Nerdy Awesome shit you bought!

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Big G,

All mechanical watches will lose or gain time. My Omega Seamaster is chronograph certified (will look up the paperwork tonight) which guarantees a level of accuracy. Think it is plus or minus 5 seconds a day.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Its weird, but i have never been one for jewellery, i think the last time i wore a watch was at school, it was a casio digital, and when the plastic strap broke i never wore one again. I have just got a iPad 2 though, just for sodding about at home with. Not been able to put it down yet

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Big G,

All mechanical watches will lose or gain time. My Omega Seamaster is chronograph certified (will look up the paperwork tonight) which guarantees a level of accuracy. Think it is plus or minus 5 seconds a day.

This I am aware of Deebs, but that's two copies of the Seamaster that are woefully out.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Yes, my point about swiss watches in particular is that they're a) expensive b) also shite.

All my buddies with automatic Rolexs, Omegas and Breitlings all complain of the same thing - either gaining time, or losing time. At £400 a service to supposedly keep it accurate, I'm done with the cock-extension watch game and will happily flog it on ebay for something that actually does "tell the time" as you put it.

This^. I've had a Baume & Mercier for years now, lovely looking watch but its not accurate and you're right about the servicing, I've probably spent £1200 quid servicing a two grand watch.

Funnily enough I was thinking about a Suunto as well, but I wanted a dive computer one. Problem is I don't get to dive often enough these days to make it worth my while.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
suunto's are huge. at least the newer models are slightly thinner. I had an X-Lander and could't get it under my shirt cuff :/

ECA

I am a FH squatter
My mic arrived and holy fuck it's massive, like > half the size of my 27" monitor. It's also toooo good, it picks up the fans on my pc too much :p

Clown

Part of the furniture
It's because you look like a dick when you check the time on your phone.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
true dat

one more thing about wearing watches, i always wear mine on my left hand as my gran mother used insist blokes wear em on the left hand and girls/poofters wear it on the right, she was kinda fanatical about it. different peeps say diff things these days but back then i did notice alot of blokes would wear em on the left hand these days alot more seem to wear em on the right

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I wear my Omega on the left wrist.

Will

/bin/su
You wear your watch on your non-dominant hand, so it is less likely to get scratched.

Kryten

Old Cow.
Watches are old news. Pointless bits of kit this day and age.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Watches are old news. Pointless bits of kit this day and age.

You'll be sorry when the zombie apocalypse comes and your phone doesn't work anymore, but I'll still know the correct time for afternoon tea (may be five minutes or so out).

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Left here too. Your Gran must have had allot of grand kids!

Fweddy

FH is my second home
Right handed and wear my watch on the left as well. Does anyone else wear their watch on the inside of their wrist too?

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
This^. I've had a Baume & Mercier for years now, lovely looking watch but its not accurate and you're right about the servicing, I've probably spent £1200 quid servicing a two grand watch.

Funnily enough I was thinking about a Suunto as well, but I wanted a dive computer one. Problem is I don't get to dive often enough these days to make it worth my while.

The Suunto watches look very appealing - they've still got bags of style but actual functional use as well - endorsed by athletes, not past-their-best celebrities. I noticed in the product description that the battery is user serviceable, so that'll keep the running costs at an acceptable level (iirc Tag charged me £100 for a battery replacement).

http://www.suunto.com/gb/en/products#filter=2128

Yaka

Part of the furniture
Right handed and wear my watch on the left as well. Does anyone else wear their watch on the inside of their wrist too?

if you mean like this pic then yes, started wearing my watches like this since i was around 5 or 6 used to be one of them old sk00l calculator ones which i kept breaking when i pld footy wearing it like this meant only the starp broke which my dad could fix with a new cheapo strap rather than the actual watch breaking. worn my watches like this ever since
chronoad1.jpg

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
The Suunto watches look very appealing - they've still got bags of style but actual functional use as well - endorsed by athletes, not past-their-best celebrities. I noticed in the product description that the battery is user serviceable, so that'll keep the running costs at an acceptable level (iirc Tag charged me £100 for a battery replacement).

http://www.suunto.com/gb/en/products#filter=2128
yes, they have a coin-unscrewable hatch at the back.

Fweddy

FH is my second home
Yes Yaka, that's what I meant. I've always worn my watch like that because it's how my dad does. Most people seem to think it's weird.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Never wore a watch on the inside of my wrist. Doesn't make sense. Will scratch the crap out of it. Unless the watch has a decent strap/bracelet, its gonna look wierd. Definitely a lefty. Feels wrong on the right. Plus the dials are on the RHS of the watch

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I did go through a phase of wearing my watch on the inside of my wrist but eventually grew out of it.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
This I am aware of Deebs, but that's two copies of the Seamaster that are woefully out.
Is there a mechanical watch that can keep time to +- 1 second a day that doesn't cost tens or hundreds of thousands of pounds?

rynnor

Rockhound
All this talk of watches reminded me of an old joke.

Women goes to the police and says she was sexually assaulted by a Pilot in a pitch black room.

The Policeman says 'how did you know he was a pilot?'.

She says 'because he had a great big watch and a tiny little dick!'

<Badum Tish>

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom