play.com pre-order pack

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
no we don't no yet regarding open beta but guild beta is scheduled for July

ileks

Part of the furniture
Still nothing in my inbox.

As for open beta, i reckon around late August (complete guess).

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
Chimps at a tea party.

Just called again and after being on hold the woman agreed that I should have already got my code. She also agreed about that recent email saying I should have got it by today (July 1st) at the latest. She says she can't understand why I haven't got it and there are a few "issues". She seemed to think they had sent some out over that 7-10 day period referenced in that recent email.

She was going to send an internal email to the promotions department and said they should send my codes out within 48 hours.

Somehow I really do not like the idea of some dude in the promo depatment being hassled to send me out my code individually. Shouldn't codes and emails be matched to each of us in a database or something? At least so we can request the codes again if we lose the email. I don't want them spamming me out something under pressure and then play.com getting the same phone calls all week and promo dude sending out the same codes to loads of people by mistake. I fear the scenario of typing my codes in nearer the time only to find that they are already regisitered with no time to sort it out.

None of this breeds any confidence in me whatsoever and to be honest I'm fed up with all the different excuses I've heard on the phone from play.com. I've never had the same answer twice and no-one there ever truly seems to know what is going on.

HMV in Southampton had 4 pre-order boxes on the shelf at the weekend. I'm seriously considering buying one if I don't get this bloody email from play.com before then. Surely it shouldn't be like this? Anyone else actually got the mythical email from play.com?

advocacy

Fledgling Freddie
done the codes come in an empty dvd box (they actually post em out) purely to stop 10 people being assigned the same code

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
done the codes come in an empty dvd box (they actually post em out) purely to stop 10 people being assigned the same code
There has never been any clarity on this issue from play.com. About the only thing they have agreed on over a few phone calls is that they are going to be emailed out.

Nate

FH is my second home
Just spoke to them on the phone myself she said she'd received an e-mail saying that there being sent by post and we should receive them during the week.

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
An email in the post? :p

Right now I'd believe anything, thanks for the follow up Nate. Seriously though I'd really much rather have the DVD case thing tbh.

arknor

Fledgling Freddie
an email saying there beeing sent by post :S

probably turn up in a few weeks after getting stuck in royal mails glorious postal service :england:

Nate

FH is my second home
Aye the Play.com member of Staff had received an e-mail from her boss telling her that we as Customers will receive the Pre-Orders by post during this week.

advocacy

Fledgling Freddie
not really related to the play.com thing as such but is to the warhammer CE... does anyone know if thew mousepad designs being voted on at warhammer alliance an other sites is the ones we will get with the CE or are they just for general retail

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
not really related to the play.com thing as such but is to the warhammer CE... does anyone know if thew mousepad designs being voted on at warhammer alliance an other sites is the ones we will get with the CE or are they just for general retail
I wondered that too but assumed that the CE mat will be limited edition like the rest of the CE.

Kebabthief

Fledgling Freddie
Just called again and after being on hold the woman agreed that I should have already got my code. She also agreed about that recent email saying I should have got it by today (July 1st) at the latest. She says she can't understand why I haven't got it and there are a few "issues". She seemed to think they had sent some out over that 7-10 day period referenced in that recent email.

She was going to send an internal email to the promotions department and said they should send my codes out within 48 hours.

I had the exact same conversation yesterday. Surely they realise that people collaborate and we know that no-one that has oredered from Play has them yet.

advocacy

Fledgling Freddie
i think most people have had that conversation tbh. nothing will happen until the people in charge of shipping get round to it. i wish i lived close to a hmv (nearest one is 40 odd miles away) because then i could just pick up a copy and be done with the hastle.

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie
I had the exact same conversation yesterday. Surely they realise that people collaborate and we know that no-one that has oredered from Play has them yet.

No-one that reads this forum you mean, thats, what, 50ish out of how many thousands of pre-orders?

It might be done in waves and other players may have them, but no-one who reads this or has posted to that effect.

Deadweight89

Fledgling Freddie
just out of interest... what is everyone planning on doing with their codes once they have received them?

apart from laminating them ofc

rynnor

Rockhound
just out of interest... what is everyone planning on doing with their codes once they have received them?

Sell em on ebay surely then send the lucky winner the code 'IRF00ked111' :p

Spookie

Fledgling Freddie

Just spoke to someone who informed me they received them on the 1st but have to dispatch 50k boxes so all pre-orders should be fulfilled, sort of, by the end of the week.

Sticking them next to my DAoC & WoW collectors editions. :p

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
being thankful we actually have them would be nice right now

arknor

Fledgling Freddie
Just spoke to someone who informed me they received them on the 1st but have to dispatch 50k boxes so all pre-orders should be fulfilled, sort of, by the end of the week.
so play.com got 50k of the 55k collectors editions made for the whole of europe? :lol:

Linnet

Fledgling Freddie
50k collectors editions for the UK? I roll to disbelieve ;P

BLayzZE

Fledgling Freddie
:lol: In other words nobody @ play.com has any idea what's happening, so they make something up to keep people quiet. Total Bullshit.!

Idris

Fledgling Freddie
Yes, I'm actually getting a bit concerned now. It's gone on too long, and I kind of want a proper response from someone.

Let's not forget War-Europe posted on June 12th to say they were being sent out (whether to or from Play is kind of irrelevant, that's 3 weeks ago)

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Althought I paid for it, im not overly fussed about how long its taking.

RTC

Fledgling Freddie
I received mine this morning. Sadly no disc with client (more big downloads)

Also i see no way to upgrade registration of account on war site to enter code, and when you go to put it in following the links it asks you to make a new account.

No additional help available does anyone know if open beta is even live yet or should i just wait before having to go through the annoyance of making a new account.

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
It has been very clear for ages that the pre-order stuff is either an email with codes or an EMPTY DVD case with codes on a card. There never was going to be a client DVD in the case because the client is no where being finished, it is still in BETA after all.

There is nowhere to enter your details on the war-europe.com website yet and we will be told when that section becomes available.

Open beta also has not been announced yet. The guild beta that precedes open beta hasn't even started yet.

In short you can do nothing with the pre-order pack yet. Details on how to will be made very public when they are available.

A quick search of this forum would have given you all these answers too. It's dotted around I admit but there is lots of good info here, lots of official info too from Community Managers (IainC and MagnusK) if people would only just use the search facility. ;)

Anyway welcome to FreddysHouse. :drink:

RTC

Fledgling Freddie
thanks for the info have to say it was not clear to me regarding the codes never read anything about it sorry for taking the trouble to register and post here i wont be doing it again.

C

Cat1982

Hello :)

1st time poster but long time lurker (well 3 months or so)

Hi just wanted to confirm i received my pre-order box this morn, exactly the same as the ones they sell in HMV with a little cover letter saying it is their pleasure to post it to me

I received no emails from them whatsoever before them posting it, not even the "coming in 7-10 days" one that a see a fair few of you got

whatever the case they have been sent and i'm sure urs will be with u by now or tomorrow :)

getting excited that we might be seeing open beta next month if the ball is rolling now but maybe they should wait til sept and when the kids go back to school :flame:

take care

xxx

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie
1st time poster but long time lurker (well 3 months or so)

Hi just wanted to confirm i received my pre-order box this morn, exactly the same as the ones they sell in HMV with a little cover letter saying it is their pleasure to post it to me

I received no emails from them whatsoever before them posting it, not even the "coming in 7-10 days" one that a see a fair few of you got

whatever the case they have been sent and i'm sure urs will be with u by now or tomorrow :)

getting excited that we might be seeing open beta next month if the ball is rolling now but maybe they should wait til sept and when the kids go back to school :flame:

take care

xxx

Welcome :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom