Planetside 2...

Aada

Part of the furniture
Also heavy infantry carry both an LMG and heat seeking rocket launcher, where does that leave MAX as a heavy support unit? if i have 1 infantry weapon and 1 AA weapon equipped that cuts my already pathetic damage by a huge amount, it's very early days yet though and i'm hoping MAX get some massive love or i see no point in a unit when another unit classed as heavy support has all the tools to do the job better.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Still denying the fact that you've got the whole thing wrong?

You're trying to solo in something that wasn't meant for soloing in a game that actually punish you for soloing!

The game couldn't care less what you as a solo player can or can't do. It cares about what the squad you are in do, it cares about what your platoon do, it cares about what the outfit you're in do, it cares about what your faction do.

Teamwork matters, solo players (MAX or no MAX) doesn't.

Aada

Part of the furniture
I play in a squad all the time, that still doesn't stop me from coming across enemies myself while clearing a building, or being at the front line which is what a MAX is for right? front line heavy assault?

Team work aside for a second and think about class balance and what a MAX should be as a role, front line heavy infantry support right? well when you have heavy infantry doing the same job with better armour and better weapons you start to wonder what the point in the actual class is.

Still, you skipped all the points i mentioned and went straight for the solo argument great job :D

Poag

m00?
TBH, MAX suits were one man armies back in PS1s old days and were pretty much the reason I stopped playing originally, being constantly mowed down by TR pounders when a door opened for half a second (they would just continuously fire at doors) was incredibly boring as so much "skill". Them being brought down to heavy weapon emplacements/mobile turrets (i'm sure they carry much more ammo than a regular infantry ever will) is fine by me. Tanks are being properly balanced up to have anti xyz roles.

Sounds all good to me so far, but dont forget, certs will probably make a big difference.

Cyradix

FH is my second home
Yeah, but you'll automatically be in all the next tests too...

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
quick question, how the fuck do you change class? answers on a postcard :(

cant find any machines or anything:\

Aada

Part of the furniture
Machines aren't shown on the map at the moment /suicide in chat then you can select. Until you find a terminal.

Cyradix

FH is my second home
quick question, how the fuck do you change class? answers on a postcard :(

cant find any machines or anything:\

Can't remember the name, but at the spawnpoints there are consoles where you can modify your weapons and resupply ammo and grenades etc. You can also pick a different class there...

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
Can't remember the name, but at the spawnpoints there are consoles where you can modify your weapons and resupply ammo and grenades etc. You can also pick a different class there...
yea found one in the end cheers
was suffering from "how the fuck do walk/jump/run/get a vehicle" :(

Aada

Part of the furniture
Did you have fun last night? i didn't get time to play.

mank!

Part of the furniture
How the fuck do people get beta invites? I keep being told I'll get one as a PS1 veteran but I've seen nothing. I'm itching to try it.

Poag

m00?
I've got a PS1 account and a PCG key and didn't get any invites. Same for 3 of my mates.

That said none of us could get the "system spec" thing to ever work no matter what browser we sued.

mank!

Part of the furniture
I've got a PS1 account and a PCG key and didn't get any invites. Same for 3 of my mates.

That said none of us could get the "system spec" thing to ever work no matter what browser we sued.
I had the same problem with the system spec thing as well.

balls

edit: I tried again using IE and it worked. Now I just need a beta key.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/07/14/everything-you-need-to-know-about-planetside-2s-beta/

PlanetSide 1 vets will be first in line. However, SOE notes that “we’re not going to be opening the floodgates by inviting all of the thousands of PlanetSide veterans on day 1, but you are still the highest priority to get invites as we expand the testing circle out.” After that, priority beta keys – ala those handed out in a recent PC Gamer competition – will be your golden ticket into SOE’s magical murder factory, with basic keys from devs or E3 unlocking shortly after.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I got an invite for it a few days ago, didnt register for it yet tho :O still got 10 RPGS to play on my ps1/2 emulators.

Cyradix

FH is my second home
They are still calling it the technical test in preperation for the closed beta on the forum at the moment. I guess the closed beta will include the PS1 vets...

Aada

Part of the furniture
Well right now guys don't be too annoyed if you don't have an invite the Technical Test is just that, testing the servers and patcher etc the things that make Planetside what it is aren't even in the game yet, certs,implants etc and they haven't given any indication yet on the forum's as to when they will move onto closed beta.

Plenty of time don't worry :)

Poag

m00?
So. Whos in? Where?

I'm on Beta3 playing NC at the moment. Do we have a FreddySquad running?

Sneakers<>Matriarch

One of Freddy's beloved
So. Whos in? Where?

I'm on Beta3 playing NC at the moment. Do we have a FreddySquad running?

I'm 99.9% on Eu1 server playing NC, named Sneakers :)

I am in an outfit so if you feel lonley we got 200 ppl to keep you company ;d

Vae

Resident Freddy
I'm in Beta but not playing much. Hoping the old Barrysquad makes a reappearance! I believe that Yoni mentioned Dex was planning to start an outfit again but haven't heard anything more. I also want more of Jup's galaxy flying skills and more arguments with FreakyRAA/MrBlacky

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
How's the beta looking? (not that I really have the time to play these days)

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
They haven't set up an outfit for beta but Dex has said he will for live. If the memory leakage problems continue however I'll not be playing. Certainly not buying a new pc just for this!

Xtro

One of Freddy's beloved
Got invited to the beta yesterday. Hi Yoni btw :eek:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom