Nerdy Awesome shit you bought!

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
I've just picked up a new torch for my camera bag. I got caught out up a hill recently and had to fumble to get back through a dark forest and back to the car (schoolboy error).

So I got this bad motherfucker:

http://www.surefire.com/surefire/content/images_inv/d/b/25259/6PX-Pro.png

Spec is:

- Virtually indestructible LED emitter regulated to maximize light output and runtime
- Two output levels—high for maximum light, low for extended runtime
- Precision micro-textured reflector creates smooth, optimized beam
- Tough polycarbonate window resists impact
- High-strength aerospace aluminum body, Mil-Spec hard-anodized for extreme durability
- Dual-output tailcap click switch—press for momentary-on low, click for constant-on low, return to off then press or click again for high
- Weatherproof—O-ring and gasket sealed
- Includes high-energy 123A batteries with 10-year shelf life
- 2 hour run time on full brightness, 45 hours on low brightness (in pitch black conditions, the low brightness will be good enough if I need it for several hours)

1:49 for the outdoor dark tests

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svdXGETH41M

soze

I am a FH squatter
I just got a new torch, my firnd has been buying a lot of stuff from DealExtreme including a mod kit to a 4 D mag light which makes it bright enough to melt the plastic on the switch lol.

The one i got is this which I am leaving in the car as the batteries apparently de-charge very slowly, where as every time i grab the mag light when i need it the batteries are dead as can be. It is nice and bright but no where near as bright as advertised.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
New bluetooth streaming and handsfree, fully iphone compatible car stereo mijiggy today. Well chuffed with it.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Was it the one from Groupon? I was tempted by that the other week.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Get a head torch if you are carrying kit.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Was it the one from Groupon? I was tempted by that the other week.

Nah, got it from halfords as they were 50% off - probably cheaper on groupon still, but I got it fitted and didn't have to bother doing it myself.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Nah, got it from halfords as they were 50% off - probably cheaper on groupon still, but I got it fitted and didn't have to bother doing it myself.
Great minds mate, just had the dension box I've had floating around for ages fitted to the panda. It's freaking awesome and the toughened phone bracket I picked up (that bridges from centre console to dashboard) is just above and to the left of my steering wheel. So I now have awesome phone based TomTom where I can easily see it without anything gay stuck to the windscreen.

The guy in the fitting place had some bloody awesome double din units. I ended up wishing I had £1400 to spare (and a better car to fit it into).

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
It's a Brodit Proclip mate. They do these for your motor: http://www.brodit.com/productList.html?lrhandDrive=rhd&brand=Ford&model=Focus&year=2010&pn=prod (assuming my memory isn't failing - yours is a focus right?). Though having looked at those I'm not sure you'd like two of them because they seem to go over the air vents (n)

That said the chap I took the Panda to can probably source & fit one to your motor or maybe offer you a better suggestion. He's only in the business centre off the road between the pond and lombard roundabout. Did the kit and clip for £49 which I thought was fair enough because he was an manufacturer authorised fitter, I didn't want the risk of some Halfords bod messing up my factory fitted phone kit and steering kit and it took him an hour.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
you can buy a cmoy off ebat with bass boost, most peeps build and sell em in small altoid tins point to point made ones are even smaller and peeps charge more for them. you'd save a bit by building it all your self but pre built ones arnt that expensive.

thinking of getting this watch

kisai_seven_led_watch.jpg

I have become utterly obsessed by this watch and have talked Mrs Bodhi into getting me one for Xmas. Only issue we have found is,

Where the tits can you actually buy one from? Everywhere seems sold out :(

ECA

I am a FH squatter
They are manufactured by tokyoflash and I don't think they deal w/ resellers, so you'll have to wait for a new batch or try and find one on some rando website that resells them for some reason :p

One sold for £200 on ebay, another on sale atm :p

Yaka

Part of the furniture
got 2 ere i honestly thought theyd be flimsy but are solidly built, fucking custom twats got me for import duty tho:/

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
got 2 ere i honestly thought theyd be flimsy but are solidly built, fucking custom twats got me for import duty tho:/
That always sucks. I stopped using Strawberrynet for exactly the same reason.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Picked up a gopro, going skiing next weekend.

Fuck to the yizzle.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
£10,500. Not a bad price for an 08 plate.
lol you people on the island are so fucking lucky with your car prices. cheapest '08 350Z I could find just now came to 26k GBP NL prices.

TdC

your steering wheels are on the incorrect side of the damn car :eek:

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Correct side. You're right handed, yes, like most people? Then it makes sense when you change gear you have your strong side controlling the thing that stops you from hitting walls and expensive USB cables.

TdC

lies! I am ambidextrous (really) but choose the correct side of the road and thus adapted cars as a matter of personal preference! :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom