nerf savages

G

Garnet

Originally posted by Novamir
at least now we know for SURE they are bug abusing little hoes with no skill!

cry more you fucking noob it wont be here until another 4 months so QQ more! :>

btw your sig sucks just like you :p

P

parzi

no iggy you are wrong. hybrids have ranged attacks or spells that help the group.

savages have zero range and even take away from the groups healing pool.
(well at least they would if mythic would fix it so the buffs take away % of buffed hp. for just the basic 3 buffs with no resists or anything they would pay aproximately 650 hp every 30sec then).
also they dont got spells, they got abilitys for which they pay hp not mana.
mythic seems to see it that way too, they already commented on the tl report or something that pure tank ras will stay.

P

Pin

Originally posted by parzi
also they dont got spells, they got abilitys for which they pay hp not mana.
mythic seems to see it that way too, they already commented on the tl report or something that pure tank ras will stay.

Well, that could be your definition, but well... Look here:

http://www.camelotherald.com/characters/savage.php

See what is listed as 'Ability', and see what the Savagery line is called?

Or compare:

http://www.camelotherald.com/spells/spell.php?s=4729
http://www.camelotherald.com/spells/spell.php?s=642

On one class you call it a 'spell', but the other you call it an 'ability'.

It's all just semantics. The Savage is not a 'pure tank', nor a 'light tank', nor a 'hybrid', it's basically just a complete fuck-up imo :p

B

belth

Hybrids don't have PF. Savages don't have PF. Pure tanks have PF.

They should just removed Det and up IP/Purge costs for savages.

P

parzi

it is an ability, i believe my ingame information more than sites, thank you. its listed as ability, just the same place where the ra's, sprint icon etc is.

and even if it would be a spell... please quote my whole post, you missed out the main argument :p

and rofl @ they dont have pf so remove other things too

could also say: they dont have pf but are a tank so give pf to them

savages are not a complete fuck up, the idea to go crazy and pay life to enhance the fighting abilitys and to fight with almost bare fists is very interesting. problem is atm a BUFFED savage doesnt really pay any noticeable amount of hp for them. atm its below 200hp for 3 buffs, with the percentage of buffed hp it would be 650+

O

old.anubis

Originally posted by Pin
See what is listed as 'Ability', and see what the Savagery line is called?

last time i checked savages didnt have mana pool, and didnt have any spells in spell tab

O

old.anubis

Originally posted by belth
Hybrids don't have PF. Savages don't have PF. Pure tanks have PF.

They should just removed Det and up IP/Purge costs for savages.

imo give pf to savages
will it convince you that they are not hybrids?

A

Ahqmae

Savages are a mix of mostly the best things of every type of tank, luckily only 1.5 spec and no PF. Who cares about PF tho, back pos stun chain and dmg output rips every1 without needing PF t.t

P

Perka

So much fun to see the savage-retards trying to defend their beloved ultra-overpowered class, so much humor.

But I guess that's how it goes...

guess any leader of a country with nuclear weapons would do the same when the rest of the world cry NERF! ... "what? we overpowered... nono they aren't that good, it's just been hyped up by the whiners"

P

Pin

it is an ability, i believe my ingame information more than sites, thank you. its listed as ability, just the same place where the ra's, sprint icon etc is.

and even if it would be a spell... please quote my whole post, you missed out the main argument :p

A rose by any other name...

Put a buff in a different list and call it something else, it's just semantics, it makes no actual difference to what the buff is.

savages are not a complete fuck up, the idea to go crazy and pay life to enhance the fighting abilitys and to fight with almost bare fists is very interesting. problem is atm a BUFFED savage doesnt really pay any noticeable amount of hp for them. atm its below 200hp for 3 buffs, with the percentage of buffed hp it would be 650+

I have no problem with the premise of the Savage class. Got no problem with a character going wild for 30s, and increasing damage/defense for that time.

What I have a problem with is that before they fire those Savagery spells they have higher damage output than any other class, and before they fire those Savagery spells they have better defense than any other class (talking about buffed, level 50 chars here).

And then they fire those Savagery spells, gaining 60% damage and doubling defense, paying a miniscule fee for doing so. That is what is fucked-up.

And yes I'm having a rant... Probably something to do with my 1950+ hp, fully-buffed chain-wearing hybrid being insta-killed by 2 assisting savages (1 combat round = dead).

B

belth

Originally posted by old.anubis
imo give pf to savages
will it convince you that they are not hybrids?

No. Savage TL has said he won't even ask for it in the current situation (and guess why's that...).

P

Puppetmistress

Originally posted by old.anubis
last time i checked savages didnt have mana pool, and didnt have any spells in spell tab

Neither do infiltrators.

G

Garbannoch Nox

hardly a nerf - just an overdue bug fix... the biggest problems still have to be addressed

P

Pin

Originally posted by Pin
And yes I'm having a rant... Probably something to do with my 1950+ hp, fully-buffed chain-wearing hybrid being insta-killed by 2 assisting savages (1 combat round = dead).

Oh, and in case someone doesn't immediately see a problem with this... Find your nearest ~RR6+ Skald/Thane wearing mixed TG/MP armour/weapons, with fully capped skills/stats/hp/resists, buffed by a 50aug Arcane2+ Shaman and ask him the last time he was insta-killed by 2 people. Or even killed in 2 rounds by 3 people.

But well... My own fault, I was out of range of the Paladin I was grouped with, so didn't hav ehte +127af chant at that time. If I was closer, maybe I would have had chance to hit IP and live another 2seconds.... Well, if I also purged the rear stun aswell, I could have.

K

katt!

Originally posted by Garnet
cry more you fucking noob it wont be here until another 4 months so QQ more! :>

btw your sig sucks just like you :p

fuck off shemale.

B

Belomar

LOL @ the FotMs who can't stand not being uber and are already now talking about shelving their overpowered toons or quitting the game; FotMs who just barge right in on any fight without bothering to pick targets carefully, no doubt rationalizing that they are "taking out the MA"; FotMs who have yet to prove themselves playing a non-overpowered class but still think themselves to be uber. I bet most of the savage players reading this wonder, deep down, if it may not be true, too.

A

Aussie-

the boosted triples are even 40% lower then the quads atm :D

N

Negura

"What I have a problem with is that before they fire those Savagery spells they have higher damage output than any other class, and before they fire those Savagery spells they have better defense than any other class (talking about buffed, level 50 chars here)."

That's not true. I will be talking about the version of savage I am playing and therefore I know best:
2h savage without self buffs is no spectacular damage.
Keep in mind that Str is not main stat as for other tanks. The damage is somewhere between Thane and 2h Zerk.
(However things change with self buffs and celerity)

Defense, on the other hand, is the best there is in real RvR. Because it's 360 degrees and it is Evade 4 (+1 from BM and zerk).
I don't know why they gave Enhanced Evade 4 to Savages in the first place.

D

dakeyras

When Reavers were thought to be totally over the top Mythic found a way to nerf them that worked out quite well. They moved 2 distinctly separate damage lines and put them on the same timer so only 1 could be used at a time. Reavers are now balanced.

Same policy would work for the savage imo. Put haste, dps, and evade buff on the same timer. Savages would then be fixed.

P

parzi

ok, tried to discuss and be kind, but some ppl just start to post total bs, so hf with your whine threads, wont change anything anyway.
also i dont see anyone who plays a savage and posted here and wants to quit with the nerf. so pls read before post dumbasses kthx.

also saying that savages are no hybrid has NOTHING to do with my opionion if this nerf will be enough. i think it istn enough fyi, too bring them in line some fixes to the savagery line are needed.

but still that doesnt make them a hybrid spellcaster/tank class.

and belomar, stupid post, do you realise that there was an age when everyone whined about zerkers, and where noone cared about savages (i mean the time before zerk nerf was anounced in US). Almost every1 of the top 20rp savages i know created their savage in this time, where zerker was still the way to be overpowered and wtfpwn.
also mayb ppl play for fun and not to proove themselve and the world that they are uber or something like you seem to try.

oh and for the targeting... first, funny how often i need ip cause i got assist teams on me, second, noone is perfect and picks always the right target, and third there are situations where its viable to assistkill a tank. (one simple example: sos running so you cant reach the enemy supporters)

B

Belomar

and belomar, stupid post
I didn't mention any names, did I? Funny you should feel the need to reply to my post at all if this didn't ring true at all with you.

M

Medde

Last time i saw US ppl testing their dmg was at zerk nerf, saying how useless they were and when it finally got live in eu i duel sorusi and he hits me for 1000+.

An unbuffed r3 savage testing quad rate dosent show much imo, would be better to wait until it goes live on eu before u get ur hopes up. And thats if goa hasnt started translating 1.64 instead of 1.65^^

But if its true, then its a good fix.

P

parzi

Originally posted by Belomar
I didn't mention any names, did I? Funny you should feel the need to reply to my post at all if this didn't ring true at all with you.

ohh the evil word stupid.. what a flame...

also, if i reply = what you said is true ? lol
thats a good logic...

why i bother to reply you is cause i dont like ppl generalizing things like you.

you could also just read my post instead of telling me what i have to proove and what i think...

just love that, i post a whole post, and oh no there is one word thats not 100% correct, lets ignore the rest of the post and comment on that word !

P

Pin

Originally posted by dakeyras
Same policy would work for the savage imo. Put haste, dps, and evade buff on the same timer. Savages would then be fixed.

Sorry to giggle at you a bit here Cad, but that's about the 8th time I've heard you utter those "Savages would then be fixed" words, each time with a different 'fix'.

But actually, I find this suggestion to be one of the better ones, though I would hope for a couple of other tweaks ;)

P

parzi

well at least some ppl now seem to realize that the main problem is with the savagery line: it gives great returns for roughly 70hp per buff (tested it, popped 3 buffs used fa right after they dropped, healed ~210hp)

P

Pin

well at least some ppl now seem to realize that the main problem is with the savagery line: it gives great returns for roughly 70hp per buff (tested it, popped 3 buffs used fa right after they dropped, healed ~210hp)

Which is pretty sick to double (already high) defense, gain 60% damage, for ~9% buffed health?

A

Arnor

Originally posted by Medde
Last time i saw US ppl testing their dmg was at zerk nerf, saying how useless they were and when it finally got live in eu i duel sorusi and he hits me for 1000+.

An unbuffed r3 savage testing quad rate dosent show much imo, would be better to wait until it goes live on eu before u get ur hopes up. And thats if goa hasnt started translating 1.64 instead of 1.65^^

But if its true, then its a good fix.

"and he hits me for 1000+"

oh do show screenies of this shit PLEASE

we do about the same dmg as bm/merc, a bit more mebbe, just as its supposed to be. The most i've ever hit for after patch was: 366(mainhand)+355(crit)+100(offhand)+50(crit)+50(proc)

My cap on IB is 440 unbuffed with 110 quick, so with relics you'll hit around that. But for 1000+, and saying "he hits me" is a bit far fetched. Maybe he has hit you once or twice for 1000+ other then that i sincerely doubt it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom