Ns over 50 cs a waste

I

iziz-minx

This is some thoughts froma rank 10 ns on guinevere after reading and testing myself iam going to drop cs from 44 base to maybe 34/39 and pump up my cd for extra offhand damage.

Heres the players thoughts and tests what do u think.

Iziz out.
Class: Nightshade
Race: Lurikeen
Stats: 300 Str, 289 Con, 286 Quick, 377 Dex
Weapon: 16.5/3.6/100%/35% Guarded Rapier
Spec: 70 CS , 60 Pierce, 50 Stealth, 50 Envenom, 41 CD
Perf Cap: 892
Perf Cap w/crit: 1338

70 Crit Facts:

1. Soft targets get hit hard, with crits I can one shot even buffed casters depending on thier buffs. With crits, any unbuffed caster gets one shotted at least half the time. With superior buffs, AF charges/ spec buffs, absorb buffs, et.... I have had my perf damage drop to below 400 on them, giving them time to QC me or MOC me.

2. Medium targets vuln/neutral resists (healers, shammies, Minstrels, clerics, scouts, as examples). I 'can' do enough damage with crits to effectively one shot them 'IF' they are unbuffed and sitting. If they are standing and unbuffed, I can often 3-4 shot them. If they are standing and buffed they will survive stun and will insta cc/bunker/stun me back usually. This results in them getting away, or me blowing purge and killing them anyways. Perf damage ranges from 350 on low end to 680 on high end ...spec AF buffs on a chain wearer for example would be on the 350 side (minstrels/clerics).

3. Medium targets resist armor (infs, shadowblades, hunter, et.). I 'can' do enough damage to effectively one shot them if they have unbuffed, crap resists, crap armor(epic), AND are sitting. If I land perf regardless on these classes, they die ...buffed or not, though hunters can be a bit sketchy due to IP and thier high melee damage output. If I miss perf a RR1 inf can kill me if my purge is down due to dragonfang and its ease of use, even if I viper and AP. A shadowblade HAS to perf me to stand any chance now. A scout HAS to catch me at range to stand any chance. A hunter is 50-50 if they are decent spear spec and there is no perf involved.

4. Heavy Targets vuln\neutral armor (warriors, thanes, reavers). Will never be one shotted even if sitting and naked. If I land perf I front load enough damage to win 90% of the time given equal buffs and equipment. If I miss perf and they are RR5+ with equal buffs and equal equipment, I win 50-20% of the time on a sliding scale as they go up in realm rank.

5. Heavy Targets Resist armor (Pallies, Zerkers, Armsman, Mercs, et.). Will never ever ever come close to one shotting them. Perfs usually land in the 200-300 range on plate and 300-400 range on mid/alb leather. Give equal realm rank or close, equal buffs, and equal equipment ....even if I land perf I will lose 75% of the time. If I dont land perf, I might as well /release as the fight is pointless. If they are low realm ranked, unbuffed, or have crap equipment, I win regardless of perf or not.

Problem Classes regardless of realm rank (given they are equally buffed or thier pets and have capped melee resists): Savages (sheer damage output), Zerkers(sheer damage output), Mercs(damage of time and dirty tricks), Spirit Masters (intercepting pets even perf), Necros w/buffed pets (cant do enough damage fast enough to avoid getting nuked down, Bone Dancers (healing pets and instant lifetap), Friars with spec buffs-IP up- Boon up- purge = devil

My beef with perforate artery is that its affected too much by resists and absorb. WAY too much. Having my damage range from 892 to as low as 240 is rediculous.

Why perf a plate wearer for example ...for 250 damage when I can str/con debuff him for 400 worth front loaded? Why perf a zerker for 400 when I can str/con debuff for 400 and save my stun for when he vendo's (DB) ?

Why even try to perf on a busy server (3k online or so) at peak when the lag is so tremendous that half the time the warp right by you causing your perf to miss?

Disclaimer:

Dont use this as a nerf post. I am RR10 with +20 to all my skills. I have 90 points worth of Realm Abilities. I have MP AF 102 leather and all MP weapons. I have a 50 nuture buffbot woth Mastery of Arcane 4.

MOST shades will be nowhere close to that.

Why go 70CS? Why use envenom at all when the resist rates are far too high for anything save lifebane because they are sub level 50 effects? Why go 70 pierce? Why go 70 blades?

Why not dump envenom entirely save for extra points, lower CS down to the point to 'just' get creeping death (34 spec), and go 50 weapon and 45ish CD?

The front load will be less on soft targets, but honestly, you are going to kill them anyways, who cares if it is in one hit or 3. YOu will do more damage over time against other targets because of the higher weaponskill and the higher offhand swing rate.

No envenom means you can drop viper and wild arcana completely and purchase things to even further increase your damage output, like taking DR and MOP to higher levels.

I mean the whole point in being an assassin is to massively frontload damage. That just doesnt happen for the most part, too many factors can screw it up in regards to our perf and backstab.

Our poisons are supposed to kill, but with resists effecting them ...aside from debuff/disease (which are resisted a ton COMPLETELY because they arent level 50) ....the lifebane is pointless. Even without casted resists most people with capped body will reduce your tick down to 55-60. If they have casted resists, you will tick for under 35-40 at times. Woopty do. Lot of good that does solo or in a group.

So with poison sketchy at best and perf damage sketchy combined with capability to use ....why not increase your damage in offhand and weaponskill? At least those are more consistent.

Why not go something like:

50 stealth
70 blades (more neutral/vuln enemies than pierce)
52 Celtic Dual
54 Crit Strike (just enough for creep)
47 Poison (last str/con debuff)

-or lose Envenom completely-

50 Stealth
70 blades
62 Celtic Dual
54 Crit
25 Poison

RAs YOu could go:

10 - Aug Con 3
19 - Avoid Pain 3
10 - Purge
4 - Aug Dex 2
10 - Duelist Reflexis 3
20 - Mastery of Pain 4
4 - Toughness 2
8 - See Hidden (to avoid stealther traps and to get revenge on those TS monkies)
1 Aug Str 1
1 Avoidance Magic 1
1 Long Wind 1
1 Tirelessness 1
1 Regeneration 1

A

Arnor

agree that pa needs more consistent dmg and more of it.

V

vintervargen

Stats: 300 Str, 289 Con, 286 Quick, 377 Dex

n
e
r
f

D

dexa

Originally posted by iziz-minx
Why not go something like:

50 stealth
70 blades (more neutral/vuln enemies than pierce)
52 Celtic Dual
54 Crit Strike (just enough for creep)
47 Poison (last str/con debuff)

-or lose Envenom completely-

50 Stealth
70 blades
62 Celtic Dual
54 Crit
25 Poison

Loose 22 points in poision just to go from 63.5% to 68.5% cant really be good!!!!

I

iziz-minx

Hi dexa well for sure iam dropping my cs down i lose nothing dropping from 44 to 39 cs tested it myself also will place extra points into cd for extra offhand damage.

As for Poisons not sure wether to stay with bane or drop down to the 47 debuff will have to test that further.

iziz out.

M

mars

hmm well is there any point in going 50+ cd? Many ppl say u dont get any extra percentage after 50 but only dr could raise it further, anyone know fact about this?oO

O

old.Reno

That's a myth, offhand swing chance continues to improve with a combined spec of 50+.

D

dexa

well at lvl 50 u have base 25% + 12.5% and with cd at 25 u have 50%
cant think it capped there and havent read anything about it.

piercing 44 or 39 cs 44 or 39 or less Give ns 2.5 and lets get on playing instead of this small diff in the game :)

S

StormriderX

Just to point out that with 50+11+8cd + dr3 I swing offhand in pratically every round.

S

Sichama

Well from a RR10 character perspective, all is well and nice, but i dont think that low rank NS's can benefit from an idea like that.
I went for the 44cs 44p template, hoping i would have enough time to judge performance before 1.62 and decide if im going to lower cs to 39.

Overall i can't say i have to be honest, but i have decided to do it for only two reasons.

1st. Higher cd with 2 ranks of DR will make my second hand swing more often, and becides the benefit of having an increase in dmg, the primary reason i do it is to reliably apply the second poison to the enemy as soon as posible.

2nd. I believe Rib Seperation is not a usefull style if you consider its almost imposible to pull off, 4th style in PA chain bah, even when i do pull off PA, which is not very often, odds are one of the other two styles or RB in the end will be parried/Blocked/Evaded/Missed. And to be honest the dmg output of the style does not justify the trouble to pull it off.

So i will lower CS to 39 for favor of 11 points of CD and we will see :)

Oh and i totaly agree with Dexa, to lose 22 points of poison for a 5% increased chance to swing when you are allready at 60%+, seems too much to me also. We are talking about, one or two, more dual swings, tops, better to have poison ticking.
The other spec though wow... that looks evil.

Maybe beeing RR10 frees you somewhat from your poison dependancy, but for me now, i really need my poisons :)

E

envenom

im a critblade (shadowblade) 45 cs 50 axe and well sometimes im shocked at the amount of crap damage my PA does im lucky to get over 500 on infils which imo sucks fuckin ass thats why im respecin to SZ even with the LA nerf

A. ive had enough of lining up a PA for shite damage
B.most of my fights are with infils and i dont get PA in
C.i just wanna twat stuff now

D

dexa

Originally posted by Sichama

Overall i can't say i have to be honest, but i have decided to do it for only two reasons.

2nd. I believe Rib Seperation is not a usefull style if you consider its almost imposible to pull off, 4th style in PA chain bah, even when i do pull off PA, which is not very often, odds are one of the other two styles or RB in the end will be parried/Blocked/Evaded/Missed. And to be honest the dmg output of the style does not justify the trouble to pull it off.

RB is that not the 3th style (of 4) in hamstring chain? :)

and if not can it get blocked/eveded if cd is in, /kiss

E

Ebonn

The original poster just keeps going on about one shotting everything.... who cares ? higher CS will outdamage higher pierce with CS styles ( garrote,hamstring etc.. ) tryed , tested, sealed and approved. sure go 50 weapon spec just make sure you have a respec stone handy, were not infils.

I have 62 total CS and i hit like a ton of bricks.

A

Aloca

Erh..... Still i start wondering how the fuck that pep can be rr10 as he have problems with pallys!!!!

Me think he is sucky player that stealth zerg, or justplay way way to much.

S

SingerOfSoul

or it could be the fact that pallies can max around 1k+ armour factor...

C

cougar-

Originally posted by Aloca
Erh..... Still i start wondering how the fuck that pep can be rr10 as he have problems with pallys!!!!

Me think he is sucky player that stealth zerg, or justplay way way to much.

well high rr palys with both faith heal and ip and good twisting skill can be slow kills. most are easy as hell tho.

Users who are viewing this thread