Note to Mythic : Your endgame is utterly broken

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Fortess raids, what a complete farce. Everytime we attempt one the zone server crashes, thats two crashes in the last 10 minutes. So much for all the RvR performance improvements, it is getting worse not better.

ramathorn

Fledgling Freddie
endgame has turned to be an absolute load of wank. never thought i would actually have to pay for wank :/

Afran

Part of the furniture
Performance has actually got a lot better... no more ghosting/everyone on the server turning invisible and there is certainly a lot less lag. The crashes haven't gotten better or worse at the Fortress they're just the same as before.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
3rd crash at 7pm on the dot. Zone now locked and unattackable. What a complete farce.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Have to agree that RvR needs a lot of work. I've got to the point where I don't enjoy the oRvR slideshows and being outnumbered 4:1 by Destro, scenarios are dull after the 10000 time you've run them and the PvE element of the game is also very dull and lacking.

Sub is up at the beginning of January, I'll hang around until then but then I'm out until they put some sparkle back in the game.

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
Have to agree that RvR needs a lot of work. I've got to the point where I don't enjoy the oRvR slideshows and being outnumbered 4:1 by Destro, scenarios are dull after the 10000 time you've run them and the PvE element of the game is also very dull and lacking.

Sub is up at the beginning of January, I'll hang around until then but then I'm out until they put some sparkle back in the game.

same old same old - zerg wins an MMO. Always has been the case and always will be. Makes you wonder if the format is genuinely fucked tbh. Then we have the hey its a 'massively online RPG' and all that shite group....

Its not - its usually boring if you only live for PvP. Which means the only people happy in these MMOs is PvE peeps.

Aada

Part of the furniture

My comp has handled all the ORVR i have thrown at it without so much as a the odd framerate drop when you cross boarders.

Get a better PC if your current one can't handle it.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
:m00:
Get a better PC if your current one can't handle it.

Aada, I don't mean to be rude, but you only ever post the opposite of what somebody else posts. Internet board warriors ftw. GG on having a supercomputer :m00:

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Turamber, The guy did state "ORvR Slideshow", suggesting that his framerate is very poor in any RvR not just a huge raid. So personally I think Aada's comment was fine.

The very fact this game is supposed to be about Zerg vs Zerg in huge battles means Mythic also has a problem. Complete zones have crashed during raids, not down to peoples comps but due to server issues. We have seen alot of improvement with recent patches but it still needs a lot of work. We have to give them more time. Personally I think they have done well with implimenting changes so far.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Why should we give them more time? They had an extremely long beta test, why the fuck weren't these issues resolved then? If the game couldn't handle large scale RvR then it is not fit for purpose and should not have been released until it could handle them.

Again I have to wonder what sort of player they invited to the beta, the scenarios are crap, large scale rvr is out of the question, most classes have issues. The game is still not ready for general release! Did nobody in the beta actually mention any of this to GOA/Mythic? Did they even care?

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Why should we give them more time? They had an extremely long beta test, why the fuck weren't these issues resolved then? If the game couldn't handle large scale RvR then it is not fit for purpose and should not have been released until it could handle them.

Again I have to wonder what sort of player they invited to the beta, the scenarios are crap, large scale rvr is out of the question, most classes have issues. The game is still not ready for general release! Did nobody in the beta actually mention any of this to GOA/Mythic? Did they even care?

Or maybe they gave 0 shit about all the warnings Beta Testers were voicing in the internal boards :lol:

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Turamber, The guy did state "ORvR Slideshow", suggesting that his framerate is very poor in any RvR not just a huge raid. So personally I think Aada's comment was fine.

The very fact this game is supposed to be about Zerg vs Zerg in huge battles means Mythic also has a problem. Complete zones have crashed during raids, not down to peoples comps but due to server issues. We have seen alot of improvement with recent patches but it still needs a lot of work. We have to give them more time. Personally I think they have done well with implimenting changes so far.

Agreed.

People seem to forget that DAoC had the same problems at release, christ we crashed the relic zones on Excali quite a few times. WoW had similar problems with many zone and instance crashes during the first few months.

Teething problems imo, they do seem to be constantly improving the situation and as to it being a beta still, well, is every mmo ever released still essentially a beta if it has a few problems? If so they all are, although admittedly server crashes due to player numbers is a pretty big problem.

The downside of this for Mythic is that most modern mmo gamers won't stick around while they fix the problems, they want instant gratification and who can blame them? Plenty of other mmo's to move to instead.

When the problems are fixed, the popualtion might improve. I would say this is a pretty huge incentive for any mmo company to get it done. Are we paying to play a beta? Well, possibly, but this is mmo gaming, always has been and probably always will.

Aada

Part of the furniture

Aada, I don't mean to be rude, but you only ever post the opposite of what somebody else posts. Internet board warriors ftw. GG on having a supercomputer :m00:

You did say you were fed up of slide shows that means to most people who aren't having slide show fun that your computer aint up to it.

I agree with most of the things about RVR atm but slide shows aint one of them when i don't have any problems.

Yeah it sucks when your comp aint up to scratch i have been there which is why i saved up some hard earned cash and got a new one.

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
<snip>
People seem to forget that DAoC had the same problems at release, christ we crashed the relic zones on Excali quite a few times. WoW had similar problems with many zone and instance crashes during the first few months.
<snip>

CLOAKS OFF, LOOK DOWN, STICK UP.
Oh the memories......

Oh well - back on topic, I know my computer is "up to scratch". Sure it isn't quard core with a gazillion ram and 80mbit fiber connection, but it does exceed the requirements and RvR can quickly become a slideshow when we defend against the hungry Desto hordes.
Blame Mythic for making unrealistic low requirements (but any company does this) or for not coding it properly. But if you have a computer exceeding the requirements, it is hardly an answer to get a "better computer".

J

Jenk

I get slide shows because of lag, and I do mean lag, not poor comp performance.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
KV went down on Hirn last night. At first I thought Order had taken a fort. Then I thought Dest had taken a fort. Turns out it had crashed and that was all it was.

All the people who had been in the zone at the time of the crash were unable to get back onto their chars for some minutes and were logging back on with alts until they could get mains on.

This is slightly at odds with the rather excited announcements from Mythic regarding server stability. Or perhaps we haven't had those patches yet despite the large number of patches applied over recent weeks.

Pandemic

Fledgling Freddie
The fortress crashes are now fixed on the US servers, if you read the forums there they are successfully having several hundred player sized sieges with no crashes.

I dont think it will be more than a day or 2 until GOA hopefully have KEP just as ok

Killgorde

Loyal Freddie
I dont think it will be more than a day or 2 until GOA hopefully have KEP just as ok

Hopefully...any idea if the hardware GOA are using is the same as stateside? I wouldnt mind knowing the spec to see just how fast the EU servers are - and if they are on a par with the US ones? Anyone got a clue?

/Salutes the Destro scum for not giving up and coming back again and again as the timer ticked down and Order had the time to get bodies in defence. You deserved that fortress and should have had the first time around. Respect where its due.

ford prefect

Can't get enough of FH
The fortress crashes are now fixed on the US servers, if you read the forums there they are successfully having several hundred player sized sieges with no crashes.

I play mythic servers, and there have been one or two fortress crashes, but nowhere near as bad as it was. Last one I attended had around 300 ish players involved and was completely lag free too (was outside primetime obviously).

Worth pointing out that a crash that happened a couple of days ago was primetime however, on a very busy server with who know's how many on the siege. It started with a minute or so lag spike and then a zone crash. Nobody in zone could log in for a few minutes afterward, so similar issues to GoA servers I would guess.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
If their virtualisation is running on ESX then it has very specific hardware requirements so even if not identical, they will be very similar.

Of course, they don't have to throw the same amount of similar hardware at it, but fundamentally it will be very close. Hopefully they are not pennypinching and saving some minor costs at the expense of a successful platform.

Aqe

One of Freddy's beloved
I play mythic servers, and there have been one or two fortress crashes, but nowhere near as bad as it was. Last one I attended had around 300 ish players involved and was completely lag free too (was outside primetime obviously).

Worth pointing out that a crash that happened a couple of days ago was primetime however, on a very busy server with who know's how many on the siege. It started with a minute or so lag spike and then a zone crash. Nobody in zone could log in for a few minutes afterward, so similar issues to GoA servers I would guess.

The info i read is that GOA got better hardware than Mythic. Its different hardware though so problems with server code can appear on EU servers that isn't on US servers.

Grotnob

Fledgling Freddie
At least the endgame was actually in game at release *cough*WoW-WotLK*cough*.

Spookie

Fledgling Freddie
At least the endgame was actually in game at release *cough*WoW-WotLK*cough*.

Naxx (15 bosses), Obsidian Sanctum (1/3 bosses depending if you want a mount), Eye of Eternity (1 boss), Vault of Archavon (1 boss) then if it's your thing Arena. If you're talking about Arthas, he likely won't be in till after the next raid dungeon since he's suppose to be difficult. :)

Hell, as least I can complete them too! ;)

To be fair though I'm getting kinda bored of PvE. So come on Mythic sort this mess out. :(

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Hopefully...any idea if the hardware GOA are using is the same as stateside? I wouldnt mind knowing the spec to see just how fast the EU servers are - and if they are on a par with the US ones? Anyone got a clue?

its all virtualised on VM ESX blades with RHEL (red hat enerprise linux)

not sure if there are using sun containers, probably not, the databases are most likely not virtualised, as this can cause performance issues, you can virtualise them its just not reccommended. so you can prob guarantee that mythic goa have....

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Yeah because there is no grind in WAR is there?! :)

It is funny though, 2 games with identical levelling models yet slow folk still think grinding only exists in WoW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom