play.com pre-order pack

nyght

Fledgling Freddie
Thank you Kebabthief thats great news :) lets hope they live up to thier name.

*steals his kebab back*
Nothing to see here.. move along.

Kebabthief

Fledgling Freddie
It's typical that they're getting sent out just before I move house and won't have t'internet for a couple of weeks. Would be really nice to give it a blast beforehand though, if not only to have a quick fix.

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
It's typical that they're getting sent out just before I move house and won't have t'internet for a couple of weeks. Would be really nice to give it a blast beforehand though, if not only to have a quick fix.
Err getting the pre-order pack doesn't mean you'll be starting to play any time soon. You still have to wait for open beta and that's probably months away yet.

Kebabthief

Fledgling Freddie
Err getting the pre-order pack doesn't mean you'll be starting to play any time soon. You still have to wait for open beta and that's probably months away yet.

That makes me feel better. I hate to know that I'm missing out on something :D

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
Had a look on my play.com account, still just marked as pre-oredered. Hasn't shipped. :(

Kebabthief

Fledgling Freddie
Meh. Still nothing in my email. I'll give them another call tomorrow when I'm bored at work :eek7:

I'm thinking that they may have got confused with AoC early access (considering that today was when that got sent out).

It would still say pre-order on the play.com website as it's just an email that they're sending out.

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
It would still say pre-order on the play.com website as it's just an email that they're sending out.
Ah you sure about that? They specifically show an image of the pre-order DVD case (which has the codes insert inside) on the product page. I'm sure I read that other online retailers have sent out the same DVD case, particularly from EU countries.

Guyton

Fledgling Freddie
basing my experience of Play.com in regards to beta and early access to Age of Conan they have e-mailed links in keys in time but only just, only got a two day window to register the early access key before it was closed.

So that fact that I haven't got any e-mails or dvd probably means we are not that close to open beta yet - damn it! ;)

But I can understand the frustration, I can't believe how excited I am now about open beta access and I want everything now.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Play.com still beats amazon who plain didn't bother sending them out in time :)

Kebabthief

Fledgling Freddie
Ah you sure about that? They specifically show an image of the pre-order DVD case (which has the codes insert inside) on the product page. I'm sure I read that other online retailers have sent out the same DVD case, particularly from EU countries.

That's what the guy said earlier this week - that it was just an email and that nothing was being posted. (I enquired about this due to moving house).

I have called again today and sadly my suspicions are confirmed. The CS rep that I spoke to earlier had got it confused with AoC early access key. WAR open beta keys are being sent out in late May and said that the beta should be starting in "the summer". Their vagueness make me think that they probably know as much as I do.

crash_614

Fledgling Freddie
still havent had my key. Gonna call them on the 27th or so. Bloody bank holidays :<

crash_614

Fledgling Freddie
still, we'll have to wait a long while for the actual beta anyway.

And i wont be holding my breath on the 31st, call me a skeptic or cynic, but i dunno. Just seems fishy to me!
Either way, getting the keys is just 1 step closer on what could well be a marathon..

crash_614

Fledgling Freddie
Upon more thought, this seems like a real big blag to me.
Sending out keys on a Saturday? Pull the other one!
We'll see tomorrow I guess but really..

Nate

FH is my second home
Upon more thought, this seems like a real big blag to me.
Sending out keys on a Saturday? Pull the other one!
We'll see tomorrow I guess but really..
Pressing the send/receive button isn't that difficult :p not like it can't be done on Saturday!

Idris

Fledgling Freddie
here's hoping it'll be today, but am likewise sceptical about it since we have no real news on the open beta timing

Bethor

Fledgling Freddie
I gave them a ring and they said they are in the process of being sent out.

Fester Addams

Fledgling Freddie
Unlike most buisnesses an MMO's most active time is weekends and vacations.

This is when players have time to play and thus this is when the staff will be busiest.

My guess is that MMO companies have started to learn this and employ their staff with this in mind (or I hope so).

Besides, setting upp a script that sends out mails 3, 4 days or even 100 years from now is not really hard, in all probability they have been working on who is to get in and the actual sendout is done automatically in a mass mailing at a specific date and time.

crash_614

Fledgling Freddie
Unlike most buisnesses an MMO's most active time is weekends and vacations.

This is when players have time to play and thus this is when the staff will be busiest.

My guess is that MMO companies have started to learn this and employ their staff with this in mind (or I hope so).

Besides, setting upp a script that sends out mails 3, 4 days or even 100 years from now is not really hard, in all probability they have been working on who is to get in and the actual sendout is done automatically in a mass mailing at a specific date and time.

thats all true, but play are the ones sending out the keys :p

arknor

Fledgling Freddie
it wouldnt suprise me if play are not sending out any keys until they know just how many copys of the CE edition they will actually get so they dont end up with customers getting pre order keys and them not having enough of the actual CE edition to fufill all the pre orders.

by the amount of pre order packs in all the hmv stores i reckon alot more pre order packs for the ce edition have been made than the number of ce editions are planned

crash_614

Fledgling Freddie
well, no key as of 19.30 on the 31st. Obviously not happening today.
I don't mind not having one yet, nor am I even vaguely surprised. What really annoys me is that we were lied to. If you don't know you'll be able to do something by a given time, why give the time?
Stupid, and disappointing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom