NS Spec

O

old.Biffsmash

Hi,
I made a NS recently, and am atm 48.5

I am interested in quite high cd to hit with both weapons and high pierce.

I've some specs im thinking of, and wondered if(lol) any of you had any advise for me :)

my current spec is
35 stealth
44 pierce
33 critical strike
17 celtic duel
34 poison

I initially wanted to go to 50 in pierce,, still not sure about that,, but the specs i am thinking of are as follows

Stealth 35
celtic duel 20
critical strike 39
pierce 44
poison 35
(this is probably the most viable template?

Stealth 35
CD 30
CS 39
Pierce 39
poison 34
( i like this one due to the decent level in celtic duel)

and the one i have wanted to take for some time but am undecided on due to the low critical strike

ste 35
cd 17
pierce 50
critical 34
poison 34

Please give me any advise you can :)

Cheers all :)

S

snozrick-retro

Best to do a search of nightshade specs m8, on these forums....should be alot of answers to what your looking for.

G

Gregstah

Hiya :D

NS4tehwin! :p

well listen up, i've been playing a NS for not a long time ago

and i was rly strugling finding a nice spec for NS's, but its hard since they dont have as many spec points as Infil does...

but here it goes... it should be one of the best specs for a NS and i'll tell u all details n stuff.. its a bit harsh tho on the start but it works out fine... did for me at least :p

34 Stealth
34 Celtic Dual
21 Critical Strike
50 Pierce
33 Envenom

and if autotrained u can come up 2 35 stealth.. most NS's should be autotrained..

so u got the spec.. now u need 2 know how 2 use the spec correct to get the best out of it ofc..

21CS for PA wich do hurts even tho cap is low.. u'll PA for 300+offhand or sumn like that.. + if u crit it do hurt alot..
u got 50 pierce and 34 cd for a very nice dmg output wich makes ur base dmg on an infiltraitor about 120+ mainhand and 60-80 offhand... thats bout 180+dmg then again if u crit its gonna be higher, and just imgine with buffs and the haste buff is very important ofc.. u hit as fast as a bastard drinks man and with that dmg output i dont think u can fear anything but rr8+ inf's or me :D

for the stun u got 50 pierce wich gives u a nice chain after stun.. DB>DS>WB that hurts alot tbh tho agian u can spam DB like inf's spam DF :p

so u got a stunn allmost anytime since u evade like crazy, u got PA for the looners, u got BS2 2 get in when u meet another stealther n u got nice CD styles and high offhand swing % + dmg.. then just get DR2-3 and its allmost like 44-50 in CD...

and u got ur poison ofc.. at rr4 u an allready use the last Str/Con debuff..(forget about lifebane it sux ballz big time!!)

so u actually got a very fast and high dmg dealer.. with stunn AND PA wich makes it a whole lot easier ofc..

but tho think about it.. its a nice spec for most NS's..

GL and HF m8, hope 2 see u in Emain/Odin's soon and hopefully kill u :)

L

lenilas

Im currently

35 Env
35 Stealth
30 CD
22 CS
50 Pierce

And i love it, im like a miniBM with stealth lol, i use Pierce anytimes instead of spamming Garrotte / AH and also the diamondback evade chain does reasonably nice damage, and yeah i still get PA even tho it doesnt hit real hard like when i had 39CS it still does a reasonable amount of damage.

Im now considering switching to blades from Pierce :)

C

chensin

my current spec is:

Stealth 37
Pierce 43
Celtic Dual 30
Critical strike 34
Envenom 33

[edit - I autotrained stealth to 24 to achieve this. You can autotrain with /level - level to 5, train 1 pt stealth, level to 20, /respec stealth. This spec has 0 points left over]

Personally, I think pierce above 44 is a bit of a waste of points, you do severely reduce another line for those extra 6 points which really dont add much to weaponskill - assuming you get decent spellcrafting to add +11 to the lines anyway. The only reason I could see for pierce 50 is if the 50 style was 'uber'..but its not.

I like celtic dual high due to the way I believe it works (which other people Ive talked to dont) - wonder if anyone has a flat official statement about this :) The original mythic statement of 25% + 0.5 * spec level was proven to be slightly off by Waterman (current midgard rvr tl, Mythic must love irony), of all people. The formula currently believed by players is 25% + 0.68 * spec level, with no cap at 50%.

Anyway, I seem to double swing an awful lot, which is far better 'damage add' than 6 extra points in pierce. Also count on getting your offhand poison off that much quicker.

As for critical strike, id suggest 34 as the absolute minimum - the creeping death style has a longer duration stun than diamond back, and you cant use diamond back on targets that dont swing at you :)

Stealth and envenom - most people stick at 35, giving 50's at rr5. The difference between 46 stealth and 50 stealth is quite large, surprisingly..so I chose to get 50 stealth at rr3, which comes quite a bit quicker than rr5.

I had intended to respec at rr5 to 35 stealth 35 env...but with the artifacts from TOA that give a bonus to detecting stealthers, the mythic line has been 'stealth above 50 will help against this'...so I might just leave things where they are, and wait an awful long time to get lifebane.

After all this, the spec for an NS can be quite varied, and should be tailored to your particular playstyle..no one spec is 'right'.

Ta,
Chensin

O

old.Biffsmash

Cheers guys :)

its nice of you all to reply. Im sure this question is getting boring now, but i just wanted a fresh perspective rather than simply looking up dated NS specs and ideas from "search".

I have my CS at 34 now and having recently spent money respeccing to pierce from blades, dont really want to respec again to reduce CS.

I think i am going to keep pierce at 44 and concentrate on increasing celtic duel, as from the pve encounters so far, the offhand poison sometimes doesnt hit till almost the end of the fight with only 17 cd.

Again thanks for your suggestions and I hope to be in rvr very soon :)

cheaky

V

VodkaFairy

im 34 stealth 32 envenom 11 cd 50 blade 39 cs

and loving it :m00:

O

oblivion_6

but if u spec blade does that not remove all those evade styles u can do??

thats always been the thing thats put me off

L

lenilas

i really dont see the point speccing CS for the PA Chain, lets be honest, 99% of NS fights are versus other stealthers if your main hunting grounds are Odins / Emain. Chances of you landing a PA Chain on another stealther on a 1 on 1 is limited imo.

Sure you can allways PA chain someone thats allready being attacked, or a lone person coming thru doors etc, and yeah extra CS adds something like 9pts of dmg to CS Style cap or something per lvl of CS u train, or something along those lines i heard.

50 Pierce is nice, coupled with a decent 30 CD your hitting hard and often, Diamondback's 2 follow up styles (Both are bleeds) land for a decent amount of damage, also the Blackwidow anytime chain is half decent, the 1st 2 styles admittidly suck a bit of end, but the last 2 in the chain both have high to-hit bonuses and are low on end use and pack a nice punch.

Personally i think the 50 pierce is alot better than anything lower, usually 44 or 39 pierce, theres alot to be said for that extra weaponskill.

Im toying with the idea atm to respec to blades also, just to check it out :)

I just think speccing CS high for PA chain is a waste when your opportunitys to use it are fairly limited, as opposed to high CD / Pierce / blades when these are directly affecting you every fight. Unless you wanna spam Garrotte / AH every fight with your high CS, and watch your end fly out the window :)

M

mandom

dont listen to gregstah hes just another ebay boy

A

Aloca

If i would spec CS it would be for the better evade chain and that garrote/achilles might do a little more dmg.

V

VodkaFairy

Originally posted by oblivion_6
but if u spec blade does that not remove all those evade styles u can do??

thats always been the thing thats put me off

pierce only gives the after evade stun, the evade chain is in crit str

cs styles in general are way better than in any weapon line or cd and PA -> CD is just really nice to get off the blade back-chain

CD spec really only works at high RR, since 44/44 cd / pierce is shit dmg.

V

vipr

Just a question for those balde specced NS, what RA have u currently got??

V

VodkaFairy

Originally posted by vipr
Just a question for those balde specced NS, what RA have u currently got??

rr5l6

purge
ap3
mopain1
dr1

1 point spare

X

Ximadir

Go with this spec till you are rr5:

35 stealth
35 env
44 pierce
39 cs
rest cd

I tryed about 7 different templates from high cs to very high cd and 50 pierce specs but pierce over 44 just sooks.

Im rr7l5 atm and have this spec

33 stealth
31 env
44 pierce
33 cd
39 cs

RA's

AP3
purge
aug con 3
dualist reflexes 2
Mastery of pain 3
aug dex 2
toughness 2
longwind 2

E

Eldoras

Im gonna go with
35 stealth
44 critstrike
44 pierce
21 celtic dual
28 envenom

I dont know how that will work but I think its a pretty nice specc since Im going to use garrote / AH alot.

C

curou

Aiming for more or less same spec as Vodca...

With autotraining stealth :

35 stealth
50 pierce
39 CS
32 envenom
15 CD

havent really tried it out yet, but looks like a nice spdc if you ask me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom