Midgard, the realm without moral.

D

dukat_lionheart

Originally posted by Gordonax
Blimey, I go off to San Francisco for a week and all hell breaks loose...

My argument against alarm clock raids was always that once they started everyone's enjoyment of the game, whether Mid, Hib or Alb, would suffer. I'm not going to go over those arguments again, do a search.

However, half of me welcomes the fact that Mids have done an alarmclock raid, because in a month's time, when every realm has done half a dozen of them and owning the relics has become meaningless, perhaps the newer players who weren't around during the last alarmclock wars will understand why they're A Bad Idea, and how the unofficial bar on them came about.

even if u mids dont know anything about honour or decency, this explanation should appeal to you, its to do with ppl's enjoyment.

M

Madkobold

Originally posted by dukat_lionheart
as i have already said too many times today, S.T.F.U.

im not in teh mood.

So why do you keep the conversation going ?

F

filofax

Originally posted by Madkobold
Well, do you see my point ?

People do things the way they wanna do them so don't talk about pride and honour.....there is no place for pride and honour in a game.

It's after all only a game were people do what they do cause they enjoy doing it.

Indeed, and some of us do enjoy including pride and honor, we dont see the game as less fun because of that. And yes, there's plenty of room for it! =)

D

dukat_lionheart

Well, do you see my point ?

People do things the way they wanna do them so don't talk about pride and honour.....there is no place for pride and honour in a game.

It's after all only a game were people do what they do cause they enjoy doing it.

lmao, just as i thought u where beginning to understand.

D

dukat_lionheart

Originally posted by filofax
Indeed, and some of us do enjoy including pride and honor, we dont see the game as less fun because of that. And yes, there's plenty of room for it! =)

/agree

M

Madkobold

even if u mids dont know anything about honour or decency, this explanation should appeal to you, its to do with ppl's enjoyment.

I'm hib by the way, Hib NS.

D

dukat_lionheart

I'm hib by the way, Hib NS.

lol then why am i talking to you? i was insulting the middies, whats a hib doing coming in on thier side :D

M

Madkobold

lol then why am i talking to you? i was insulting the middies, whats a hib doing coming in on thier side :D

I'm not on anyones side, I would cheer if you did an alarmclock raid cause it adds to the fun when I'm playing. The thing that happens after the raid in the frontiers is great fun.

If the servers don't crash that is.

M

Madkobold

Guess we could end this conversation by saying...

We have different perspectives on how to play a game.

D

dukat_lionheart

If the servers don't crash that is.

lol some chance, '486 server with prywen running in the background' as someone else said is probably right, pretty damn annoying, when are the servers coming back up? got college starting monday, wanted to get a good fight in b4 then :)

spent all damn morning taking the keeps back, when the RR finally started i was just settling into lvling my lowbie scout, and had to log my main back in, then the server crashed :(

G

Gordonax

Exactly. I couldn't give a toss for honour, personally (although I take pride when my lot play well), but I take exception to doing something that will reduce everyone's enjoyment of the game. No one - Mid, Hib, or Alb - is going to bother doing a primetime raid now, because it takes a lot of time and effort to organise, and if the relics are simply going to be alarmclocked back the next morning you won't bother.

And that means that the majority of players will now not be able to take part in relic raids, which is a major part of the game. So well done those Mids who took part, for lessening the fun of the game for the majority of players on all sides.

D

dukat_lionheart

No one - Mid, Hib, or Alb - is going to bother doing a primetime raid now, because it takes a lot of time and effort to organise, and if the relics are simply going to be alarmclocked back the next morning you won't bother.

herbal will /cheer! :D

M

Madkobold

Exactly. I couldn't give a toss for honour, personally (although I take pride when my lot play well), but I take exception to doing something that will reduce everyone's enjoyment of the game. No one - Mid, Hib, or Alb - is going to bother doing a primetime raid now, because it takes a lot of time and effort to organise, and if the relics are simply going to be alarmclocked back the next morning you won't bother.

And that means that the majority of players will now not be able to take part in relic raids, which is a major part of the game. So well done those Mids who took part, for lessening the fun of the game for the majority of players on all sides.

Not to worry, albs tend to be to proud to do them alarmclock raids and hibs don't care much for str relics.

F

filofax

Off to bed! Just wanted to kind of sum up...
I (me as a person) and some albs (friends and guildies)
feel there's no pride to take in alarm clock raids, since that proves no challenge what so ever.

I can see what people mean when they say that it's just another way to beat getting zerged, I truly can, but what I cant understand is how this could be fun :s

Not only does it completely hurt all realms, wich has already been explained 10000 times so I'm not getting into why, hehe :)

I will however always ask myself how a huge challenge like taking relics from albion at prime time, simply isnt taken on. It would be a tremedous glory to the person who would pull that off, especially since we now do outnumber you.

I'v done a huge number of stupid things in my daoc life, just to push the limits and see what can be done, me and a friend for example have for a rather long period of time been trying what 2 Paladins with 50 shield actually can do, and belive me, we've died ugly deaths more times then I can remember, but we've also managed things people told us was impossible.

Sure this is nothing to compare to doing a prime time relic raid.. that's takes a ton of effort and planning, running 2 palas to Hlid does not... But the point is really that it's awsome if you make it... And that its something you can take pride in, yourself... wich is to me what really matters.. But then again, that's just me and my view of things.

M

multiples

Originally posted by skile

Well, I have had the theory of mids being 14 year old swedish kids, this is not far from the thruth. They are not very old in their heads it seems, the maturity of the 14 year old.

They are prolly 14 yr-old kinds but then it means they have more brains than you :> at least they didnt need 500 people to take them str relics...

Amen.

PS: Grats mids :bazbeer:

E

elerand

Re: Re: Midgard, the realm without moral.

Originally posted by multiples
They are prolly 14 yr-old kinds but then it means they have more brains than you :> at least they didnt need 500 people to take them str relics...

Amen.

PS: Grats mids :bazbeer:

Well if they are 14 year old kids and they are smarter then maybe they had their mothers wake them up in case the lazy sods slept through the alarmclock :D

D

dukat_lionheart

Re: Re: Midgard, the realm without moral.

Amen.

are you ppl still talking? for crying out loud i thought I'd screamed and flamed the last of u out of this post.

look m8, we dot want no brain insults and crappy comments with no point to them. in case u hadnt noticed the twats left a page or two ago!

<deep breath>

THE REASON YOU/THEY (MIDS) DIDNT NEED 500 PPL (this is unconfirmed, they probably needed quite a few) IS THAT THERE WHERE 0, THATS ZERO DEFENDERS.

WALK IN THE PARK TBH

NOW GO AWAY AND DONT COME BACK

sheesh.

H

hiban

Its clear that some ppl dont play this game, just to show others how much love they have to spread. Rather than smashing other ppl over the head, or taking relics/keeps and earning realmpoints. And play it like a war between the realms. Some use it as a relief and a way of escaping the real life, if even just for a while. You can be polite and social with friends home, or at work if you want. But dont expect others to play by YOUR rules, and the way YOU want.

F

filofax

Re: Re: Re: Midgard, the realm without moral.

are you ppl still talking? for crying out loud i thought I'd screamed and flamed the last of u out of this post.

look m8, we dot want no brain insults and crappy comments with no point to them. in case u hadnt noticed the twats left a page or two ago!

<deep breath>

THE REASON YOU/THEY (MIDS) DIDNT NEED 500 PPL (this is unconfirmed, they probably needed quite a few) IS THAT THERE WHERE 0, THATS ZERO DEFENDERS.

WALK IN THE PARK TBH

sheesh.

Was supposed to go to bed i know! Brushing my teeth atm i promise im going :p Anyways lol and yes, please no more useless insults please, nothing more then postfarming imo =)

F

filofax

Originally posted by hiban
Its clear that some ppl dont play this game, just to show others how much love they have to spread. Rather than smashing other ppl over the head, or taking relics/keeps and earning realmpoints. And play it like a war between the realms. Some use it as a relief and a way of escaping the real life, if even just for a while. You can be polite and social with friends home, or at work if you want. But dont expect others to play by YOUR rules, and the way YOU want.

No quote so I'm not sure if it was directed to me, but I belive it was :) So:

As I thought I made clear so many times in my post was that it was MY VIEW and MY thoughts, no one else, how on earth you could miss that is beyond me. No one here is trying to force anyone to play a certain way, we are merely informing eachother on how we liek to play the game, and why we might not agree to what others are doing. Read our posts again if you dont understand them please :)

D

dukat_lionheart

Originally posted by hiban

yawn. read up. u are really stupid m8, totally hopeless, read the post before yours to avoid the pitfalls of exposing urself as a pratt.

read this, it shows that these arent 'my rules'. they are rules that are dictated for the common good by common sense, myabe thats the problem eh?

Blimey, I go off to San Francisco for a week and all hell breaks loose...

My argument against alarm clock raids was always that once they started everyone's enjoyment of the game, whether Mid, Hib or Alb, would suffer. I'm not going to go over those arguments again, do a search.

However, half of me welcomes the fact that Mids have done an alarmclock raid, because in a month's time, when every realm has done half a dozen of them and owning the relics has become meaningless, perhaps the newer players who weren't around during the last alarmclock wars will understand why they're A Bad Idea, and how the unofficial bar on them came about.

M

multiples

Re: Re: Re: Midgard, the realm without moral.

look m8, we dot want no brain insults and crappy comments with no point to them.
No brain instults<=>no moral ?

<deep breath>
Hold it!!

WALK IN THE PARK TBH
i did..with hmm :> u guess the rest

maybe u should get some rest after a whole day crying cuz u lost the relics teehee :merlin:

sheesh.

D

dukat_lionheart

Re: Re: Re: Re: Midgard, the realm without moral.

maybe u should get some rest after a whole day crying cuz u lost the relics teehee :merlin:

sheesh.
[/B]

lol.

that really is funny, i am genuinly laughing over here.

if the server hadnt gone down u would be laughing on the other side of ur pug-ugly face.

(to anyone else reading this) notice that i havent edits quotes b4, this ponce has.

also note how he start going on about me crying all day.

wrong, i spent all day getting our keeps back, then joined herbal's (well planned i must say) RR to take back the Relics u took in ur pathetic alarmclock raid.

i aint happy about loosing the relics but the im taht sad as im not convinced u bunch of nubs will beable to hold them for any lenght of time.

now. if u have any other No brainer comments u want be to blow apart with simple common sense, please carry on, otherwise, GO AWAY.

B

bigzuko

Dont have Anything to do while server crash just watching
some action that allways starts around 11gmt
but made a picture that i have worked on hole morning since * eum u know*

midssux.jpg

just jokeing. Grats Mids U deserv the relics =) Getting littel harder to pawn you but still owns your! o_O

M

multiples

me is natural born hibbie me not troll me-->:puke: :scared:<----j00

H

hiban

You both seem to think you rule this thread and that YOU have to finish it? Its an official forum. got to bed if you are tired. The rest of us can keep the discussion going, np...

Originally posted by filofax
As I thought I made clear so many times in my post was that it was MY VIEW and MY thoughts, no one else, how on earth you could miss that is beyond me.

Did i mention any of your names in my posts? I didnt, did i? Read MY posts more carefully, rather than adding your own corrections to my thougts and points of view. Its clear that to some ppl, their own style of playing and behaviour should be seen in others, or else they are doing something wrong. Or they are wankers or stupid or 14 year old...

O

old.Sepiritz

Everyone knows half of the middies are ex 14 yo CS players from sweden, who ever knew them to have morals?

R

riv

What is the point in just throwing insults? There is none.

Albs work on getting the relics back.

Mids work on keeping them.

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom