Paladin.

Gotrag

Fledgling Freddie
So what i would like to know is what RA's I should get on my S/S Paladin playing on a pvp server and Is 8L3 just curious as to your suggestion on what RA's would be good, solo 90% of the time.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Gotrag said:
So what i would like to know is what RA's I should get on my S/S Paladin playing on a pvp server and Is 8L3 just curious as to your suggestion on what RA's would be good, solo 90% of the time.

You got Legolah's Paladin, or less likely NLS?

As its Camlann i would suggest

Purge 2
IP 2 (will help against reaver's, soon to be thane and valk DD procs plus those damn stun casters hehe)
Mastery of Block 3
Mastery of Parry 3
Mastery of Pain 3

you have 13 points left, you could get Avoidance of Magic 3 which is pretty sweet, however the CL resists are also very nice, im guessing you wont be buffed so the CL buffs and Avoidance of Magic makes a nice pairing.

If you dont want that then i would probably go MOB4 instead of 3

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
Bahumat said:
If you dont want that then i would probably go MOB4 instead of 3

Dex 3 mob3 will increase your block rate more than mob4, while at the same time increasing your slam damage and WS (to increase slam to hit). I would suggest adding longwind 1 aswell.

Righthandof

Fledgling Freddie
Ballard said:
Dex 3 mob3 will increase your block rate more than mob4, while at the same time increasing your slam damage and WS (to increase slam to hit). I would suggest adding longwind 1 aswell.

afaik thats not true. mob4 will slightly give more chance to block than mob3+dex3, and also dex is NOT increasing slam damage or WS - they both pend on 100% strength. :flame:

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
Righthandof said:
and also dex is NOT increasing slam damage or WS - they both pend on 100% strength. :flame:

You most certainly are not right there, search back in the forums for plenty of discussion, the conclusion is always your Mainhand WS does not effect your slamming % and shield damage.

Shield damage is determined by dex alone. Try specing a paladin 50 shield 1 slash with capped dex and very low strength. Your displayed mainhand WS will be extremely low but your shield slam with still be very effective. Swap it round to 50 slash and 50 shield with high strength but no dex, your displayed WS will be reasonable, but slam will not be as effective.

Righthandof

Fledgling Freddie
Ballard said:
You most certainly are not right there, search back in the forums for plenty of discussion, the conclusion is always your Mainhand WS does not effect your slamming % and shield damage.

Shield damage is determined by dex alone. Try specing a paladin 50 shield 1 slash with capped dex and very low strength. Your displayed mainhand WS will be extremely low but your shield slam with still be very effective. Swap it round to 50 slash and 50 shield with high strength but no dex, your displayed WS will be reasonable, but slam will not be as effective.

you learn something every day :worthy:

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Ballard said:

This is true, shield has its own independant weapon skill which is determined from the amount of points specced in shield.

Ballard said:

Is this a typo, for the second part do you mean "50 slash and 1 shield"? with both being 50 it makes no sense otherwise.

Just to clarify something,

How much percent chance to block does Dex3 grant? does that 27 or however much extra dex equate to a higher value than the jump of 2x% to 3x% chance to block from MOB3 to MOB4

Ljuvasara

Fledgling Freddie
Think he meant that since dex affects your parrying aswell as blocking, your overall defense will improve more. :)

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
You know you can get people soloing on servers yeah?

So please don't assume everything is shard based.

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
Bahumat said:
Is this a typo, for the second part do you mean "50 slash and 1 shield"? with both being 50 it makes no sense otherwise.

Yes it does just not the way you think it does :) It has to stay 50 shield as shield spec is one of the key components of slam damage and what I was illustrating was that dex and not str is the key component. If you dropped shield spec in the second example your slam damage would be nerfed (as well as not being able to slam) because of that and not the dex. I..e second example high WS but bad slam, 1st example low WS but good slam

Bahumat said:
Just to clarify something,

How much percent chance to block does Dex3 grant? does that 27 or however much extra dex equate to a higher value than the jump of 2x% to 3x% chance to block from MOB3 to MOB4

Dont have any hard facts all i can say is the difference dex3/4 offers is very noticable. As well as boosting your parrying and slam dmg makes it very worthwhile.

I was speced dex4, mob3, det4,lw1,purge1 but that was for fg classic rvr.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Ballard said:
Dont have any hard facts all i can say is the difference dex3/4 offers is very noticable. As well as boosting your parrying and slam dmg makes it very worthwhile.

I was speced dex4, mob3, det4,lw1,purge1 but that was for fg classic rvr.

I wasnt really impressed with the 'more DEX', personally found MoBlocking a way better investment. I was a Saracen with 15 DEX @ start and unbuffed I could stand a really good chance against Vampiirs. When I was buffed I could take 2+ aslong I could corner myselves (eg. they are unable to run-through to get past my shield coz they aint in my frontal arc)

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
Seing as how Pallys dmg output is so wank, would it be good to stick a shitload of DoT procs on your armour :) ? . Allways thought Croc Tooth Dagger would be a grt wep for a pally as the lifetap adds that little extra dmg while also keeping ure health topped up (solo that is).

Im gonna remake me a pally, ill prolly waste points and get WotC2 at some point lol. Arrgh wibble, gee i dunno, people allways say we outlast our opponent but im not so sure this is true, the only thing i could see us outlasting is a pure tank/healer tbh, hybrids get so many little dmg spells that we cant possibly dmg them enuf b4 we die, mincers used to rape me in duels cos of the stupid DD ;p , i did have crap resists tho but still. That said i got to about 48 on my pally and it was never templated up. Ah well we'll see :)

If it turns out crap theres allways Assassin tasks lol.

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
Oh and apparently the Celerity buff/chant we get is kinda crappy to use i heard :(

le bah

Bahumat

FH is my second home
paladins are crap compared to champs or thanes or other hybrids.

if you want to use a weapon then get malice, the proc is so nasty which means you can actually dmg people for a short amount of time haha!

Righthandof

Fledgling Freddie
Bahumat said:
paladins are crap compared to champs or thanes or other hybrids.

champs are only hard because of their rr5 ra is prolly the best in game.. stupid op thing, while we get triple heal chant \o/ other than that, easy ride to kill 1. thanes have always been weak, and yet, they still are. grapple + doomhammer combo is not bad, but pretty easy to escape if you want(especially with a pally). pally is a great class, has chance to kill almost anything in 1on1, got myself up to 7l1 while always solo/duo, maximum trio, thats not bad at all.

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
Something is seriously wrong if you cant kill a thane. Even with the recent patches they still suck seriously in 1v1.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
im talking 8v8, paladins are crap. Just an end/bg bot.

Righthandof

Fledgling Freddie
Bahumat said:
im talking 8v8, paladins are crap. Just an end/bg bot.

come on, you can stick this "bot" title on every class. mercs are in the groups only to hit hit hit -> dmg deal bots, sorcerers are the mezz/demezz bots, cleric is the heal/shear bot, theu is the pet spam/dd bot... biggest problem of paladins when speaking about 8v8 is the friars. many group choses them over us for the bging, because the 24% resists, static tempest, and baseline heals, while pally can offer 10% resists, a lot more af, eirene's hauberk+malice axe arrogance to take dmg a lot better, and end regen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom