MHI pure 2h spec vs fixed weapon hybrid spec paladin

Demon2k3

One of Freddy's beloved
I have been thinking for speccing my pally for 2h for a while and i've been analyzing stuff back and forth, what i'm arguing at is either using a hybrid spec with fixed weapons.

Spec
39 2h
42 shield
25 weapon (pally is rr4 almost)
44 chants

The s/b weapons would be
Golden spear with the dragonflame protector because of the GS style reduction proc.
2handed would be the dragon knights flame because of the abs debuff aswell as the omniproc,

Advantages
-Slam allows for getting those positionals off
-Easier to template overall because of fixed weapons
-Golden spear can be used as pure defensive weapon aloowing to swap for 2h when it procs
-Works well in a assist train
-Allows for more defence than pure 2h

Disadvantages
- lacks damage compared to a pure 2h spec
- weaponskill for thrust is low so will have a hard time to hit
- Weaponskill for 2h is also lower

As for the 2h spec it would be a pure 2h spec
502h
35 thrust
45 chants
15 parry (leftovers)

This spec would be MHI indvidual

Advantages
-MHI allows for swapping between weapons depending on target
-Allows useage of CES for stealthlore because of no need for dragonflame protector.
- Weaponskill is high which allows for hitting high defence targets easier
- Damage is also good ( not compared to armsman i know but still)
- Good in a pure assist train

Disadvantages
- Lacks defensive capabilities
- MHI usually harder and more expensive to template
- No slam

So this is just my own analysis, what do the community here think? Please try and keep it constructive and no such commens as reroll armsman (i predict someone will make it either way, maybe to joke tho hehe :p)

Sorry if it's a long post been turing it upside down in my head.

Anyway thanks alot for reading this if you did, and i'm happy to get constructive input.

Soazak

Part of the furniture
I think it totally depends on your playstyle/role in your group, and if you just use this character for that one purpose.

If you're soloing in labby, you want the shield/defensive spec, if you're just part of an assist train in a tank group then go the full 2h spec. If you're a bodyguard bot, then somewhere in between imo

SoulFly

Can't get enough of FH
Albion two handed takes minimum damage variation from base weapon spec. As a low WS class, you'll still have a variation of about 100 no matter how you spec.

Meaning that you will want to have your base weapon spec at 51 with spec+items+rr.

Positionals are quite useless now, as you have 0.98 growth rate anytimer in the two handed line.

Zerubiel Propane

Loyal Freddie
What the other dudes said.

You should only go hybrid if you have the skill modifiers (rr) for it.

Overall however, i still believe that a paladin is a defensive class.
Its made to outlive anyone else in melee, and thats how it should be played. I think it was given the two-hand skill to confuse people.

Nothing is more solid than a s/s/c pally.

Sarumann

Can't get enough of FH
if u go hybrid id still go weaponless, but i would craftted shield, craft the shield skill and mele sists on shield, since when u go 2hand u usually not gonne get swinged at, and useing leggies of same type as 2h and mh
if spirit wep proc fighting ss and u slam 2h spirit dps is really good that way.

Xrystofer

Resident Freddy
i think you can't use golden spear as a paladin... maybe you meant spear of kings ?

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
May i suggest:

42 Shield
48 Chants
39 Slash/Thrust
21 Two handed

Might want to lower Slash when higher realm rank and put it into parry.

You get good survivability with s/s and pretty high damage output when using a 6 second Dragon 2h weapon and highest value celerity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom