10.."

Nope, nothing here

Effex

Fledgling Freddie
i was a tad dumb and think i accidentaly deleted there email but if Im corrent we're on day 9 of the 7-10 days so not late yet...

not that it matters as we still dont have anywhere to enter the pre order codes yet anyway heh

crash_614

Fledgling Freddie
i was a tad dumb and think i accidentaly deleted there email but if Im corrent we're on day 9 of the 7-10 days so not late yet...

not that it matters as we still dont have anywhere to enter the pre order codes yet anyway heh

Though thats completely true.. I'm moving house a week come tomorrow!

Kebabthief

Fledgling Freddie
Has anyone got anything yet? I rang again today and they said that they've been staggering the emails out because there were so many of them. If I haven't got it by tomorrow morning to give them a call.

Apparently, they've been sending them out for the last few days, but considering that nobody on here has posted that they've received theirs, I'm guessing that's a load of crap.

Fefner

Can't get enough of FH
nope nothing here either and im expecting 2 codes, one for me and one for my brother.

Nate

FH is my second home
Couple of rumours I've read.

Apparently there coming in e-mail so check the e-mail you've signed up to with Play.com(this might not be right, but it's the rumour going around atm)

Also, if you do not receive the e-mail by 8pm tonight give them a ring and tell them. That's when they're able to put it down as not received(and not before that time) and they should be able to sort it out.

absolute

Fledgling Freddie
still haven't received mine either...

one question - if / when i get my code does anyone know when the open beta is starting ??

thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom