[QUESTION] More Notice on Downtime

`mongoose

One of Freddy's beloved
Is there any chance of getting a bit more notice on downtime for maintenance?

At present we often find out about downtime after the servers have gone down. It is frustrating when you get the notice as the server goes down. If we knew the evening before then we wouldn't wake up expecting a cheeky 20 minute farm session before work in the morning or something :)

M

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
that message was first posted last night - they've just edited it to say it's in progress.

Saw it last night when I was logging in (logged in quite late, mind, so no idea when the message went up)

All European servers will be down for maintenance tomorrow morning from 8.30 CET and we expect to bring them back online around 11.00 am CET.
The purpose of this maintenance is to implement stability and performance improvements specifically for the Tier 4 Campaigns. As usual, we’ll keep you updated here!
Please note that during the maintenance we will also include the following fix:
Fortress and Keep Guards will no longer become stuck when leaving or returning to their original posts.

Update 08:30 CET: All servers are now down and are being patched.
Update 10:35 CET: The servers are now back online. Have a great game!

`mongoose

One of Freddy's beloved
aye Flim

I know it was there when I logged in this morning but it wasn't there when I logged in last night around 7pm (I think) uk time

it's just one of those things I guess - I'm a bit of a junky and I love my 30 min morning farm sessions :)

M

MagnusGOA

English WAR Community Manager
aye Flim

I know it was there when I logged in this morning but it wasn't there when I logged in last night around 7pm (I think) uk time

it's just one of those things I guess - I'm a bit of a junky and I love my 30 min morning farm sessions :)

M
The news post was actually online around five UK time yesterday so I'd suspect you had war-europe cached and so saw an older version. So far, I don't think we've failed to give notice for a single scheduled downtime. How about subscribing to the UpToWar RSS feed?

-Magnus

eksdee

FH is my second home
i find the unscheduled downtime more worrying :p

was having a really intense 6v6 fight last night which had been going on for about 3 mins and then suddenly *poof* and everything is gone.

MagnusGOA

English WAR Community Manager
i find the unscheduled downtime more worrying :p

was having a really intense 6v6 fight last night which had been going on for about 3 mins and then suddenly *poof* and everything is gone.
Last night was an outage caused by a failing router between London and France. We obviously apply pressure to our ISP to prevent connection outages, but really, these things happen and I'm sure it will happen again at some point. Fortunately, our connection was restored within half an hour.

Loneliness

Loyal Freddie
Is there any chance of getting a bit more notice on downtime for maintenance?

At present we often find out about downtime after the servers have gone down. It is frustrating when you get the notice as the server goes down. If we knew the evening before then we wouldn't wake up expecting a cheeky 20 minute farm session before work in the morning or something :)

M

20 minute's! why bother?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom