Nerdy awesome shit we want

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Nah. Would need a firearms license which I dont want atm. With a spring air rifle my only future expense is pellets which are £12 for 500 and I can store and carry the rifle (covered) without hassle. Public liability insurance is cheap too.

I suppose governments aren't very keen on handing out licenses during times of 'crisis'.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I wouldn't have a problem getting one and have tipped my toe into applying but just can't be arsed with the hassle, I can take mine onto private land (with permission) and hunt.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
But isn't it lots of more fun to have a real .22 rifle? Cmon, how much hassle can it be? Also, what can an air/spring .22 do, shoot rats & squirrels?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Rabbit, pigeon, squirrel, pheasent etc. Big noises do not really interest me all that much...besides there is more skill involved in getting a few mm of lead into a 5p target at 50 yards than blasting something with a shot gun.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Rabbit, pigeon, squirrel, pheasent etc. Big noises do not really interest me all that much...besides there is more skill involved in getting a few mm of lead into a 5p target at 50 yards than blasting something with a shot gun.
Hew as suggesting a proper .22 rather than your air rifle. Not a shotgun. Surely a 22 air rifle will have the same size ammo as a .22 normal gun.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Because the projectile travels much faster and is far less effected by things like wind and range.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
They do make exceedingly good speakers, still use my 16 yr old floor standing ones and they sound great. Nice piece of kit that.

Aye, and they look great as well. Which one are you using? I bought a pair of x300a, great sound, but need some extra umpf, so sending them in to a company that adds a slot so you connect other equipment to it.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Aye, and they look great as well. Which one are you using? I bought a pair of x300a, great sound, but need some extra umpf, so sending them in to a company that adds a slot so you connect other equipment to it.
I think they were Q7's from memory it was early 2002 so not absolutely sure, will check tonight when I get home. Our belongings had shipped from UK to Dubai and my beloved Acoustic Research speakers had been trashed from the journey over. I filed an insurance claim and bought the Kef's :)

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time

Lovely speakers - I auditioned the baby floorstanders (Q3's iirc) when I got my current ones - went for Mission 733i's in the end as I preferred the extra bass, but was it was very close.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Lovely speakers - I auditioned the baby floorstanders (Q3's iirc) when I got my current ones - went for Mission 733i's in the end as I preferred the extra bass, but was it was very close.

Have some Mission M73's for the Home Cinema setup in the lounge, presume they are they the forerunner to yours. Small world! :)

image.jpg

Bodhi

Have some Mission M73's for the Home Cinema setup in the lounge, presume they are they the forerunner to yours. Small world! :)

image.jpg

Think they were the model that replaced mine - I made the purchase in 1997 :) So tell a lie, it was the KEF Q35's I almost bought. Still lovely speakers, but the 17 year old me wanted a bit more thump :)

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Think they were the model that replaced mine - I made the purchase in 1997 :) So tell a lie, it was the KEF Q35's I almost bought. Still lovely speakers, but the 17 year old me wanted a bit more thump :)

Look what I found in a pouch bag, in a box when I rummaging for the Kef speaker info:

image.jpg

Had a recorded disk in it - New Order greatest hits :)

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I jumped from cassette to cd to mp3 players. Didnt mini disk.

Bodhi

The HiFi I'm currently listening to predates Mini Disk by about 5 years - and old Sony Midi System with a record player and graphical equaliser :)

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Ahhh Mission, I had the bookshelf M72i, superb speakers. Still got 'em somewhere in the garage.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Question is, did you have gold speaker cable?

Tom

I am a FH squatter
17349589_10155950017573275_4365835107812869264_o.jpg

I haven't touched my mtb in ages, so I couldn't tell you. I did 66.6 very nice miles on the Mercian today, lovely to be back on that beauty after a winter of using the Whyte. A very, very nice day's cycling.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Not really nerdy but these would look very good in my kitchen.

9257887fe50b2147e0267a7729f9ff42.jpg

£1500 or so though. Damascus steel.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I don't think I could go full purple @TdC - purple is the colour of madness after all.

I think the new solaris max frame is only .3lbs heavier. But the lack of cage mounts under the down tube fills me full of rage like you'd never believe. (I'd have bought one by now if Cy had done that).

Not sure about aluminium. But it ticks most other boxes for me. (Well, not the purple version, but y'know). The other worry I have about a new bike is that I want to know the height from the bottom bracket to the ground. My Nomad is a motherfucker for pedal-strike and worries me a bit in the highly rutted peak district. I want a bike with a bit more clearance so I'm not likely to fling myself over the handlebars because my foot hit a root or a rut at high speed :(

Edit: My Nomad has a bb height of 13.39" as opposed to the 12.4 of the chameleon. I get the "long and low" thing - but not if it means I can't pedal over rough (or not even that rough) stuff.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom