Nerdy awesome shit we want

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
DJI Inspire 1 Raw Edition with Zenmuse X5R 4K MFT camera starts shipping March 28

Do want.

s1-img-v2-f5aec501e722df35b5ff16f681e816e6.jpg

Oooft, definite want.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Longer battery life will always be welcome but this is basically a proper Micro Four Thirds camera that can fly. The quality of the imagery will surpass anything from a "consumer" level drone and for sending it up to take some (16 megapixel, RAW) pictures or shoot some (4k, 30fps, RAW) video, the 18 odd minutes you get out of one battery cycle will do for now. You'd always carry a couple of spare batteries anyway and when it can produce the following, it's worth it...

old.user4556

My onlu issue with drones is a usable, affordable rig that can take a "good" camera to get the shots I can't walk to - if this will take m4/3 then that's superb; Olympus make some great glass.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
My onlu issue with drones is a usable, affordable rig that can take a "good" camera to get the shots I can't walk to - if this will take m4/3 then that's superb; Olympus make some great glass.

You're talking serious money to do that, and due to the weight you'll likely need a permit too. The permit alone is well over a grand.

The Inspire has it's own camera, AFAIK you can't change it. No permit required for that though, unless you're doing paid work.

old.user4556

You're talking serious money to do that, and due to the weight you'll likely need a permit too. The permit alone is well over a grand.

The Inspire has it's own camera, AFAIK you can't change it. No permit required for that though, unless you're doing paid work.

Yeah I looked into it briefly and it was fortunes.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Yep, and to be honest, once you get to that level, you need a pilot and a photographer. There's too much for one person to do.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I'm specifically talking about the newest Inspire with the RAW-shooting Zenmuse X5R camera. You can't change the camera but it takes standard MFT lenses, the only issue that can affect compatibility is weight which would screw with the stabilising gimbal if not correct. There are a number of lenses certified compatible - one by DJI themselves and others from Olympus and Panasonic (ranging from 12mm to 45mm iirc). The Inspire 1 RAW actually comes with 2 controllers so you can split the tasks up and have one flying while the other does the camera.

The guy who made The West in Winter video loved it because he had it going between trees 4 feet apart and other things which just aren't possible with larger hex and octo-copters (although one of those with a full frame camera on board would undoubtedly produce higher quality footage and also be more stable to fly - but then you're talking tens of thousands of monies).

This is an accompanying video from the guy, it's mostly him just talking but I found it interesting...

I agree though, you really do need 2 people to get the most out of the drone. You can set waypoints and have it fly a path while you concentrate on the camera but it's not going to be as smooth.

old.user4556

I'd like to know how good the lens is on a camera mounted to a drone of that price.

4k with a shit lens is 4k of average.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
It's probably 4k with a shit lens on a shit sensor for good measure. You can hardly get cameras that do good 4k video for that money, let alone ones that can fly.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
Planar_3-e.jpg Having suddenly fallen in love with vinyl again, I'm starting to seriously consider getting some decent kit like this together :)

Tom

I am a FH squatter
The Regas have always looked good but the last time I looked at one (admittedly, about 20 years ago and the original Planar) the construction was quite cheap. Well, the turntable was cheap anyway so that's to be expected. It was always highly rated though.

I use a Roksan Xerxes with Tabriz arm. There are loads of decent turntables knocking around, so don't base your decision on looks alone. You could probably buy a Linn LP12 second hand for similar money.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Still have my old Micro Seiki DD40 deck but sold my Linn Axis years ago, love vynl and always will.

the Micro Seiki decks are starting to get quite rare so prices are high, start at 700+ for ones ones with missing covers etc. Very solid build quality and some great looking decks:

b.jpg

blogMicro+Seiki+DD-31.jpg

DD40
micro-seiki-dd-40.jpg

Tom

I am a FH squatter
A mate had an Axis, I was too poor and could only afford a Basik (the first one, sans surround). That's an SME tonearm above, right? Nice looking bits of kit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom