Nerdy awesome shit we want

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
well you could consider how often you're in the peak, and how you ride there. a really high bb would be quite unstable, or as the parlance goes...nimble and chuckable ( 0_o ). you could perhaps mitigate your pedal strikes with a shorter crank arm, 165mm for example where 175 is generally the "standard". that said, you're only compensating 1 cm for almost an inch of bb drop.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Bb drop = ballbag? Wear tighter lycra young man

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Stuff I want.

Powermeter for bike.
New wheels for bike.
Proper simrig setup for racing. Doesn't need to be a stupid 80/20 aluminium thing, cuz I race in VR and don't have a direct drive stupid insano wheel. Cheapo option is a playseat for 200-300, next up after that is on obutto for like 400-800 spec dependant.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Stuff I want.

Powermeter for bike.
New wheels for bike.
Proper simrig setup for racing. Doesn't need to be a stupid 80/20 aluminium thing, cuz I race in VR and don't have a direct drive stupid insano wheel. Cheapo option is a playseat for 200-300, next up after that is on obutto for like 400-800 spec dependant.
Stuff i want a spare room to do all at stuff in. Lol

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
While SSD have been scientifically proven to increase penis size, do you really need one for photos? Would it not be more efficient (and safer) to get a couple of 3tb HDDs and stick them in raid?

old.user4556

My current 1TB is mirrored to a 1TB cloud service, so it's all backed up off-site. But yes, in theory, it's probably safer / cheaper to have HDDs.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
My current 1TB is mirrored to a 1TB cloud service, so it's all backed up off-site. But yes, in theory, it's probably safer / cheaper to have HDDs.
If for photos don't bother.

But if you've space in yer case get one anyway and start playin' games :)

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
The increase in speed with an SSD is noticeable when throwing big TIFF and raw image files around. I have an SSD for a scratch/work drive then a dataset on my storage server for archiving.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
I'm going to replace my 1TB HDD with a 1TB SSD. Question is, is it worth paying more for the Samsung Pro? Quite a hike in price for something that's only really storing my photography stuff - a standard Samsung SSD is going to be a huge speed upgrade (as well as noise and heat) over HDD?

The pros are not worth it - basically it has hardware encryption built in for secure needs, that isn't on the evo.

old.user4556

The pros are not worth it - basically it has hardware encryption built in for secure needs, that isn't on the evo.

Thanks pal, I'll stick with the cheaper one.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Stuff I want.

Powermeter for bike.
New wheels for bike.

Unless you know exactly what you're doing with it, a power meter will be a massive waste of money for you. And new wheels won't do much either - upgraded wheels (IMO) are massively overrated. I choose wheels on their ability to be easily serviced, their weight is irrelevant to me.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
IQOS - Landing page

Always wanted to quit smoking and move to e-cigs, but haven't been able to find one that gets anywhere the taste of a good ciggy. These look like they might be just what is required.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
A mate of mine uses something similar for other things, probably where the tech came from, gets on well with it.

TdC

Always wanted to quit smoking and move to e-cigs,

why bother? just quit smoking dudebacon. that said, it took me 6 weeks to cold-turkey break the addiction, but years to get over the habit. also, I gained about 20 kg :eek:

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
why bother? just quit smoking dudebacon. that said, it took me 6 weeks to cold-turkey break the addiction, but years to get over the habit. also, I gained about 20 kg :eek:
Took me a week to do the former. But thought about them for a few years like u said.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time

As with my burger heavy diet I'll gain about 40 kilos. Plus I like nicotine :|

TdC

you too can have a body like mine! quit today! :D

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I imagine a proctologist would have a different idea of what a digital masturbator is.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
I quit using patches over 3 months.... the quitting was the easy part .... peri menopause and additional stress and having the worst depression I have had for years was fucking shite.... I am just starting to feel a little more 'normal' I still don't smoke and I have fought the need for anti dep pills with my addiction issues... I believe by the summer (1 year later) I will be much more like my happier self :)

Fweddy

FH is my second home
A cameraman at work has just got himself a new drone to play with. Seems pretty amazing for something about the size of my SLR.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Yup DJI are in a league of their own and have been for quite a while when it comes to drones. They have improved their camera tech immeasurably over the last few years as well. The Inspire 2 is a ridiculously good package for the price (about £5k including gimbal and lens) for what it can do...

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber

My next phone for sure. Apart from the whole "spontaneously catching fire" thing, the Note 7 was a fantastic phone going by all the reviews. My Note 3 is getting a *little* bit long in the tooth (despite a Note 7 ROM breathing new life into it, with 100% less "spontaneously catching fire"), so I'm looking forward to the 8 immensely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom