Note to Mythic : Your endgame is utterly broken

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Hopefully...any idea if the hardware GOA are using is the same as stateside? I wouldnt mind knowing the spec to see just how fast the EU servers are - and if they are on a par with the US ones? Anyone got a clue?

/Salutes the Destro scum for not giving up and coming back again and again as the timer ticked down and Order had the time to get bodies in defence. You deserved that fortress and should have had the first time around. Respect where its due.

/salute right back at ya!

Fair play to you, you got over the realm pride issues we all have and were totally honest. If only more of us could do the same.

Lets hope for many more intense fights like that in the future but with the game in a state where we can all play to our best and make for an epic battle. :)

NicGOA

English WAR Community Manager
Mythic and us are obviously very much aware of the stability issues surrounding keep takes and zone locking and the whirlwind of patches this week is testimony to that.

The stability is slowly but surely improving across the board and Mythic is committed to solve this problem.

any idea if the hardware GOA are using is the same as stateside?

GOA are using similar server hardware of equal or better spec. (that's a quote I will get reminded of for quite a while I'm sure)

Grotnob

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah because there is no grind in WAR is there?! :)

It is funny though, 2 games with identical levelling models yet slow folk still think grinding only exists in WoW.

At the risk of turning this into yet another WoW vs WAR Thread™ the levelling models are indeed very similar, but at least in WAR I don't have to spend hours upon hours jumping through hoops and collecting Petrified Skaven Testicles and Crystalised Rocking Horse Shit to give to Tzan'thingy so that he'll love me enough to let me see the end game PvE content.

As for Mythic addressing the lag issues and whatnot in fortress sieges, woot, to be honest. Next step is to stop people being able to defend a zone by leaving the RvR lake and grinding PQs, and we'll be approaching a winner...

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
At the risk of turning this into yet another WoW vs WAR Thread™ the levelling models are indeed very similar, but at least in WAR I don't have to spend hours upon hours jumping through hoops and collecting Petrified Skaven Testicles and Crystalised Rocking Horse Shit to give to Tzan'thingy so that he'll love me enough to let me see the end game PvE content.

Same with WoW, there is no reputation prerequisite to enter any content and hasn't been for some years.

Urgat

Part of the furniture
Mythic and us are obviously very much aware of the stability issues surrounding keep takes and zone locking and the whirlwind of patches this week is testimony to that.

The stability is slowly but surely improving across the board and Mythic is committed to solve this problem.

GOA are using similar server hardware of equal or better spec. (that's a quote I will get reminded of for quite a while I'm sure)

Nic,

I am hearing a lot about the stability issues, and its great your working on them, but but what about the performance issues MANY people are having dispite soundly beating the recomended specs for the game?

My Specs...

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 5200+ (2.71ghz)
Biostar MCP6P - M2 Motherboard (on board audio)
2 GB of Kingston hyperX ddr2 800mhz RAM
Geforce 9800gt 512mb GPU
650W atx power supply
Windows XP home (service pack 3)
Latest Drivers
Latest dx 9.0c release
Defragged / virus scanned / adware scanned hard drive

Running the game in Windowed mode at 1024 x 768 (same res as my desktop)
Have a GFX profile set up for War exe

I drop to 3fps in a NORMAL keep take with 2 warbands...

Turning off spell effects does not seem to effect this at all.

Now someone tell me if my PC is not up to spec? if so, what do i need to replace to achieve this Uber Smooth game that the likes of Aada claim to be playing... because as far as i know, i should NOT have problems playing this game the way it was intended... yet i am.

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
Shadows - OFF
Shadows are the biggest performance-drain there is.

3-4 Warbands are perfectly fine.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
same old same old - zerg wins an MMO.

yes when the game is designed around zergs, zergs usually win. if u want controllable numbers theres always AoC and their "massive" keep sieges of 64 players max....

Aada

Part of the furniture
yes when the game is designed around zergs, zergs usually win. if u want controllable numbers theres always AoC and their "massive" keep sieges of 64 players max....

lol :)

nice one.

civy

One of Freddy's beloved

As for Mythic addressing the lag issues and whatnot in fortress sieges, woot, to be honest. Next step is to stop people being able to defend a zone by leaving the RvR lake and grinding PQs, and we'll be approaching a winner...

No you have to do the instances in order to collect the needed wards. different system. same result.

Urgat

Part of the furniture
yup

Shadows - OFF
Shadows are the biggest performance-drain there is.

3-4 Warbands are perfectly fine.

Yup

shadows are off too.... 3fps in a keep with 40 people around is a joke on my machine... unless i am wrong, and it is actually a bag of pants and i just dont know it

Aada

Part of the furniture
Nic,

I am hearing a lot about the stability issues, and its great your working on them, but but what about the performance issues MANY people are having dispite soundly beating the recomended specs for the game?

My Specs...

Geforce 9800gt 512mb GPU
650W atx power supply
Latest Drivers
Latest dx 9.0c release

Now someone tell me if my PC is not up to spec? if so, what do i need to replace to achieve this Uber Smooth game that the likes of Aada claim to be playing... because as far as i know, i should NOT have problems playing this game the way it was intended... yet i am.

Can you upgrade your RAM to 3gb? i believe you would see a massive performance increase if you did.

caswallawn

Fledgling Freddie
Nic,

My Specs...

Geforce 9800gt 512mb GPU
650W atx power supply
Latest Drivers
Latest dx 9.0c release

you installed the dual core optimiser from AMD as without it XP looses alot of power since XP isnt designed for dual cores. also if you have decent cooling that AMD 5200 will hit 3Ghz easy.

Urgat

Part of the furniture
RE RAM... i had considered getting another 2gb.... May as well for the prices at the moment... thankyou, ill try that.

RE Procecor... Yep, i have the optimiser installed. As for over clocking... i would not know where to start i am afraid...

thankyou for the advice though.

Killgorde

Loyal Freddie

Thanks for the reply. Look me up for a keg of ale if you are ever on K8P.

Zede

Part of the furniture
seriously considering quitting for 6 months, as chodax said, its completely and utterly FUBAR atm in many many ways.

Turamber

Part of the furniture

I think its more that DAoC was new and shiney, it was part of an emerging market. War copies a lot from other games yet doesn't integrate the best concept of DAoC (RvR) at all well, which is so so strange.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Puttered on about 10pm last night. Was very quickly into some nice zone action. I was a bit naughty in that I withdrew forces from Wilhelm's Fist with a reasonable idea it would fall. However it prevented warcamp camping because it forced our guys down south.

Order came steamrolling down south blitzing anything that got in the way. We had scouts reporting the whole time (cheers to all of them that kept the info flowing - Umni, Slyce and the others), had a nice fight at Morr's Repose then back up north to retake Fist.

Only niggle was that in the Fist retake it got rather laggy. This is interesting to me as we had roughly the same numbers as when we defended Morr's (maybe less actually). The only difference that I could see was that we defended Morr's at the outer gate whereas the action in Fist took place at the Lord Room.

I must have been online maybe 10 mins before I was into the action and even that delay was because I was chatting to some peeps. I logged off after the Fist retake as I'm working this morning. Well, at work ;)

WAR. Fuck yeh.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Oh trust me, the moment dyvet pops 1000 players (actual 500 :p), I most certainly will. Specially now with Mr. SotG out of the picture.

Like thats ever going to happen :)

00dave

Artist formerly known as Ignus
Yeah because there is no grind in WAR is there?! :)

It is funny though, 2 games with identical levelling models yet slow folk still think grinding only exists in WoW.

lol did you ever play WoW? The grinding in WoW was just too much for casual players. You had to spend ages grinding gold for your first mount, never had that problem in War, you then had to spend even longer grinding for you epic mount, then your flying mount, and your epic flying mount. And as the formula for WoW is gear + addons + latest op class = win, you had to grind for that gear and it took weeks to do if you had any form of life. And then to top it all off that gear became obsolete very quickly so it started all over again.

Ever since the last patch War has been a lot of fun to play. Orvr every night in every tier, and minimal scenarios. But I have yet to experience end game because I'm having far too much fun leveling alts.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
RE RAM... i had considered getting another 2gb.... May as well for the prices at the moment... thankyou, ill try that.

RE Procecor... Yep, i have the optimiser installed. As for over clocking... i would not know where to start i am afraid...

thankyou for the advice though.

Don't bother overclocking if you don't need to, or don't have the cash to replace anything you might damage in the process, your likely to damage something if you don't know what you are doing. Trust me, i have blown enough chips, boards and other bits in the not-so-distant past. That being said that mobo is pretty easy to overclock, it has a nice chipset and the bios is good for a low-end board. Soooo, if your are of a mind to try it, it is possible.

Your processor is fine as it is. Again, that being said, the 5200+ is a nice little overclocker, strap a good heatsink on that, get the cooling right, up your RAM to 4 GIG and it'd be interesting to know how far it could go. Unfortunately i don't think that board supports 1066 MHz RAM, but 800 would be fine. At a quick guess, with that setup and a few cooling improvements, i think you might be able to get up around 3.0-3.2 as long as you can keep the temps down....but i'd have to work that out and tbh i cant be arsed and honestly the gains would not be worthwhile imo ;)

Your RAM could be eaily upped to 4 GIG. Shame that mobo only has 2 slots as an upgrade to 3 GIG might have produced the same results for less.

With all this in mind, IF you are of a mind to improve something, go for the RAM for the most cost-effective upgrade. You can pick-up 2x2 GIG 800 MHz sticks in a pack for around £30 easily.

mooSe_

FH is my second home
I've been playing since pre-release and I still haven't reached end game, so I don't know what all the worry is about. Try rolling another character: t1-3 have suddenly got a lot more fun recently and then by the time you are 40 again who knows it might be fixed.

Urgat

Part of the furniture
Don't bother overclocking if you don't need to, or don't have the cash to replace anything you might damage in the process, your likely to damage something if you don't know what you are doing. Trust me, i have blown enough chips, boards and other bits in the not-so-distant past. That being said that mobo is pretty easy to overclock, it has a nice chipset and the bios is good for a low-end board. Soooo, if your are of a mind to try it, it is possible.

Your processor is fine as it is. Again, that being said, the 5200+ is a nice little overclocker, strap a good heatsink on that, get the cooling right, up your RAM to 4 GIG and it'd be interesting to know how far it could go. Unfortunately i don't think that board supports 1066 MHz RAM, but 800 would be fine. At a quick guess, with that setup and a few cooling improvements, i think you might be able to get up around 3.0-3.2 as long as you can keep the temps down....but i'd have to work that out and tbh i cant be arsed and honestly the gains would not be worthwhile imo ;)

Your RAM could be eaily upped to 4 GIG. Shame that mobo only has 2 slots as an upgrade to 3 GIG might have produced the same results for less.

With all this in mind, IF you are of a mind to improve something, go for the RAM for the most cost-effective upgrade. You can pick-up 2x2 GIG 800 MHz sticks in a pack for around £30 easily.

Many thanks.

I have just upgraded to 2 x 2gb ..

However..

My system still seems to only be seeing 2.0gb (control panel - system)

any ideas?

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Many thanks.

I have just upgraded to 2 x 2gb ..

However..

My system still seems to only be seeing 2.0gb (control panel - system)

any ideas?

How much does it say when you boot up? does it do a memory check?

Is it possible the ram's not plugged in properly?

Windows XP should show about 3.2G or so with 4G put in - Vista 64 will use all 4gig.

Urgat

Part of the furniture
How much does it say when you boot up? does it do a memory check?

Is it possible the ram's not plugged in properly?

Windows XP should show about 3.2G or so with 4G put in - Vista 64 will use all 4gig.

Hi, just tested both stick indipendently, in diffrerent slots, all slots working, and both sticks working.

Checked Bios on startup, and Bios sees all 4gb,

Just checked system. and it now sees 3.0gb

that normal?

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
If the video card has been assigned main memory, the OS will see less, aye. Worth checking to see if you've assigned a lot of the PC's memory to your graphics. If this is even an option of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom