Nerdy Awesome shit you bought!

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
The very last thing I would do with a new system like that is take it all out of the boxes and pile it up on top of the mobo to take pics. :s

And also what Moriath said, unless you're doing something pretty serious audio-wise there's really no need for a dedicated sound card.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
I remember the days of getting a new PC, hearing the on-board sound and going back out to get a SoundBlaster and being wowed at the difference.

Exioce

Part of the furniture
Was a scan.co.uk TODAYONLY offer, the soundcard and keyboard were chucked in.
i5 2500K, GeForce 560 Ti, 8GB, Gigabyte z68, PSU, HDD, case etc. £670 inc VAT.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
good deal tbfh

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
By the the most used gadget i have ever purchased.

267-310.jpg

I got the Harmony 1100 and it's a great gadget. Controls all my HiFi/TV/Sat/Blu Ray. It replaced the old Philips black and white lcd one i had about 7 years back.

Just purchased two Kisai watches the Seven and Rogue both in Blue LED. They look awesome!

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Big G said:
I've got an Audi TT at the moment, it goes in a few weeks. It's quite possibly one of thee shitest cars I've driven, total crap.

Not tried the BMW Z series then? They remind me of girl I used to know called Sharon, looked great but a lousy ride ;). I can fill up for around 20 GBP so no worries out here on petrol prices. Still last time I filled up a hire car in UK I nearly had a heart attack, about 4 times what I would pay here in Dubai!

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
I had a Z3 M Roadster and a Z4 3.0si Roadster, both of which are ridiculously better than the Audi TT.

The ride is fine on smooth roads, I've always been critical of BM's ride on our roads but they've sorted that on the latest iterations. Mind you the TT felt just as harsh, but harsh ride is the least of it's problems.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Anyone got any experience of a Squeezebox? I need to replace my Alarm clock and this seems like it could be a good choice. I also have an iPod dock which i currently use for music but due to having kids next door i barley go above quarter volume. So syncing my iTunes folder with my NAS (Squeezebox Server) seems like it could be a good solution. They currently have the blemished box remote for 50 quid, are they worth having? I would also like to know if you use the thing as your alarm but your Internet fails does it have some sort of backup tone?

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
I had a Z3 M Roadster and a Z4 3.0si Roadster, both of which are ridiculously better than the Audi TT.

The ride is fine on smooth roads, I've always been critical of BM's ride on our roads but they've sorted that on the latest iterations. Mind you the TT felt just as harsh, but harsh ride is the least of it's problems.

I drove a TT yesterday and found the car to be great, not harsh but way better cornering than Z3. Corners like it is on rails. Suspension feels slightly harder than Z3 but not excessively. Guess it's all down to personal preferences. Heck my main drives now are all 4x4's have a Toyota Prado and an FJ Cruiser Stealth, hardly everyone's cup of tea.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
I got a Pure Avanti Flow :)

VL-60967.jpg

It's pretty neat, has subwoofers and sounds much better than most docking stations, much deeper, and it has DAB (which dont work in my house) and has WIFI so I can play the radio anyway, online. Nice thing. Mines in white, which my brother tells me you cant buy, which makes it a bit different I suppose :)

soze

I am a FH squatter
I got myself a Squeezebox Radio. It is very good. My NAS has a Squeezebox app. It has indexed my iTunes directory and they are all available at the touch of a button. The iPad app is very nice. My favourite feature so far is the alarm which I can set up via the server website. Pick days time and radio stations or even specific albums with volumes and a fade in option. I have set different alarms for the days I go to the gym it is really neat.

It only has one speaker so the sounds are not ground breaking, but it is more than enough to fill my bedroom.

I am pleased with the purchase now I just need to sell my iPod Dock (Altec Lansing T162) to make some of the money back.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Yeah mine seems to do that too, although as it has the Ipod already plugged into it it might be a bit pointless, unless I left it in the car I suppose. Still, its a nice thing.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
I have finally got involved with these here Tablet thingys, after seeing the Tablet S in the Sony store for 329 with a 2 year warrant. Also came with 5 Playstation games, 2 films and 6 months Music Unlimited subscription. Bloody bargain I thought, and the tablet itself is awesome. Much nicer to hold than the Ipad 2 and with an even nicer screen, I am over the moon with it. Only got the 16Gb one but its got an SD slot so don't really need any more. The UI hasn't quite got the polish of the Ipad but it makes up for that by being more powerful.
I was also shocked at how easy the software update was, without requiring to be connected to a pc. just press Update and off you go.

And after typing this I can tell you its lovely to type on aswell :)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I have finally got involved with these here Tablet thingys, after seeing the Tablet S in the Sony store for 329 with a 2 year warrant. Also came with 5 Playstation games, 2 films and 6 months Music Unlimited subscription. Bloody bargain I thought, and the tablet itself is awesome. Much nicer to hold than the Ipad 2 and with an even nicer screen, I am over the moon with it. Only got the 16Gb one but its got an SD slot so don't really need any more. The UI hasn't quite got the polish of the Ipad but it makes up for that by being more powerful.
I was also shocked at how easy the software update was, without requiring to be connected to a pc. just press Update and off you go.

And after typing this I can tell you its lovely to type on aswell :)

Maybe you should check your post for typo's before you comment on how good it is for that :)

However, that's a fairly good deal. What were the games and the films? What's Sony's roadmap for the next version of this? Does it have a Sony UI over the top of the android one?

Clown

Part of the furniture
I saw a whole bunch of Final Fantasy games as a bundle, on some sort of deal at PSN. Would they work on that Sony Tablet?

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
In fairness though, my typing is pretty shocking on a normal keyboard so a tablet has no hope lol. It's definitely faster to type on than an Ipad thanks to the wedge shaped design and better function key layout. The games were Destruction Derby and Cool Boarders, plus 3 other PsOne games I don't remember. Haven't looked at the films yet. I believe ICS is due in Spring when the Xperia phones get updated, no idea of exact dates however. SE were very good with software updates in the end so I see no reason to doubt Sony will be any different.

The UI is very nice, Sony haven't gone to town with customising it, settling for some different coloured icons and a new shortcut bar at the top of the homescreen, for stuff like the browser and remote control (that bit is freaking ace :)). It all moves along at a fair old clip, and is always responsive. I certainly haven't seen any of the slowdown I saw with the Galaxy Tab I played with. The look and feel is kind of an Xperia with added Sony, everything is very minimalist yet functional.

As you can tell I'm a fan :)

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
meh I'll stick with my £120 touchpad with ICS ;)

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Clown said:
Looks good. How much was it?

£190 iirc, they were doing a deal on a free joystick ball head worth £110 (I have the older joystick head, fecking awesome).

I have the manfrotto 055 aluminium, but it's quite big and heavy. It has it's place but it's too heavy for long hill walks.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
I got a Pure Avanti Flow :)

VL-60967.jpg

It's pretty neat, has subwoofers and sounds much better than most docking stations, much deeper, and it has DAB (which dont work in my house) and has WIFI so I can play the radio anyway, online. Nice thing. Mines in white, which my brother tells me you cant buy, which makes it a bit different I suppose :)

Looks nice, got my wife the Beats iPod Dock around 14 months ago and that has great sound. Only gets used in the garden for BBQ's though. For indoors we have a Harman Denon AVR3312 Receiver/Amp with the iPod Dock. Has Internet Radio no DAB yet in Dubai :(

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Looks nice, got my wife the Beats iPod Dock around 14 months ago and that has great sound. Only gets used in the garden for BBQ's though. For indoors we have a Harman Denon AVR3312 Receiver/Amp with the iPod Dock. Has Internet Radio no DAB yet in Dubai :(

DAB doesnt work in my house either, and I'm not in Dubai :) The WIFI means you can play the radio anyway though, which more or less makes the DAB redundant anyway. My brother is a director of PURE, he's a big beleiver in DAB, I never have the heart to tell him it doesnt work in my house.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
LOL was getting confused with the AMP's my previous AMP was a Harmon Kardon but that went pop about 6 months back. Realised when I looked up the iPod Dock and thought that's not it. The Denon has been excellent, nice sound and the automatic setup for the speakers works great.

5 HDMI in and 2 out great for the two Sat boxes, xbox, Wii and media player.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Got the Skeleton housing for my hdhero2 so now I can plug in the usb to the dual usb car charger and I have a dashcam that'll record for as long as I need. Sickest dashcam ever? :p

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
It's mostly for festival this year, tore up my old tent a bit rushing in taking it down last year so had to throw it away. Gives me an excuse for something a bit roomier, previous tent was a 3 person but with all the stuff in it it's a squeeze with 2. A 4 person with an equal size porch should be ideal, without being huge.

Also ordered a few canvas prints... will have to see what the quality is like. Oh yeah, and I ordered that external hdd DaGaffer recommended from the other thread too...

Clown

Part of the furniture
Which one? Are hard drives still expensive?
Damn tsunamis ruining my life.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
well I paid loads for the two 2TB drives I just bought so you'd better expect the worst Clown. I'd say I paid a good 50 euros more per item than the last time I looked at hardware (half a year to a year ago).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom