Nerdy Awesome shit you bought!

rynnor

Rockhound
Uh-huh - havent you incidentally spent the last few days playing the game featured in the picture? :eek:

Clown

Part of the furniture
GGGoQ.jpg

New phone battery.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Ooh, let us know how long your GS2 lasts with the extended battery. :)

Clown

Part of the furniture
Well 17 hours after full charge and the battery is on 63%. I don't know how the extra 350mAh does it but it doesn't seem to be a linear ratio!

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
That sounds pretty good Clown, as a rough guess how much have you used it? (I suppose you could screenie your battery use by function)

I take my iPhone 4 off charge at around 7:30am and put it back on the charger around midnight (so 17 and a half hours) and it's usually around the 65% mark which includes an hour of iPod listening at lunch time, a handful of calls to the missus, a few texts, Facebook maybe half a dozen times and checking email a few times.

Clown

Part of the furniture
It has been on wifi pretty much constantly. Bit of browsing forums. Lots of Facebook messaging with location services enabled. No calls, but a few texts.
qArTQ.jpg
Wh0Ox.jpg

old.user4556

Any good Clown? I've only seen one of these in the flesh once or twice.

Clown

Part of the furniture
Dunno, I'm scared to drive it properly! Still getting used to my first rear wheel drive car and having triple the horsepowers than I've ever had before.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Clown said:
Dunno, I'm scared to drive it properly! Still getting used to my first rear wheel drive car and having triple the horsepowers than I've ever had before.

Noob

leggy

Probably Scottish
Fed up of manual arithmetic so I bought myself one of these bad boys.

Attachments

• calculator.jpg
    calculator.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 7

leggy

Probably Scottish
On a serious note, I was at a pottery painting thing with the missus (don't ask) and MADE this...

It's not glazed so don't judge it yet!

P.s. you're all correct; I'm a sad fucker.

Attachments

• Mug.jpg
    Mug.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 26

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
£10,500. Not a bad price for an 08 plate.

Very good. Probably because the 370Z replaced it shortly afterwards (although personally I don't like the 370Z at all, its an over-styled mess, and even less practical than the 350Z, which is saying something).

You should get 19" Nismo rims; I had them on mine and they really look the part, I always think the 350Z looks a bit under-tyred on the 18s.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
I bought this a little while ago but thought I'd contribute :)

majestouch.jpg

It's like sex while typing.

old.user4556

£10,500. Not a bad price for an 08 plate.

Not bad at all, cars like that aren't in great demand due to the price of petrol.

I bought my Z4 3.0si when it was one year old and petrol was 90p a litre, but then it gradually went up and hit 135p a litre; really hit the pocket.

I've got an Audi TT at the moment, it goes in a few weeks. It's quite possibly one of thee shitest cars I've driven, total crap.

soze

I am a FH squatter
By the the most used gadget i have ever purchased.

267-310.jpg

ECA

I am a FH squatter
What don't you like about the TT big T? Mine was 2.0 TDI and I enjoyed it overall - I'm 6'4" and it was comfortable to be seated in and it was nice to drive on long drives and the fuel consumption was decent.

Also soze - what is that? :d

old.user4556

It's not that it's a bad car as such, just a ropey sports car. My issues are:

- horribly light steering with a skinny steering wheel
- absolutely no feel through the front wheels, completely numb
- a dangerously low ability to tell what the front wheels are doing at speed
- front wheel drive? seriously? what a waste of time, perhaps a quattro is better
- inability to get power down in anything other than bone dry (again, quattro may remedy this)
- terrible trim rattles
- S-tronic in manual mode is awesome, but put it into automatic and sometimes it's got no idea what it's doing, going up a gear dangerously when you don't want it to after a kick-down

You've hit the nail on the head though ECA, for long drives and cruising it is very comfortable. It's just not a sports car, I had waaaaaaaaaay more fun in an MX5 1.6 even though it's not got anywhere near the same power. The other benefit to the TT is that it's a fanny magnet - my missus' friends gush at the thighs "ZOMG YOU HAVE A TEE TEE?" to which I said "yeah it's shite, want it?".

... and that sums up the TT for me, it's a car girls love for girls or posers that want to cruise and have no idea what a sporty drive is.

I assume the TTS and TTRS are different beasts.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Mine was 4WD, manual only.
I've driven my sisters petrol convertible TT and didn't like it much in comparison.

Funny - my next car might be an MX5, sucker for cheap leasing deals :D

old.user4556

Even then quattro on the Golf platform is pseudo-4WD; it's front wheel drive only until the wheels slip, it's just not the same as permanent rear wheel drive :(

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Even then quattro on the Golf platform is pseudo-4WD; it's front wheel drive only until the wheels slip, it's just not the same as permanent rear wheel drive :(

You'd be hard pressed to notice the switch between front-to-AWD in real world driving conditions. My S3 wasn't a particularly involving drive, but in its favour was pretty much unshakable grip, that compensated for the lack of steering feel once you learned to trust it.

old.user4556

I think the difference overall looking at the S3 and the TT is that the S3 is what it is; essentially a hot hatch so naturally there will be some compromises on how it feels and drives. Get into the TT and you expect it to be what it's trying to be; a sports car.

I'm shall not be sharing what I've ordered in lieu of the fuck-around by VW because you will all LAUGH IN MY FACE :p.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom