Planetside 2...

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Downloaded, created on woodman vanu, ran around for an hour, managed to shoot one person, realised I would need to play for hours to unlock just the next weapon, logged out.

Does not sound like the biggest of losses for the game populace.

Himse

FH is my second home
Really liking this.

Probably going to look for an outfit soon enough, playing on your own can be a little dry.

Urgat

Part of the furniture
lol you know the weapons are sidegrades ?
and wtf were you doing for an hour to kill 1 person ?

Nop, didn't know that. New to the game, didn't play the first one etcetera

Running around trying to find a fight, actually. <shrug>

Guess I need some pointers...

Urgat

Part of the furniture
Does not sound like the biggest of losses for the game populace.

Yeah, sorry that I am new and not as leet as you are, don't worry about offering advice on how I can improve though, just troll me instead.. That will be more helpful.

Some fuckin wankers on these boards, jeez.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
thats fine, you just came across as "i dont know what im doing so its shit" :p

Himse

FH is my second home
Didn't mean it to. The game seems great, it is me that is clearly shit. :)

Honestly, just do a little read up on some bits, this game is very good.

Once every 10 minutes you can deploy right into the fight, if not, generally just head for border of your occupied zone and you'll find people.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
I only play casually, to find a fight I click on the buttons where it says "Instant action" on the map interface. You get deployed in a pod from space and land in the general area where fighting takes place

Mabs

if in doubt, defend The Crown when its avail, shooting fish in a barrel doesnt even come close

Docmandu

Regular Freddie
I only play casually, to find a fight I click on the buttons where it says "Instant action" on the map interface. You get deployed in a pod from space and land in the general area where fighting takes place

Indeed.. but mostly you land between 10 enemy tanks and die faster than the pod drop lasted :)

But anyway, finding a massive battle isn't that hard.. there's always enough Sunderers around with AMS you can spawn into.

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Yeah, sorry that I am new and not as leet as you are, don't worry about offering advice on how I can improve though, just troll me instead.. That will be more helpful.

Some fuckin wankers on these boards, jeez.

Why the angry face? It was the attitude you presented, it did not seem as if someone were looking for any advice. I'd help out anyone that gives the impression of wanting help.

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
if in doubt, defend The Crown when its avail, shooting fish in a barrel doesnt even come close

The same can go if attacking the Crown.
Just did a 47/6 streak when NC attacked VS at Crown on Ceres.

Mabs

next friday, 21st, reportedly the triple station cash day, ie : you buy 1000, you get 3000

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Does anyone have a guide explaining the character roles in this?

Mabs

er, how do you mean? or what do you want to know ? :)

Bahumat

FH is my second home
er, how do you mean? or what do you want to know ? :)

I was just curious as to what roles each class plays. I know that sounds silly, but I thought in the original you had assassins and they could stealth into bases to hack into things? I wondered what roles the classes had, or is it just a matter of "light infantry has weaker, more mobile abilities/weapons than a heavy infantry".

Athan

Resident Freddy
In way of a bump I'll just state I'm still enjoying playing this. Even took advantage of the 3x station cash promo to turn buying 1000 into 3000. I've joined a great outfit ( http://252ndspecops.enjin.com/home ) and have been having a blast.

Still mostly playing Engineer, but I've certed up Light Assault a little too for those times when you just need to leap over walls or up levels to make progress. Started fitting out my Lightning too.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I stopped playing.

It lost some of the connected-worlds feel of the original for me, tbh.

To be fair, I didn't give it very long. It just didn't grab me.

Poag

m00?
I stopped playing.

It lost some of the connected-worlds feel of the original for me, tbh.

To be fair, I didn't give it very long. It just didn't grab me.
I too have stopped. It feels like a continuous battle of grand proportions...yes

But it feels like it goes nowhere, theres also not much more to defending facilities than pilling more bodies into it. They need to readd some of the PS1 elements.

Namely nanite power for each base, with an ANT aswell!
A fourth continent, they then need to put all the continents into a chain, so that you can only push onto a continent when you have capture the link facility (which wont be the warpgate) and have a chain running from it back to your warp gate.

Bases need to eventually run out of resources (nanite power) to spawn more players rapidly, resulting in longer and longer spawn times. Sunderers can still go at full speed.
The defenders either have to run in more power or face the longer timers.

Its kinda sad really that PS2 has lost ~66% of the its player hours Graph since launch

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
it feels like it goes nowhere

That was ultimately why I stopped playing PS1 tbfh. It needs an endgame scenario. Something to fight for, rather than just fight.

But you're right with all the above tbfh. Quick movememnt between continents is another biggie. It just doesn't feel like a world - it feels like a series of easy skirmishes.

"the player can fight where he wants, when he wants"...

fuck that - the player needs to earn his place on that continent - and he needs to go through the fucking jumpgate to get there.

Little things...

Mabs

i still play occasionaly, and like the game, just dont like the "server quiet, server quiet, server quiet, LOL 32984329048329 Russians in one zerg"

Athan

Resident Freddy
Bases need to eventually run out of resources (nanite power) to spawn more players rapidly, resulting in longer and longer spawn times. Sunderers can still go at full speed.
The defenders either have to run in more power or face the longer timers.
Sensible defenders simply spawn a Sunderer inside shields and ignore the base spawn penalty ....

Poag

m00?
Sensible defenders simply spawn a Sunderer inside shields and ignore the base spawn penalty ....
Being someone who used to jump down inside the base with C4 and blow up this sunderers. I approve this message.

More seriously tho, those sunderers are vulnerable, a couple of lights who are on a mission can spoil them fairly simply. The spawn towers aren't, even tho people have to cross open ground, its still fairly easy to get back inside under most circumstances as a light/inf, and then retool from one of the internal base terminals.

Mabs

i cant believe that they put in the barricades to stop people getting sunderers up the stairs inside the tech plants, awesome spawn location was awesome

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom