play.com pre-order pack

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
anyone got theirs yet or have heard from play when they gonna get it?

ileks

Part of the furniture
No nothing here. Iirc some people were saying around May. Not to fussed either way, I doubt open beta will start before September.

Stalkz

Fledgling Freddie
Got 2 copies on Pre-Order since it went up, havent had anything back on either of them...

guess its just the waiting game

chrislocalboy

Fledgling Freddie
Nope nothing here either, but like someone said I'm sure I've also heard May mentioned.

I would be nice of them to send out a mail to everyone who has ordered it just letting us know..... seeing as the Americans get theirs straight away!

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
I was also thinking of posting pretty much this exact same thing. I think the May link comes from the Play.com website where it says:

Play.com said:
Pre-Order bonuses (available from May - or when the BETA begins):

which means I think we won't be seeing it for a while. I for one would certainly be happier if I had the pre-order box in my hands right now but maybe the only people in EU who have received them where those people who paid the £5 or so for JUST the pre-order pack (think of amazon.de). At this point of course Play.com haven't taken any money from us whereas amazon.de have. Presumably though Play.com still won't have billed us for the CE when they do send the pre-order in May or whenever. But if they need to get the pre-order box to us in time for open beta then they will have to send it without having billed us for the CE so who knows what they're going to do?

Any input here IainC?

Kremlik

Fledgling Freddie
Nothing here, yet i'm not expecting it until theres a firm beta accouncement for Mythic

chrispy

It's my birthday today!
warhammer is on pre-order at play.com.release date 29/09/2008.
It will cost £59.99.

so i will not be gettting this game at that price,call it 60 plus subs to rich for me im affraid.

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
tbh if it turns out im enjoying AoC chance mine will end up on ebay and ill just get a normal edition will have to see if AoC holds ma interest

60 quid is alot and tbh unless you a hardcore fan theres not much point in getting it cos you prob wont appreciate all the goodies only generic reason to buy it is headstart

Kremlik

Fledgling Freddie
warhammer is on pre-order at play.com.release date 29/09/2008.
It will cost £59.99.

so i will not be gettting this game at that price,call it 60 plus subs to rich for me im affraid.

go for the £20 option then, it's not like the CED is the only option... it's not mircsoft selling windows to you :)

Eloran

Fledgling Freddie
go for the £20 option then, it's not like the CED is the only option... it's not mircsoft selling windows to you :)

Vista Collector's Edition - 50% more than the US version and only available through our 1 trusted reseller (so we can keep the cost high). Go on you know you want it, its got a microsoft logo mousemat and everything!

Im not a big microsoft fan but why knock them? Last I looked they didnt regionalise their software so they could profiteer from Europeans.

And yes since Game cancelled my order for a £40 CE I will be getting a bog standard cheapo edition on release assuming AoC is no good

Kremlik

Fledgling Freddie
the way i see it 'access to beta' is a wasted thing, you'll get what like a few weeks of open beta then character wipes.. the real gem of the deal is the early access less damn ppl trying to camp the same mob to prgress in the questing, yet... why quest at all? RVR AT THE WAY!

And silverhand if you don't want the model GIV! as really tbh thats all i want :)

arknor

Fledgling Freddie
the way i see it 'access to beta' is a wasted thing, you'll get what like a few weeks of open beta then character wipes.. the real gem of the deal is the early access less damn ppl trying to camp the same mob to prgress in the questing, yet... why quest at all? RVR AT THE WAY!

And silverhand if you don't want the model GIV! as really tbh thats all i want :)
3 day headstart isnt much alone imo, the knowledge from beeing on in the beta is worth far more, it could make that 3 day headstart be more like a weeks headstart over the people who havent been in the beta and just get the regular version.

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
3 day headstart isnt much alone imo, the knowledge from beeing on in the beta is worth far more, it could make that 3 day headstart be more like a weeks headstart over the people who havent been in the beta and just get the regular version.
Depends why a headstart is valuable to you. If you want a better chance of bagging a char name or guild name it is good. If it is just to be a "hey stroke my epeen i'm the first gimp on the server to reach rank 40" then no headstart is long enough. I guess most of us are somewhere in between..;)

chrislocalboy

Fledgling Freddie
Depends why a headstart is valuable to you. If you want a better chance of bagging a char name or guild name it is good. If it is just to be a "hey stroke my epeen i'm the first gimp on the server to reach rank 40" then no headstart is long enough. I guess most of us are somewhere in between..;)

Not interested in levels at all, just think it will be good to see the live game before a hell of a lot of other people and enjoy it before it bcomes massively crowed because it's going to be a roaring success!!

Try and clear the starter areas before the rush so were not all after the same low level mobs ;)

nyght

Fledgling Freddie
heya.

I pre-ordered 2 copys of Warhammer online today from Play.com.

As you can guess its pritty sickening to see that other people have managed to get codes and some havent. I just hope Play.com live up to their name. Ive ordered games in the past and everything has been fine. But this is the first time ive ordered and a "beta key" has been involved.

I'll keep watching this forum cause it seems like the only place people are actually talking about play.com (UK). I'll post if I get anything you guys havent.

nyght

crash_614

Fledgling Freddie
Play.com beta keys

I saw on the American WAR website that once you order the CE you'll probably receive your key within 7 days (incidentally, does anyone else think the American site is so much better in general than the UK/European one?)
So, I ordered mine on the 27th of april from play, and having seen afterwards on the website that they were "available from may" i was getting a bit worried.
After combining the two bits of info, I waited just over a week and would give play a call if I didn't yet have a key. This is the news I bring.

The jolly Irishman on the phone said: "The keys'll be sent out towards th' end of May there, ye'll get wun by ye' e-mayel aroond that tyme. Is that okaie?"

So, there you have it. End of May.

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
thxs for that update crash sure many ppl will breathe a sigh of relief :)

Talivar

Part of the furniture
sigh of relief?:p if they send near end of may we will be to late for headstart lol

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie
sigh of relief?:p if they send near end of may we will be to late for headstart lol

Numpty, it's not likely to open for a while yet :)

What im wondering is why everyone is so involved in getting a key to a door that is probably 3-5 months from opening :)

Bahumat

FH is my second home
I saw on the American WAR website that once you order the CE you'll probably receive your key within 7 days (incidentally, does anyone else think the American site is so much better in general than the UK/European one?)
So, I ordered mine on the 27th of april from play, and having seen afterwards on the website that they were "available from may" i was getting a bit worried.
After combining the two bits of info, I waited just over a week and would give play a call if I didn't yet have a key. This is the news I bring.

The jolly Irishman on the phone said: "The keys'll be sent out towards th' end of May there, ye'll get wun by ye' e-mayel aroond that tyme. Is that okaie?"

So, there you have it. End of May.

I love the quote, you nailed the spelling!

Talivar

Part of the furniture
Im stupid i was on about AOC and the pre order keys ppl waitinf ro from play lol. My bad:)

crash_614

Fledgling Freddie
I love the quote, you nailed the spelling!

why thank you :D

Still no more news so far about the keys. I'll post here as/if and when i get mine. Though the new PCGamer UK came out today, and has a 2 page preview of WAR within its hallowed pages. Might be worth a look.

wutae

One of Freddy's beloved
I would like to add that the following shops in Greece got the normal preorder pack ( a cd case with no cd inside and instead it has 3 cd keys )

????? ?????? ???? - Plaisio Computers <--plaisio
Ðáðáóùôçñßïõ - Ç Äéåýèõíóç ôçò Ãíþóçò! <--papasotiriou
FNAC: âéâëßá, cd, dvd, ôå÷íïëïãßá <-- fnac

If you can't read the text. dont worry others can. its the stupid greek encoding the greek sites use.

I went the first day to papasotiriou to preorder 3 cd keys and got informed that it ordered about 600 keys for 3 of the shops. 200 each. that happened before 2-3 weeks if i remember correctly.
i arrived @ the second day and i was the second one who got the preorder pack.
On the other hand , as i am a crazy person, when i went to the same famous stournari street to get the TBC expansion @ 00:00 i saw about 300 people.
I guess WAR is not that famous to the non community people. Who cluelessly are focusing so much on a game that is so immature after 3years?

Kebabthief

Fledgling Freddie
I called Play.com today to further enquire about an ETA. The CS rep said that some had been sent out today. Everybody should have theirs' by the 15th of May.

I'm not sure if we'll be able to get on immediately, but it will be nice to finally have the key.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom