More casters?

Rayko

One of Freddy's beloved
Is it just me or could this game use some more true damage dealing casters? I know we have plenty of ranged stuff, but when looking back to DAoC, I find the casters a bit low on numbers. What do we have? Bright Wizad & Sorcerer as main casters imo...

As in DAoC, you had up to 4 true damage dealing caster classes per realm sometimes

finding it a bit odd, don't want to be running with the zillion other Bright Wizards :(

Vintersorg

Can't get enough of FH
Is it just me or could this game use some more true damage dealing casters? I know we have plenty of ranged stuff, but when looking back to DAoC, I find the casters a bit low on numbers. What do we have? Bright Wizad & Sorcerer imo...

As in DAoC, you had up to 4 true damage dealing caster classes per realm sometimes

finding it a bit odd, don't want to be running with the zillion other Bright Wizards :(

Sure, let's have more casters. Give them ML 9 pets, Mastery of Concentration and bolt ranged mezzes too.

In other words...no we don't need more casters imho :)

Baldrian

Fledgling Freddie
well Destru have afaik 3 ranged DPS, Sorc, Magus and Herder.
you can also spec a Shaman high in damage making him a decent ranged DPS too.
Dunno about order, never played it.

I cant see we need more?

And you do know the developers view on what you say?
If people roll to many BWs they dont make another type, they just nerf it cause its prolly because its OP ;)

The problem is really though that you cant make different race to class in War like in DaoC.
This makes people look more "alike" its easier when not every sorc you meet is an elf. but in war it is, there is no choice of race.

There might NOT be any more BWs than other caster types in other games, its just every BW you meet, specially at low level all look precisely the same.

Rayko

One of Freddy's beloved
yes, magus arent a caster at all...

I know, I didn't say they're not

I'm just looking back to how DAoC was at the launch with Spiritmaster, Runemaster, Wizard, Theurgist, Cabalist, Sorcerer, Mentalist, Eldritch & Enchanter (I hope I didn't forget any :m00:)

quite a difference tbh :)

Poag

m00?
well Destru have afaik 3 ranged DPS, Sorc, Magus and Herder.
you can also spec a Shaman high in damage making him a decent ranged DPS too.
Dunno about order, never played it.

I cant see we need more?

And you do know the developers view on what you say?
If people roll to many BWs they dont make another type, they just nerf it cause its prolly because its OP ;)

The problem is really though that you cant make different race to class in War like in DaoC.
This makes people look more "alike" its easier when not every sorc you meet is an elf. but in war it is, there is no choice of race.

There might NOT be any more BWs than other caster types in other games, its just every BW you meet, specially at low level all look precisely the same.

I for one would NOT like to see an Ork Witch Elf tyvm.

Also Mythic have stayed pretty damn close to the actual lore of the game, which is best really. I mean with the lore would you expect to see a Dark Elf teaching a Goblin how too be a Sorc? :)

Baldrian

Fledgling Freddie
I for one would NOT like to see an Ork Witch Elf tyvm.

Also Mythic have stayed pretty damn close to the actual lore of the game, which is best really. I mean with the lore would you expect to see a Dark Elf teaching a Goblin how too be a Sorc? :)

Well I did not really state if I wanted 1 thing or another. I just stated a reason why it might feel like everyone is a BW. ;)

But now you have already blamed me for a position I didnt really have, I might as well take it ;)

Ofc an Orc witchelf is kinda out of the question.

but other race/classes could be comboed imo
and as nice as staying true to the warhammer concept, if that will be the reason to not make a game better ect. it would be a really really sad thing.

I for one love making chars and having funny ones like Goblin Tank ect. Thats the kinda person I am and therefore I couldnt care less about it being politically correct for an Orc to be a Marauder ect. ;)

Norvindus

Can't get enough of FH
They really can't do it as the game is made within the GW's IP (GW=Games Workshop) of warhammer so if they really wanted to introduce new class combos they would have to scrap the name Warhammer and tear up their agreement with GW, Or get an a-ok from GW about doing it<- Doubtfull. They have changed somethings but mythic has to cooperate with GW about the changes.

Legean

Fledgling Freddie
if that will be the reason to not make a game better ect. it would be a really really sad thing.

Would be much worse if they destroyed the 25 years of lore because some people wanted a Goblin tank. Also it's not theirs to change so they couldn't change it even if they wanted to.

As to the original poster, the problem with Bright Wizard is they are the only true DPS caster on Order. Engineer and Shadow Warrior are both melee damage DPS (ie dependent on their weapons DPS) and the other casters are healers. Destruction at least gets the choice between a Sorc and a Magus.

Baldrian

Fledgling Freddie
They really can't do it as the game is made within the GW's IP (GW=Games Workshop) of warhammer so if they really wanted to introduce new class combos they would have to scrap the name Warhammer and tear up their agreement with GW, Or get an a-ok from GW about doing it<- Doubtfull. They have changed somethings but mythic has to cooperate with GW about the changes.

Im not really stating if they can or not and what they are allowed to do.
Im just saying that limiting a game based on that is bad.
Thats why I disliked it being warhammer in the first place.

Not because I dont like warhammer, but because of the limitations the game will have. and I dont just mean now, but for expansions to come ect.

As stated it FEELS like you have less classes to choose from, because you cant make different combos. you have 10 choices, the end.
Take Daoc, you might have 10 classes again, but you can combine with 4-5 races opening a lot more choices on looks AND race stats ect. so for a cheap graphics you get a shit load more for the users. Now thats spending your Developers right. Not buying a brand where everytime you get a cool idea you have to ask someone else if its ok and then its not cause of some lore.

Then again if they HAD done that game would have come in 2010.

Baldrian

Fledgling Freddie
Would be much worse if they destroyed the 25 years of lore because some people wanted a Goblin tank.

Would it? I couldnt give a rats ass. I play it cause its a RvR MMO not because its warhammer.

and I would say most playing warhammer is the game first, that its warhammer is nice, but secondary to most.

Vintersorg

Can't get enough of FH
Would it? I couldnt give a rats ass. I play it cause its a RvR MMO not because its warhammer.

and I would say most playing warhammer is the game first, that its warhammer is nice, but secondary to most.

Well, I play it because it's an RvR MMO AND it's Warhammer, so I'm perfectly happy with the choices they made till now, and I prefer them sticking to the lore.

Well, I'm not entirely happy...give me Skaven dammit :p

In the end, everyone has different expectations of course.
If they wanted to alter the lore, Games Workshop wouldn't have let them do it.

Baldrian

Fledgling Freddie
Well, I play it because it's an RvR MMO AND it's Warhammer, so I'm perfectly happy with the choices they made till now, and I prefer them sticking to the lore.

Yeah they might not be allowed to change anything. I just hope it dont come in the way of making new cool stuff to the game, because you cant event new ideas, you have to use whats already there. :)

If it was called WarMallet and still had orcs, goblins and shit in it we would all prolly still play it. ;)

Vintersorg

Can't get enough of FH
Yeah they might not be allowed to change anything. I just hope it dont come in the way of making new cool stuff to the game, because you cant event new ideas, you have to use whats already there. :)

If it was called WarMallet and still had orcs, goblins and shit in it we would all prolly still play it. ;)

As long as it's not Warhamster :p

Belgerath

One of Freddy's beloved

Easy to make the skaven classes to

Of the top of my head

Tank: Stormvermin

Melee DPS: Plague Monk/ Gutter Runner

Ranged DPS: Skaven warlock engineer/Grey Seer

Healer: Packmaster

Vintersorg

Can't get enough of FH
Easy to make the skaven classes to

Of the top of my head

Tank: Stormvermin

Melee DPS: Plague Monk/ Gutter Runner

Ranged DPS: Skaven warlock engineer/Grey Seer

Healer: Packmaster

Yeah, I'm inclined to think about those same ones.
But let's face it, there will eventually be other races/Classes, and I'm 200% sure that the next pairing will be Skaven/Lizardmen.
Then again, how would you implement Lizardmen?

Tank: Saurus
Ranged DPS: Skink
Healer: Skink Shaman
Melee DPS: SAurus Oldblood ?

Belgerath

One of Freddy's beloved
Possibly as a Tank a Kroxagor with skink handler on its back somewhat like a necro on daoc thus leaving the saurus as the melee dps.....

Damn thats not really a bad idea!

For the packmaster give him pets for defence instad of ranged spells like a rat swarm at low levels and a Rat Ogre as his final pet. Would be a fun class imo :D

Belgerath

One of Freddy's beloved
Undead would also be easy to implement :)

Tank: Tomb Guard
Melee DPS: Vampyre
Ranged DPS: Necromancer
Healer: possibly a zombie or goul

Vintersorg

Can't get enough of FH
Undead would also be easy to implement :)

Tank: Tomb Guard
Melee DPS: Vampyre
Ranged DPS: Necromancer
Healer: possibly a zombie or goul

I'd say

Tank: Wight (grave guard)
Melee DPS:Blood knight
Ranged DPS: Wraith
Healer/Ranged Hybrid: Necromancer (a la Archmage)

Look at us now, most people can't even decide what to play with the existing classes and we're already thinking about expansion classes/races :D

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
I for one love making chars and having funny ones like Goblin Tank ect. Thats the kinda person I am and therefore I couldnt care less about it being politically correct for an Orc to be a Marauder ect. ;)

My shaman tanks quite well...

And my squig herder is melee spec ;)

Belgerath

One of Freddy's beloved
Rofl indeed!

Wood elves next

Tank: Eternal Guard
Melee Dps: Wardancer
Ranged DPS: Glade Guard
Healer: Spellweaver

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Bretonnians:

Tank: Grial Knight
Melee DPS: theres none as the main melee units are different kind of knights or mere peasants :(
Ranged DPS: Bowman
Healer: Damsel

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Plenty of options around for future expansions, maybe they should let people vote when the time is right? :)

Really don't want to see every moron playing a lollercaster like in daoc though, its actually pretty nice the way it is atm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom