Planetside 2...

Athan

Resident Freddy
I got into the beta today, but some bugginess is stopping me from actually getting in-game.

Downloaded+installed, ran the first time, selected a faction and toon, ended up in some lobby space. Hit ESC, was starting to look over control options and thinking I should set up a G600 profile for it, when *bam* I'm kicked out. Now, whether the initial screen gets to 80% or 98% I get kicked out with a 'G4' error.

So, anyone actually managing to play this right now? It should be up according to their schedule.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
havent played in a while, really didnt grab me, possibly the friendly fire + retards was a part of that, but :/

will check it again when its progressed a bit :(

Pertan

Can't get enough of FH
I got in yesterday for the beta and the game is okay but this really is a game where you need people to game with.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
havent played in a while, really didnt grab me, possibly the friendly fire + retards was a part of that, but :/

will check it again when its progressed a bit :(
It will settle down when it release, said retards will get mobbed until they either stop or ragequit. They never seem to think far enough that FF works on them to.

Athan

Resident Freddy
Aha, I'd fiddled Comodo PFW with respect to PS2 and screwed it up as evidenced by the spam when I checked blocked connections. Sooo, one 'Allow all TCP/UDP in and out for this program' rule later and I got to play last night.

Still getting used to things, and really need to read up on how certifications work, not to mention the whole vehicles thing (could sometimes only spawn the 4x4, other times a tank... and the one time I found an air vehicle terminal I didn't seem able to interact with it), but it seemed fun.

And indeed definitely will want to squad up and play with team-mates over proper VOIP.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
You need resources to spawn vehicles, you can see what you have on the bottom left side of the screen, and you see what each vehicle cost when you try to spawn one.

You get more simply by capturing bases, outposts and towers. The more your side own the faster you gain resources.

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
Tried it out today - could end up being very addictive although I suck a bit :D

But finding it very confusing and need to learn to tell the enemies from friendlies so I can shoot them faster :D

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
I've been in for a few weeks but haven't been able to play much. The game is literally melting my PC :(

Ormorof

FH is my second home
i played a bit yesterday got killed a lot, im having some difficulty working out who is an enemy and who isnt (generally by the time im close enough im also dead)

Athan

Resident Freddy
Yeah, they could do with the 'friendly' tag always being on players, not with a delay sometimes as happens, that way you'd be sure the non-tagged player is an enemy.

It doesn't help when the enemy doesn't open fire immediately either. Had one hilarious bit yesterday when I saw a player without friendly tag, but there were two other friendlies right with me, and none of the four of us opened fire immediately. I popped a single shot at him to see if I got the text about friendly fire, didn't, and then all hell broke loose with the poor enemy guy getting shredded to bits.

I guess you're expected to know exactly what all the faction/class combinations look like at all distances....

Poag

m00?
i played a bit yesterday got killed a lot, im having some difficulty working out who is an enemy and who isnt (generally by the time im close enough im also dead)
Q is the "spot" button. Tap it over someone and see if they turn red... might help!

Ormorof

FH is my second home
yeah it doesnt help that i have no idea what my own faction looks like either :p

ah well live and learn or rather, respawn and learn :)

Athan

Resident Freddy
Q is the "spot" button. Tap it over someone and see if they turn red... might help!
Yes, I've been making use of that, but it's that extra bit of workload for something that should be automatic (after all, in such a high tech world where you CAN see friendly name and health, surely the whole thing is IFF'd up the wazoo...).

Athan

Resident Freddy
Joined a squad last night that insisted on voice comms and the game opened up. It's so much more fun when you have defined goals and objectives and work together in things like a Liberator (pilot, front/ground gunner and rear gunner on VS faction), as opposed to running around solo and trying to mind-read your team mates.

Well-organised squads/platoons will rule this game. I was helping attack one big facility at one point, gave up after 20 minutes when neither side was pushing (and if I pushed I inevitably just caused the enemy to flank me)... then came back an hour or more later to the same spot and I swear we were only just capping the thing with no prior change. All it needed was a vaguely co-ordinated push and we'd have had it an hour sooner.

Xandax

Loyal Freddie

Has that as well; but I can feel the more time I spend prowling around, the faster I start to recognize others. With more practice, it's gonna be easier and easier.
Still die a lot, but am starting to get more kills than first day :D

Fefner

Can't get enough of FH
Been playing this pretty good fun just like the 1st one, anyone got a beta key for my brother that anyone does not want?

Poag

m00?
got 5 buddy keys this morning.

H39A4DNRD4E9CA96G9ZC
MMTDAN6TEP6X7A6JJTTR
AADADR99F6EJFN9477RD
AM2RM63N9X7R6T429DK4
DEZX4PMF49KD9JZ36XH6

go go go

Himse

FH is my second home
Is this F2P? Saw a stream of it last night and it looked kinda fun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom